[3.8] What a Shocking Tri-Element Trapper! [Fire/Ice Trap build][UberAtziri/Shaper Video]

how are you generating power charges?
"
UcigaToaca wrote:
Do you know if other classes can do well this build?

I'm thinking about witch/ranger or scion if they can do it and more important if is worth to do it in terms of
1.damage/clear map speed potential
2.end content
3.ease of progression
4.better synergies within those classes , witch think it might be good,but I'm noob so..

Thanks.

Oh, this build won't work on any other class, mainly due to the Ascendancy classes. The Shadow's Sabotuer and position in the skilltree is simply the best for this build. The other two classes may only work on builds not using Cluster Trap and even then only partly.

"
how are you generating power charges?

Either through the Shield 'Jaws of Agony' or through the skill node Blast Cascade. I feel like I should add a FAQ, since this has been asked more than twice now.
Do you have any problems with breaches? sometimes i keep getting rekt by those fkers lol. cant get the most of it which is sad
I had trouble with breaches at lower levels. Started being much easier after 4 ascendancy points to ensure blankets of damage. 2 more and most of the enemies are blind all the time, makes for less incoming damage. Running away a lot also helps.

Also try pairing with useful leaguestones. Rampage helps a lot.
"
Do you have any problems with breaches? sometimes i keep getting rekt by those fkers lol. cant get the most of it which is sad

Pretty much as mcadoomer said. Plenty people seem to have trouble with breaches with this build. I'm not too sure why, but if I had to guess probably due to the limited Trap Charges and maybe because of the total lack of life absorb and low Life reg.

Try to run away, get yourself Temporal Chains + Blashpemy, throw some traps around the Breach before activating it. Then, well, hope you survive, I suppose!
"
MrMoho wrote:
"

Pretty much as mcadoomer said. Plenty people seem to have trouble with breaches with this build. I'm not too sure why, but if I had to guess probably due to the limited Trap Charges and maybe because of the total lack of life absorb and low Life reg.

Try to run away, get yourself Temporal Chains + Blashpemy, throw some traps around the Breach before activating it. Then, well, hope you survive, I suppose!

Yeah. im using temp chains as you suggested. to me it seems like the traps ( i use ice trap mainly for breaches) doesnt kill them instantly so some rare breach mobs lurk around they do a ton to me lol. i do run away but its hard to grab the most out of it from these breaches if i do. anyways i dont have born in the shadows yet il update once i get it and see how it goes
"
"
MrMoho wrote:
"

Yeah. im using temp chains as you suggested. to me it seems like the traps ( i use ice trap mainly for breaches) doesnt kill them instantly so some rare breach mobs lurk around they do a ton to me lol. i do run away but its hard to grab the most out of it from these breaches if i do. anyways i dont have born in the shadows yet il update once i get it and see how it goes

I use my Beartrap from shield on the rares. Works pretty well.
MrMoho, do you think Blast Cascade/Master sapper should be changed to when traps are triggered in general and not only by an enemy? It just feels off that going an ascendancy specifically for traps/mines makes some trap notables less effective.
"
Icoza wrote:
MrMoho, do you think Blast Cascade/Master sapper should be changed to when traps are triggered in general and not only by an enemy? It just feels off that going an ascendancy specifically for traps/mines makes some trap notables less effective.

Hm, that is a good question, actually. It would make Blast Cascade a lot more effective, true, though I must wonder if it will turn Jaws of Agony obsolete then. The one upside it will have is Power Charges outside of combat and more Skillpoints usable for other stuff whereas Blast Cascade would give Power Charges quickly in combat while allowing to carry a shield with a lot more ES etc. to outbalance the lost Skillpoints.

Honestly, I'd probably say that it should, though mostly due to the fact that Jaws of Agony is more effective on a Physical Trapper due to the added physical damage and, well, it being kinda crap past the extra Power Charge effect. Elemental Trappers have it a bit rough with that thing, despite it being pretty darn awesome, still.

My main stinger, however, would be Elemental Equilibrium. If I would like anything changed on this build, it would be that EE would not trigger for two Elements at the same time, as in giving 25% extra resistance to an enemy even if you only have like 400 Lightning Damage compared to your 200000 Fire Damage on an attack.

I'd say to only add the 25% resistance to the highest Element that hit. Hell, that might even open up the possibility for some odd build that deals almost equal Fire and Ice Damage on an attack, triggering EE on one element, boosting the other enough while weakening the first at the same time to have it trigger on the other Element. That way one half would be boosted by 50% while the other gets weakened by 25%, so, basically increasing your damage by a steady 25%!

Of course this would require a lot of fine tuning and be really awkward to properly get the damage up with, but, well, I'm just blabbering at this point. The first half explains my opinion of Blast Cascade and Chain Reaction!
Hi,

how do you manage to get high crit chance with that build? I saw that you barely picked up Crit Nodes in the tree. And I think just the crit chance from Amu and Dagger + 5 Power Charges are too less CC am I right?

Did I miss something?

How do you think glove enchant "curse elemental weaknes on hit" will work with this build? (when you vaal gloves and you are really lucky) I think pretty damn well. It adds a good curse for free and it also triggers the curse before the trap detonates.

Also when is a rare dagger better then divinarius? When it has about the same crit chance and flat added lightning damage to spells? Same crit + Spell and flat added Lightning Damage? Would flat added cold damage to spells also work? Attack speed on dagger would be nice for whirling blades right?

Thank you for the guide I really love this build!
Last edited by dhuber666 on Mar 17, 2017, 6:12:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info