(Cruel) Izaro basically ruined the game for me...What can I even do?

"
Natharias wrote:

I'm sorry, but at level 83 and dying to Cruel Izaro means you shouldn't be playing video games. That's like saying a perfectly geared end-game character died to a tutorial enemy.

Again, sorry, but there's no nice way to put it.

"
Natharias wrote:

A level 83 shouldn't die to Cruel anything. It reflects poorly on the person.

"
silumit wrote:

"
sgoer wrote:
Izaro is an off-scale challenge compared to the rest of content at the various levels you encounter him, however.
Yep, he is if you fight him at his level. But cruel Izaro just can't be a threat to level 80 character, sorry.

I don't see the point of these comments. The OP mentioned Izaro being tough, I shared an embarrassing and laughable experience of my own empathizing with the frustration he can cause and then some constructive things I learned from beating him on other characters. You two responded with unconstructive insults. I guess the point is "the internet", but perhaps we can better serve the OP.

Standing in a trap can kill any character. Izaro's hits with full charges on cruel took about 1500-2000hp off my inquisitor with about 8k armor at the time. This character was in an awkward 3k hp/2k ES hybrid mode as I was trying to transition him at the time to ES (now back to full life), so each hit was effectively 50% of his hp. One teleport into traps, one mistep, some framerate drops due to green balls and that is how you die at level 83 to cruel Izaro. This is not that tough to figure out. If I am the first to suffer such an embarrassing and ludicrous death in this game, then can you please all make me internet famous? (can I get a special Dunce forum title GGG? :) I would happily wear that title proudly.

I shared above some constructive things I learned from successfully beating cruel Izaro on some other characters. If you are tired of lab hate threads, then post constructive feedback for those struggling with it rather than suggesting people quit the game or simply claiming that it shouldn't be a challenge.

I just wanted to say that sgoer, you are awesome. Keep having fun and being positive in the face of negativity.
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Chadwixx wrote:

Standard league with hidden chars, ok...

To the op, the best way to handle him is to stay close and get used to his attk animations. The fire balls never seem to hit if your circling him, run some temp chains the first time and it gets easier

Oh I'm sorry you've got an issue with me when I've done nothing wrong to you. Perhaps you should revisit the rules GGG wants us to observe while on these forums.

I'd advise you not to attack me, especially under the circumstances of this thread. A level 83 shouldn't die to Cruel anything. It reflects poorly on the person.

Are you seriously saying that what you posted is not "an attack" vs a person and that "Standard league with hidden chars, ok..." somehow is "an attack" against you?

Your relevant quotes:
"I'm sorry, but at level 83 and dying to Cruel Izaro means you shouldn't be playing video games. That's like saying a perfectly geared end-game character died to a tutorial enemy."

"A level 83 shouldn't die to Cruel anything. It reflects poorly on the person."

There's a difference between an attack and just stating the truth.

If someone comes in here saying Cruel Izaro is difficult, yet they died to him on a character that should have had zero issue with him. Yet he says this:

"
sgoer wrote:
I am the guy that posted the thread about failing cruel Izaro at level 83 on a heavily armored inquisitor, so yes, Izaro is a major pain.

Izaro is a major pain.

No, Izaro is not. Normal, cruel, merciless, or uber. Yet we're talking about cruel here.

As I said, I'm sorry but it's a hard truth. The truth isn't always nice.
"
Akimb0 wrote:
I wanted to play a melee Marauder. Stupid I know, because the only good thing in this game is energy shield, spells and totems. (Unless you have 100 ex to spend, at least.)

My build so far

Level 58, my gear isn't too bad (Can you view my gear? Don't remember how these forums work, or how/if I need to link it.) considering I don't have masses of currency to spend.

Normal / Cruel were easy, Normal lab wasn't hard, but Izaro sure is tanky...

Now I'm in Merciless I actually forgot about Cruel Lab, so I went back to do it...

Normal enemies? No problem. Everything = no problem. Except for Izaro.

He has waaaay too much HP and hits like a truck regardless of distance, including teleporting me repeatedly onto spikes.

What can I even do?

Resign myself to playing a stupid Meta-ES build because they're so overpowered?

How the hell would a player using purely self-found items even stand a hope in hell of beating Izaro on Cruel?

Getting someone else to kill him defeats the point of playing the game, but I can see why people just go to Merciless and pay someone to do Lab. for them. It's just not fun to get kicked out because of Izaro's BS.

I can't face tank him. I can't dodge his attacks because he just spams them over and over. If I try and recover a little? Nope, teleported onto spikes where he begins to spam me with his ranged-slash.

Feel utterly disheartened at the difficulty spike of this boss, like: what's the point in continuing if I can't beat Cruel Izaro? My character is basically fatally flawed since he certainly won't ever be able to beat Meciless Izaro let alone uber Lab.

I played melee marauder last league and i didn't have any problems with izaro.
You really should follow a guide. Or if you did, a better one. There are people playing melee doing this just fine.
Tip: Attack after izaro has just completed an attack. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 21, 2016, 1:55:02 PM
"
Natharias wrote:

I'm sorry, but at level 83 and dying to Cruel Izaro means you shouldn't be playing video games. That's like saying a perfectly geared end-game character died to a tutorial enemy.

Well, if we go by this logic, then you really should stop using the forums, cause you're pretty awful at this whole "talking to other people" stuff. I'm sorry, but this is the truth. There is a nicer way to put it, but since you never make the effort, I think it's only fair that I won't as well.

@OP and sgoer
One good way to practice the Izaro fight, is to go in normal lab, drop a high level Decoy Totem and watch his attack patterns. The fight is no different in higher difficulties, except damage numbers are higher (and in endgame lab Izaro is also way faster). In general Decoy totem is your best friend in any tough encounter, whether you are melee or ranged.
"
PaperRat wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

Well, if we go by this logic, then you really should stop using the forums, cause you're pretty awful at this whole "talking to other people" stuff. I'm sorry, but this is the truth. There is a nicer way to put it, but since you never make the effort, I think it's only fair that I won't as well.

@OP and sgoer
One good way to practice the Izaro fight, is to go in normal lab, drop a high level Decoy Totem and watch his attack patterns. The fight is no different in higher difficulties, except damage numbers are higher (and in endgame lab Izaro is also way faster). In general Decoy totem is your best friend in any tough encounter, whether you are melee or ranged.

On the contrary, it means I should be more active.

I don't care about getting along with people. I post on these forums to learn or to teach. When there is debate or argument, there is conflict of at least some sort.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:

Are you seriously saying that what you posted is not "an attack" vs a person and that "Standard league with hidden chars, ok..." somehow is "an attack" against you?

Your relevant quotes:
"I'm sorry, but at level 83 and dying to Cruel Izaro means you shouldn't be playing video games. That's like saying a perfectly geared end-game character died to a tutorial enemy."

Can you explain how "Standard league with hidden chars, ok..." is somehow not "stating the truth"?

And if you cant explain it:

So if you "state the truth" it is not an attack, but if someone else "states the truth" it is an attack?

Furthermore I do not see how "I'm sorry, but at level 83 and dying to Cruel Izaro means you shouldn't be playing video games." can be considered "the truth". It is just an/your opinion.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
PaperRat wrote:
(and in endgame lab Izaro is also way faster)

The green circle is only 1(?) sec instead of 3(?) secs but otherwise I never noticed a "way faster". You got some source for that?
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Natharias wrote:

I don't care about getting along with people. I post on these forums to learn or to teach. When there is debate or argument, there is conflict of at least some sort.

That's what I meant, you suck at teaching, badly (ridiculing the person, who seeks advice, of all things). Socially stunted ego maniacs shouldn't be allowed anywhere near "teaching". So you, really, going by your logic, should stop trying to teach, cause you are horrible at it.

"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
PaperRat wrote:
(and in endgame lab Izaro is also way faster)

The green circle is only 1(?) sec instead of 3(?) secs but otherwise I never noticed a "way faster". You got some source for that?

Just my observation, can be confirmation bias, easily.

"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:

Your relevant quotes:

Can you explain how "Standard league with hidden chars, ok..." is somehow not "stating the truth"?

And if you cant explain it:

So if you "state the truth" it is not an attack, but if someone else "states the truth" it is an attack?

Furthermore I do not see how "I'm sorry, but at level 83 and dying to Cruel Izaro means you shouldn't be playing video games." can be considered "the truth". It is just an/your opinion.

Because attempting to claim the fact I hide my characters somehow acts against me is a bullshit attempt at debasing anything I may say. Just because I hide my character's doesn't mean anything. You can consider it to be "I have no characters, period", it could be I have a ton of hardcore characters ranging from 90-100, or it could be I just have at least one character I don't want someone seeing.

Anyways, the more important issue is that assholes decide that looking at a player's characters somehow determines whether they should listen to them. It's an idiotic elitist attitude. What about GGG? Would you debase one of them just because they don't have a level 100 character, and not in Standard?

What about league achievements? What about race rewards? What about all of the other factors that show the person doing more than just fucking clearing a map-which just about any character can do? Not every build can reach 100 in hardcore. Many, many more can reach 100 in non-hardcore, and not necessarily Standard.

That is why characters shouldn't mean shit. It's also why I hide my profile, because it helps me figure out who is who, and who I should ignore.

"
That's what I meant, you suck at teaching, badly (ridiculing the person, who seeks advice, of all things). Socially stunted ego maniacs shouldn't be allowed anywhere near "teaching". So you, really, going by your logic, should stop trying to teach, cause you are horrible at it.

How is this the same person as this?

As far as we know, Akimb0 is not sgoer.

This was my post for Akimb0, and it has none of the supposed "ego maniac" present in it, like you're attempting to portray me as.

Get burnt. I don't stand for drama.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info