What is up with all the scammers lately?

I don't per say have a problem with scammers in the regard being posted about here! I have a problem with the last second "bait & switch" in regards to prices. You find the item you want on trade chat, find the seller, start trying to work out a possible deal on price, come to an agreement, meet up in say their hideout, start the transaction, open up the trade window, they place the desired item inside the trade window, you start to place the currency, then at the last second the trade is cancelled by the seller and they now change the price on you! That's my biggest trade chat issue! They know the got you sucked in a little, they allowed you to see the desired item inside the trade window, with you knowing that it's right there, I can see it, I can hover my mouse pointer on it, there it is!

"Bait & Switch", total scam!
"
I don't per say have a problem with scammers in the regard being posted about here! I have a problem with the last second "bait & switch" in regards to prices. You find the item you want on trade chat, find the seller, start trying to work out a possible deal on price, come to an agreement, meet up in say their hideout, start the transaction, open up the trade window, they place the desired item inside the trade window, you start to place the currency, then at the last second the trade is cancelled by the seller and they now change the price on you! That's my biggest trade chat issue! They know the got you sucked in a little, they allowed you to see the desired item inside the trade window, with you knowing that it's right there, I can see it, I can hover my mouse pointer on it, there it is!

"Bait & Switch", total scam!

I mean... dude... your actual problem is that you're using trade chat. Trade chat. In 2016. WAT.
U MAD?
"
x1o8x wrote:
"
Necromael wrote:
Consequences of precious player interaction, don't you feel more fullfilled that way?

10/10

"More! I want more!"
- Faendris, The Insatiable
"
whitelytning wrote:
"
Delzeed wrote:
"
whitelytning wrote:

fake bills

fake price tag

Both of your examples suggest something fake was provided. I would consider that a "scam". Come up with an example where something fake is provided in POE and I'll re-consider my position.

Items in this game don't have price tags. Prices aren't set by some outside governing body or company. They are created by the value the market places on an item. Offering 10c for an item that is listed for 25c or even an ex is not a "fake" price. It is an offer that if accepted would complete the transaction. The seller has no obligation to take that price. The seller has access to the same information as the buyer and can come up with his own value of the item.

When you talk about fake bills or fake price tags the buyers/sellers do not have the same information (or access to it).

Well when you put in 1c instead of 1ex without saying anything your intent is more than likely to scam/take advantage of the seller accidently hitting accept. Scamming requires intent and when you try to pass one currency as another currency without saying a word other than the original "I would like to buy your X listed for Y in stash tab Z" your intent is scamming.

Negotiating a price requires you to actually discuss the listed price and the value of the item and what you are willing to offer.

You are wrong, the price of an item is set by the seller so the item actually does have a pricetag when you decide that you want to buy it (unless the item is listed without a price and then it is open for negotiation). The value of an item and the listed price does not have to match, the listed price is what the seller is accepting to part with the item very much like how an item in a store has a pricetag. If you hand over one 10$ bill on a 100$ item and try to walk away with hoping that the sleepy cashier won´t notice you are doing the same thing but in a real life store instead of a virtual store.

If you on the other hand ask the seller or the store if they would be willing to part with the item for a lower price you aren´t trying to scam. I very much doubt anyone ingame or in real life would part with an item for about 5% of the listed price and I highly doubt that you would believe that either.

I can't think of a better way to implement player interaction.
"
Pewzor wrote:
This is intentional. It's the best way to improve player interactions.

When something bad happens you can even pm them and tell them to go suck it or something like that.
Telling people to go suck it in PoE is still way and away better than not saying anything to others.

+1000

When we will have AH, we will lose all this dimension.
IGN TylordRampage
Check Eye of Chayula in ESC. http://poe.trade/search/itasuragutauro This guy "jewstyle" ( <- name gonna be premoved by support] in seconds ) still have them prices fixed at 1 alch lol.

[Price fixing intensifies]
Who cares?

If i like the offer i sell it. Be it 1C or 10 exalts.

If i don't, well, bugger off.

Don't even check xyz to price or sell my stuff.

Pixel wealth, yeah, no fucks given.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Necromael wrote:
Consequences of precious player interaction, don't you feel more fullfilled that way?

Blizzard used a similar quote: "Aren't you grateful?"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info