[3.8] What a Shocking Tri-Element Trapper! [Fire/Ice Trap build][UberAtziri/Shaper Video]

I have a question I take the whole team like you except for I have divinariuns and carcass 5 l, the problem is that it costs me a lot to kill bosses (almost all my gems are lv 15 other high). I am sorry for my bad english.

Pd:My ignite damage is only 651.5 -975.7 without power charges
50% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
38% increased Spell Damage
Adds 10 to 165 Lightning Damage
104% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
+32% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier

That would be good or little ?
"
flasdaon wrote:
I have a question I take the whole team like you except for I have divinariuns and carcass 5 l, the problem is that it costs me a lot to kill bosses (almost all my gems are lv 15 other high). I am sorry for my bad english.

Pd:My ignite damage is only 651.5 -975.7 without power charges

Level your gems some and your damage will increase greatly! And yeah, ignite isn't too swell anymore (although I think you looked at the burning damage; the ground effect Fire Trap causes).

And the stats for the dagger you linked are plenty good!
Last edited by MrMoho on Aug 9, 2017, 3:37:07 AM
Hey. I'm new to the game besides this old account (never played for real till now) and really enjoyed the idea of your build, specially because its not something I see any streamer at all running (everyone is running a summon build or something like that haha).

Anyway, since I'm new to the game I'm quite lost on how to level with this build. I got some points on the order of passive tree leveling but how about the skills till I get what I need and some low level gear? Can you give me any hints about it?

Thanks!
"
Iamandre wrote:
Hey. I'm new to the game besides this old account (never played for real till now) and really enjoyed the idea of your build, specially because its not something I see any streamer at all running (everyone is running a summon build or something like that haha).

Anyway, since I'm new to the game I'm quite lost on how to level with this build. I got some points on the order of passive tree leveling but how about the skills till I get what I need and some low level gear? Can you give me any hints about it?

Thanks!

I usually just use Split Arrow and then later Lightning Arrow, levelling up Fire Trap and Trap and Mine Damage alongside until I get to General Gravius. After he is dead, get Ice Trap, Shock Nova, buy yourself Deerstalker for like 1 Alch, Socket Shock Nova into it and you are good to go to go full Trap! At that point you should also replace your bow with a ES shield and a Dagger\Wand.
Last edited by MrMoho on Aug 10, 2017, 2:34:50 AM
How do you think a non-crit version of this build would perform?
"
bmadfsh wrote:
How do you think a non-crit version of this build would perform?

Prooobably not as good as a crit version, since in order to properly Shock people, you need to crit (I am aware of the 20% chance to Shock on Shock Nova, but a crit still has a 100% chance).

However, since 3.0, after the nerf to Ignite and change to Status ailments overall, a non-crit version might work. I'm not sure, to be honest. I would need to take a closer look. Do try it, though! Blast Cascade and Jaws of Agony would definitely be obsolete, then.
Im still pretty low level, but I have been sort of following this as a guide for my build.

My question is that my damage was great until I started maps but now it just seems like it isn't there and I don't know why. The map bosses and Kitava in particulars HP is so high, and with MoM ripping my mana to zero constantly, I don't see how I can continue once I am in red map tiers.

If you could check out my guy and let me know what you think I am doing wrong I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
"
Anro4600 wrote:
Im still pretty low level, but I have been sort of following this as a guide for my build.

My question is that my damage was great until I started maps but now it just seems like it isn't there and I don't know why. The map bosses and Kitava in particulars HP is so high, and with MoM ripping my mana to zero constantly, I don't see how I can continue once I am in red map tiers.

If you could check out my guy and let me know what you think I am doing wrong I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Map bosses now have lots of health since 3.0, so it will always take a bit to kill them. Looking at your build, get yourself an Eternal Mana Bottle with instant Mana recovery to counter the lost mana from MoM as well as a Divine Life Bottle with instant recovery, always carry one around of those with every build (except CI builds, I suppose). Get yourself Evasion/ES gloves and then, well, I can only tell you to run, throw, run, throw, dodge the boss while throwing traps in between dodging. I currently am doing red maps, and none of the bosses were an issue at all until now.
"
MrMoho wrote:
"
Iamandre wrote:

Thanks!

I usually just use Split Arrow and then later Lightning Arrow, levelling up Fire Trap and Trap and Mine Damage alongside until I get to General Gravius. After he is dead, get Ice Trap, Shock Nova, buy yourself Deerstalker for like 1 Alch, Socket Shock Nova into it and you are good to go to go full Trap! At that point you should also replace your bow with a ES shield and a Dagger\Wand.

Thank you so much. So I start using Bow till level ~28+ and then start the trapness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info