[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

iam getting alot of lag spikes how did you deal with that
I am running a fairly similiar build as elementalist with the taming. also i am going for flameblast+cwc+firestorm on my chest for more single target effectiveness.
its very fun (if you enjoy lags, being thrown out of game, thus losing your breachstones and playing alone, this build is impossible to play in parties).
it's kinda broken - its too laggy and i even kinda feel bad, because i seem to stress the servers alot. this is sad because i see a lot of potential in this mechanic. but as long as servers cant take it, it should definitely be nerfed.

My Gear+Links+Tree

Skilltree (Lvl 81 - WiP [or maybe not])
"
vedram wrote:
I am running a fairly similiar build as elementalist with the taming. also i am going for flameblast+cwc+firestorm on my chest for more single target effectiveness.
its very fun (if you enjoy lags, being thrown out of game, thus losing your breachstones and playing alone, this build is impossible to play in parties).
it's kinda broken - its too laggy and i even kinda feel bad, because i seem to stress the servers alot. this is sad because i see a lot of potential in this mechanic. but as long as servers cant take it, it should definitely be nerfed.

My Gear+Links+Tree

Skilltree (Lvl 81 - WiP [or maybe not])

Life gain on hit support does nothing for Firestorm. It's a spell, not an attack. Why dual wield razors? The base build gets most of its DPS from the Fire Burst on the sceptre. You're also not using the ignite helm.
thx for the hint on loh.
my approach to it was to stack ignites to buff my flameblast. as i was building this i was never thinking about going "afk mode". i tought i needed the sustain of 2x razor. i will try as soon as i get more currency.
Was regular Molten Shield considered?

I understand how effective the rat cage and VMS is, but I threw MS on my lvl 20CWDT and it has around 10k damage.

Don't know if there's a huge drawback that I'm not aware of.
"
Was regular Molten Shield considered?

I understand how effective the rat cage and VMS is, but I threw MS on my lvl 20CWDT and it has around 10k damage.

Don't know if there's a huge drawback that I'm not aware of.

The problem is that it has to get triggered before it gets recast, otherwise it's little more than an armor buff. It also doesn't stack with VMS (and vice versa), should you want to use that. Each one will overwrite the other (which will waste your VMS).

"
vedram wrote:
thx for the hint on loh.
my approach to it was to stack ignites to buff my flameblast. as i was building this i was never thinking about going "afk mode". i tought i needed the sustain of 2x razor. i will try as soon as i get more currency.

Well the razor heal effect is mostly just to recoup the HP lost to self-ignites, and small damage hits. It's not enough to deal with much more than that. The build uses the leech of the Berserker+Vaal Pact to deal with all larger hits. The high level CWDTs are so that you aren't wholly dependent on a Fire Burst proc to get a large heal as soon as you need it; the damage they deal is usually just a bonus (though when running reflect maps my Flame Surge will do about the same dps as the Fire Burst in optimal situations). As a non-Berserker I'm not sure what you use for the leech, other than the eye, as a highly effective leech is one of the central features of the build. Elementalist doesn't get any leech in its Ascendancy. I'm guessing Life Leech gems will be pretty important.

I think Tomay has said he's played an Elementalist that used The Taming and Emberwake before, so maybe he has some useful opinions, and maybe he's willing to expound on them to you.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Dec 23, 2016, 10:38:47 PM
Anyone want to post a more recent passive tree for a non-AoF version of the build? If you're not reaching up that way, it seems like branching up into the witch area may be suboptimal, and that there's more value to be picked up staying in the templar/barbarian areas. I haven't tested yet -- still leveling -- but it sounds like some people have already done the legwork, and I'd hate to reinvent the wheel.
On a related note, since I didn't see any discussion of it: I assume the 40% increased damage from an Opal or Void Scepter is better than the 6% penetration from a Sambar Scepter? I haven't done the math, but it doesn't seem like we're anywhere close to the point of diminishing returns on increased damage for the 6% pierce to catch up with that much additive increase.
"
procproc wrote:
Anyone want to post a more recent passive tree for a non-AoF version of the build?

Two options: Only refund Avatar of Fire and leave the tree as is or take the short route from Retribution to Quick Recharge and refund Purity of Flesh and the 3 x 10 INT nodes as well and invest in more Life below, which I did. Since I already had Barbarism and Juggernaut (and the socket between) the six passive skill points allowed me to take Bloodless which yields 3% more maximum Life (plus 10 DEX and 20 STR) at the expense of 20% Chaos resistance (which in turn grants self-inflicted damage to the tune of a "Savage Hit" with Doedre's Elixier).

If you don't have any of these notables yet, the six points wi get you Barbarism and the

Here's my tree at level 96:

Spoiler
www.poeurl.com/XmW

Note: If you're planning to use a 155 INT gem, you'll need to find 11 INT somewhere which I have on a Jewel.

Last edited by tomay on Dec 24, 2016, 7:24:21 AM
Thanks for this great build!
I do fairly well running maps atm, but I just can't manage to facetank merciless Izaro somehow, so he can sometimes oneshot me ...
Can you tell me if I just have to do more leveling or did I miss something?

Current Gear

Current Skill Tree

I hope you can help me :)
Last edited by FRAKTUREZ on Dec 24, 2016, 7:46:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info