[3.8] What a Shocking Tri-Element Trapper! [Fire/Ice Trap build][UberAtziri/Shaper Video]

I tested this build with Mind of the Council and unfortunately it doesn't work. The mana gain requires that *you* apply the shock (which doesn't proc with traps). Darn!

Cool build though! I'm enjoying it very much.
"
Scathefire wrote:
I tested this build with Mind of the Council and unfortunately it doesn't work. The mana gain requires that *you* apply the shock (which doesn't proc with traps). Darn!

Cool build though! I'm enjoying it very much.

Really? Could've sworn it used to... Well, I was contemplating to remove it, anyways, since MoM it no longer is required. Thanks for letting me know!
Last edited by MrMoho on Aug 13, 2017, 12:18:04 PM
Hi I have a question, I see that I removed cold penetration and changed the shield for a rathpith globe, it goes better than the jaws of agony and cold penetration?and if so as generated power charges
Last edited by flasdaon on Aug 14, 2017, 11:14:26 PM
"
flasdaon wrote:
Hi I have a question, I see that I removed cold penetration and changed the shield for a rathpith globe, it goes better than the jaws of agony and cold penetration?and if so as generated power charges

Honestly, not sure. I am currently trying things out with Cold Penetration/Added Cold Damage/Concentrated Effect. I'm also currently using the Blast Cascade set up, that's why I am not using Jaws of Agony.
Hey guys,
just for the people willing to start leveling with fire trap right away, here are some tips/uniques:
First off, take fire trap as first reward. Clear speed will be decent. At lvl 8 you can link your fire trap with cold damage support+lightning support. At lvl 18 add controlled destruction support. As a second trap skill, take lightning trap at lvl 12, and link it the same. Also take clarity at lvl 10 (quest reward for act 1 the caged brute). At lvl 16 i prefer to also add a Herald of thunder or if you got more than enough dex a herald of ice. Mana shouldnt be a big problem tho.
A good and cheap (1 alch-1c) unique leveling helmet you can also equip at lvl 1:

A good wand with crit chance+inc. fire damage+fire damage to spells for a huge damage boost, usable at lvl 6:
Hey man, I am currently lvl 42 with this build as an assassin. Like it a lot so far. I wanted to ask you what are you thoughts on the new chest, Tinkerskin. I will try it myself when I reach the lvl, but I wanted to know what you think about it.
"
KatKira wrote:
Hey man, I am currently lvl 42 with this build as an assassin. Like it a lot so far. I wanted to ask you what are you thoughts on the new chest, Tinkerskin. I will try it myself when I reach the lvl, but I wanted to know what you think about it.

I explained it under the Update for 3.0 update. Basically, okay for when getting started with maps, but should be exchanged as soon as possible with something else.
"
MrMoho wrote:
"
KatKira wrote:

I explained it under the Update for 3.0 update. Basically, okay for when getting started with maps, but should be exchanged as soon as possible with something else.

Could be annoying to answer the same question over and over again, but i just tried it out and the damage loss if you switch from Carcass to Tinkerskin is minimal. The damage loss on lets say shock Nova is only ~300 damage and on Fire trap ~600 damage. If you now calculate the 4% increased damage per frenzy charge provided with Tinkerskin you will even get a little bit more damage than with Carcass.
I just checked this with Path of building, not sure if it really calculated everything, im going to check that asap.
"
OuZz wrote:
Could be annoying to answer the same question over and over again, but i just tried it out and the damage loss if you switch from Carcass to Tinkerskin is minimal. The damage loss on lets say shock Nova is only ~300 damage and on Fire trap ~600 damage. If you now calculate the 4% increased damage per frenzy charge provided with Tinkerskin you will even get a little bit more damage than with Carcass.
I just checked this with Path of building, not sure if it really calculated everything, im going to check that asap.

Well, that's a 15% you might not always have and you also do not gain the additional Area of Effect. All the other effects Tinkerskin offers on top are minute. Maybe kinda sorta useful, but only in certain situations, not to mention that the regeneration effects gets less useful the higher your health and ES, or rather the damage output of enemies. If you really wanna use it, go for it, sure, but it really isn't that great.

I did actually talk with the creature of the armor, and suggested to switch out the Frenzy Charges with Endurance Charges and replace the reduced trap cooldown with added Trap Damage. He liked and even agreed with the first suggestion, didn't say much about the second, however. If these change were to come, I'd consider this Trap a more defensive alternative for Carcass.
is it just me or is a 3-off color dagger starting to get expensive? I am very smoll and I have no money.

Also, i had an extra socket in the gear i used for my WB set up, fortify + golem = slightly tankier golem!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info