[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
tomay wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:
You have the Elemental Focus gem slotted in your sceptre. This makes it so your fire burst cannot ignite, thus doing crap damage.

Wouldn't call it "crap damage"... any ignite deals 20% of the initial hit over four seconds, only one ignite instance can be actively dealing burning damage at any given time (without Emberwake). EF is another set of "more damage" multiplier" which amounts to a lot more damage than the one Ignite.

Fire Penetration only makes sense vs monsters with really high fire resistance, Shaper/Guardians (40%) or unique Beyond bosses (45%), i.e. content we're not overly keen on farming with this build anyway. ;)

A quick reminder as to how "more damage" works, each set is calculated separately... say, Fire Burst deals 3k DPS after all increased spell/fire/elemental modifiers we may have:

3000 + 49% (EF) = 4470 + 44% (CD) = 6437 + 54% (Conc Effect) = 9913

You see where this is going, each set of "more damage" multipliers does make a huge difference.

Now, lets do the same Calculation with CD + AoE + Fire Penetration:

3000 + 44% (CD) = 4432... with Fire Peneration your hit will effectively deal 37% more damage against monsters with no resistance which makes it 5918 but that doesn't count for the ignite nor does penetration affect the burning damage. From the ignite you will get 886 burning damage per second (20% from 4432).

When you compare this to 6437 (CD + EF sans Conc Effect but with AoE) you get with every Burst which we can trigger at least twice per second) then there isn't much in it really with the overall damage scale being slightly tipped in favour of Elemental Focus... and that certainly isn't "crap". ;)

You are making a big mistake here, and that is not accouting for the insane burn damage we achieve due to "double dipping". Double dipping means that certain damage increases/multipliers apply twice to the burning status effect (e.g. increaesed damage, elemental damage, fire damage). Using elemental focus makes it so we cannot ignite with our main damage source (fire burst) anymore, thus loosing out on the double dipping which makes this build so strong.

Example:
Razor of the 7th sun gives us 100% increased burning damage, making our ignite deal 40%/sec instead of 20%. The (up to) 70% increased damage while ignited on the Eye of Innocence, applies twice, due to double dipping. First it multiplies our initial hit, and thus our ignite by 70%, then it double dips by increasing our ignite damage again.

Which means 40% ignite damage x 1.7 x 1.7 = 115.6%. This means you are loosing out on that 115.6% ignite damage a second compared to your build with ele focus. And that is not even taking into account all other double dipping multipliers from gems/ring/tree.

You really are screwing yourself out of damage if you remove the burns from this build. Also, remember, Fire Burst has a 0.5 sec cooldown, so it can only hit twice a second. Often not hitting the same mob twice due to our spells hitting a lot of mobs. So you're really relying on the burn to finish the job, instead of RNG to hit the same mob again.

This entire build is centered around the use of double dipping damage for the burn damage. It's the main reason for concern when 3.0 hits, because it will remove that mechanic. Untill then however, double dipping is king when it comes to dps, especially in this build.

Now I'm not telling you how to play this game, by all means use EF if you want. It's just that the OP reported having problems with clearspeed, and this is one of the things causing that problem.
Build seems very interesting, attempting it right now.

What would you say is a good alternative to the Essence of Hysteria Sceptre, as it is very expensive in STD?

Thank you,
Omga4000
"
Omga4000 wrote:
Build seems very interesting, attempting it right now.

What would you say is a good alternative to the Essence of Hysteria Sceptre, as it is very expensive in STD?

Thank you,
Omga4000

You can easily craft it yourself. Essence is 1 ex in STD, manually craft Added Fire damage to spells on it if it doesn't roll that mod.
Do I need any improvements with my gear? Because I tried doing Apex of Sacrifice, but failed miserably and only reached until the Guardian Q'ura. Please help.

"
RewQew wrote:
Do I need any improvements with my gear? Because I tried doing Apex of Sacrifice, but failed miserably and only reached until the Guardian Q'ura. Please help.

No "added fire damage to spells" on sceptre = less ignites = less cwdt procs = less damage = less healing from Razor.

Also, this build isn't very good for atziri runs, cause she's ignite immune, as is the finall boss left over from the triples.
"
RewQew wrote:

Make char profile public and tell us what killed you, if its bosses or normal mobs and if you were one shot or degened. Then it will be easier to guide you what video clip to watch or what to do.

Overall Atziri fight should be piece of cake.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
First, I would like to thx for this fun build. I have a question. Is my Razor with Culling strike good for this build or should I change it for a clean one?

Question

I am totally new in this game. How can I choose the correct path of the skill tree? I can see a lot of ways of ending the skill tree, but i do not know where I should go first, and where after...

Any help?
"
Xtra20 wrote:
I am totally new in this game.

Then this build is NOT for you!* :D

Dunno if there's a "leveling guide/tree" in the original build guide but it's rather easy: get to level 60 somehow and make sure you have access to Vaal Pact and Avatar of Fire by then, and the first four Ascendancy passives from norm and cruel lab (Cloaked in Savagery). Then get your "Essence of Hysteria-crafted" Opal Scepter and enjoy the ride.

*Just walking around the place and killing stuff while doing "f*ck all" may sound appealing but you won't learn much about this game and its utterly complex and yet exiting mechanics. ;)
Last edited by tomay on May 19, 2017, 8:25:38 PM

I'm thinking about trying to make this into a VMS build. thoughts?
Last edited by djfang on May 21, 2017, 12:13:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info