(Cruel) Izaro basically ruined the game for me...What can I even do?

I am the guy that posted the thread about failing cruel Izaro at level 83 on a heavily armored inquisitor, so yes, Izaro is a major pain.

I have not yet re-attempted on my 83 that failed, but I ran it on my tornado shot ranger at ~75 or so and managed, mainly because I made sure to prevent him from gaining charges with those capacitor things, I took down any backup mobs he had in 2nd fight, used decoy totem, and had some leech and better dps than my 83 (but much worse defense). My 83 failed on fully charged Izaro with 2 support mobs(at least as I like to tell myself :).

Other than that, in my very limited experience with labs so far, I have only had success with Izaro on my highest dps characters with leech, not my most defensive characters. Taking him down before he can teleport me into traps, and having a bit of leech to compensate for his hits is the only thing that has made the fight possible for me.
"
sgoer wrote:
I am the guy that posted the thread about failing cruel Izaro at level 83 on a heavily armored inquisitor, so yes, Izaro is a major pain.

I have not yet re-attempted on my 83 that failed, but I ran it on my tornado shot ranger at ~75 or so and managed, mainly because I made sure to prevent him from gaining charges with those capacitor things, I took down any backup mobs he had in 2nd fight, used decoy totem, and had some leech and better dps than my 83 (but much worse defense). My 83 failed on fully charged Izaro with 2 support mobs(at least as I like to tell myself :).

Other than that, in my very limited experience with labs so far, I have only had success with Izaro on my highest dps characters with leech, not my most defensive characters. Taking him down before he can teleport me into traps, and having a bit of leech to compensate for his hits is the only thing that has made the fight possible for me.

I'm sorry, but at level 83 and dying to Cruel Izaro means you shouldn't be playing video games. That's like saying a perfectly geared end-game character died to a tutorial enemy.

Again, sorry, but there's no nice way to put it.
"
Natharias wrote:

I'm sorry, but at level 83 and dying to Cruel Izaro means you shouldn't be playing video games. That's like saying a perfectly geared end-game character died to a tutorial enemy.

Hehe, the internet...

The game is fun, even if I am not great at it.

Izaro is an off-scale challenge compared to the rest of content at the various levels you encounter him, however.

"
sgoer wrote:

Cruel. You died to cruel on a dude above lvl 80? Do you have any form of defense? Do you have less than 10% max hp from the passive tree? I honestly cant imagine how that would be possible with on-lvl gear.
im playing a cyclone marauder/Juggernaut and my gear isnt great but i had no issue with izaro on cruel. merciless is a different story... the last fight in being a PITA. but im just mapping a bit before i go back and try it again. on cruel i had no problem. and i suck at the game. i have no idea how to dodge attacks and read them... i just face tank. which is probably part of my problem with meci izaro. lol
"
sgoer wrote:

One thing to consider here though: Difficulty of Izaro stage 3 differs extremely. Unless you know "all the little details" this (your experience) could be based simply on there having been a different version of Izaro/adds/traps.

"
sgoer wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

Hehe, the internet...

There are many posters with inflated egos here. They somehow feel the need to show their (whether imagined or real) superiority or sth.

"
sgoer wrote:

The game is fun, even if I am not great at it.

Some people play for fun, others to bolster their ego - which can be fun too I guess.

"
sgoer wrote:

Izaro is an off-scale challenge compared to the rest of content at the various levels you encounter him, however.

Yes. I always "overlevel" for lab/Izaro. Much easier that way.

No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Don't get too caught up in the ES VS life debate. Life is completely fine in everything below T16s.
"
Akimb0 wrote:

How the hell would a player using purely self-found items even stand a hope in hell of beating Izaro on Cruel?

The most important thing about running Izaro is learning the mechanics so you can minimize the power ups he gets in the first two fight. If you hose a fight and he gets all his adds, it might be better to go back to the beginning and start over.

Second, as self found, you gear is likely to suck which makes melee a bit tougher. You need to make sure to stack defenses: armor and/or evasion, endurance charges, fortify, block. I tend to put fortify on my movement skill.

Don't forget flasks: jade/granite, stibnite, basalt. A quartz flask can save you also.

Don't forget to use master crafting. Sometimes it is hard to tell what affixes are on an item so throw it into a workbench and see if a mediocre rare can become an upgrade.

I play SSF. This league, I have a dual wield cleave gladiator that has made it through merciless lab. I failed uber in the last stage when I let my end charges expire, so a brain fart instead of a build problem.

In Perandus, I ran a dual strike Ascendant through merciless lab. There was no Uber yet, so not sure how that would have gone.

So you can do Lab, but your playstyle is not the easiest, so be patient.
"
Don't get too caught up in the ES VS life debate. Life is completely fine in everything below T16s.

Thank you for posting this! This is so true. It's the best answer to all those threads.
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction
"
Natharias wrote:
"
sgoer wrote:

Standard league with hidden chars, ok...

To the op, the best way to handle him is to stay close and get used to his attk animations. The fire balls never seem to hit if your circling him, run some temp chains the first time and it gets easier
Last edited by Chadwixx on Oct 20, 2016, 6:23:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info