[3.8] What a Shocking Tri-Element Trapper! [Fire/Ice Trap build][UberAtziri/Shaper Video]

"
dhuber666 wrote:
Hi,

how do you manage to get high crit chance with that build? I saw that you barely picked up Crit Nodes in the tree. And I think just the crit chance from Amu and Dagger + 5 Power Charges are too less CC am I right?

Did I miss something?

How do you think glove enchant "curse elemental weaknes on hit" will work with this build? (when you vaal gloves and you are really lucky) I think pretty damn well. It adds a good curse for free and it also triggers the curse before the trap detonates.

Also when is a rare dagger better then divinarius? When it has about the same crit chance and flat added lightning damage to spells? Same crit + Spell and flat added Lightning Damage? Would flat added cold damage to spells also work? Attack speed on dagger would be nice for whirling blades right?

Thank you for the guide I really love this build!

I might call this a crit build, but it's not a suuuper duper crit build. You won't be getting a chance to crit of 80% or something is what I mean with that, but a more oldschool 35-40%.

Anything "on hit" does not work with traps, sadly, thus these type of gloves won't be useful at all.

A rare Dagger becomes better when it has more crit and almost as much or more spell damage, pretty much. The added lightning damage sadly won't be super effective due to the counter productive way Elemental Equilibrium works (explained in my last post, actually), but if it has a nice amount of added lightning damage to spells plus good crit and spell damage, it should still be better.
"
Hm, that is a good question, actually. It would make Blast Cascade a lot more effective, true, though I must wonder if it will turn Jaws of Agony obsolete then. The one upside it will have is Power Charges outside of combat and more Skillpoints usable for other stuff whereas Blast Cascade would give Power Charges quickly in combat while allowing to carry a shield with a lot more ES etc. to outbalance the lost Skillpoints.

Honestly, I'd probably say that it should, though mostly due to the fact that Jaws of Agony is more effective on a Physical Trapper due to the added physical damage and, well, it being kinda crap past the extra Power Charge effect. Elemental Trappers have it a bit rough with that thing, despite it being pretty darn awesome, still.

My main stinger, however, would be Elemental Equilibrium. If I would like anything changed on this build, it would be that EE would not trigger for two Elements at the same time, as in giving 25% extra resistance to an enemy even if you only have like 400 Lightning Damage compared to your 200000 Fire Damage on an attack.

I'd say to only add the 25% resistance to the highest Element that hit. Hell, that might even open up the possibility for some odd build that deals almost equal Fire and Ice Damage on an attack, triggering EE on one element, boosting the other enough while weakening the first at the same time to have it trigger on the other Element. That way one half would be boosted by 50% while the other gets weakened by 25%, so, basically increasing your damage by a steady 25%!

Of course this would require a lot of fine tuning and be really awkward to properly get the damage up with, but, well, I'm just blabbering at this point. The first half explains my opinion of Blast Cascade and Chain Reaction!

Ya, they would maybe have to lower the chance to gain a charge a bit, but I can't really think of any other ascendancy that makes a notable they use worse in a way. If they lowered the chance a bit but made it so it counts for all traps triggered I feel like it would be equal to Jaws of Agony. The benefit to Jaws would be consistent up time on power charges where Blast Cascade would need time to build up.

I also have to agree about EE. I've had a few good wands/daggers that have dropped that I couldn't use because it had some sort of added damage to spells. You can kind of get away using added cold or light, but if it's added fire it just destroys your single target.
"
MrMoho wrote:
"
dhuber666 wrote:
Hi,

how do you manage to get high crit chance with that build? I saw that you barely picked up Crit Nodes in the tree. And I think just the crit chance from Amu and Dagger + 5 Power Charges are too less CC am I right?

Did I miss something?

How do you think glove enchant "curse elemental weaknes on hit" will work with this build? (when you vaal gloves and you are really lucky) I think pretty damn well. It adds a good curse for free and it also triggers the curse before the trap detonates.

Also when is a rare dagger better then divinarius? When it has about the same crit chance and flat added lightning damage to spells? Same crit + Spell and flat added Lightning Damage? Would flat added cold damage to spells also work? Attack speed on dagger would be nice for whirling blades right?

Thank you for the guide I really love this build!

I might call this a crit build, but it's not a suuuper duper crit build. You won't be getting a chance to crit of 80% or something is what I mean with that, but a more oldschool 35-40%.

Anything "on hit" does not work with traps, sadly, thus these type of gloves won't be useful at all.

A rare Dagger becomes better when it has more crit and almost as much or more spell damage, pretty much. The added lightning damage sadly won't be super effective due to the counter productive way Elemental Equilibrium works (explained in my last post, actually), but if it has a nice amount of added lightning damage to spells plus good crit and spell damage, it should still be better.

The point with curse on hit is interesting. Because I googled it and they said that it works. Then I bought myself some crap gloves but with that implicit on it and it applied the curse with the traps?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3k7x1v/is_the_cursesonhit_on_corrupted_gear_only_if_you/

Or is that outdated?
Last edited by dhuber666 on Mar 17, 2017, 11:09:35 AM
"
dhuber666 wrote:

The point with curse on hit is interesting. Because I googled it and they said that it works. Then I bought myself some crap gloves but with that implicit on it and it applied the curse with the traps?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3k7x1v/is_the_cursesonhit_on_corrupted_gear_only_if_you/

Or is that outdated?

Hum, I was taking my knowledge from the fact that "on hit" effects from the lab enchantment do not work with traps, so I figured it wouldn't had worked with the Corrupted mod either. I should probably find the time to try that one out.

Though, your third sentence confuses me a bit. So, did you buy the gloves and it worked, or are you planning to buy them to test if it will work?
Last edited by MrMoho on Mar 17, 2017, 1:09:34 PM
I am going to start playing this build. Planning on going life / MoM and I am just curious why you get so much ES and recommend ES gear. It does not work with MoM is it just because we will be short on mana if we get hit too much and also it has enough time to recharge while we run?

I played a similar build way back when and enjoyed it so I am looking forward to this build!

Thanks for the help.
"
xFish wrote:
I am going to start playing this build. Planning on going life / MoM and I am just curious why you get so much ES and recommend ES gear. It does not work with MoM is it just because we will be short on mana if we get hit too much and also it has enough time to recharge while we run?

I played a similar build way back when and enjoyed it so I am looking forward to this build!

Thanks for the help.

One of the big reasons to get it is to have all that extra juicy mana it provides since 2.6! That way this build no longer is depended on a Mana Flask! Secondly, well, it's just additional safety. Once the ES drops, your life will be next, but it will be getting a buffer of 30% from MoM! I'd say having it is better than not since the last patch. Getting smacked real hard in the face might get you oom for a second or two, but it's better than being dead!

Also, the fact that I recommend ES gear is because this build gets most out of that. It skills past pretty big ES nodes, and even through them, and pretty much past not a single Evasion / Armour node.
Hi I just glanced over the guide and am looking for a build that can do uber Atziri and shaper. Shaper is possible I saw but is Uber Atziri also doable, or is it impossible due to the burn resistance? Thanks.
"
Cyanidios wrote:
Hi I just glanced over the guide and am looking for a build that can do uber Atziri and shaper. Shaper is possible I saw but is Uber Atziri also doable, or is it impossible due to the burn resistance? Thanks.

Eh, Uber Atziri would be one of those 'if you get lucky' type of fights with this build. It is possible, however it is definitely not a build optimized to deal with her. Well, either that or I just suck at fighting her.

So, it is possible, but expect to die a couple times. I'd say you should look elsewhere for a build that can beat her with no problems.
"
MrMoho wrote:
"
dhuber666 wrote:

Or is that outdated?

Hum, I was taking my knowledge from the fact that "on hit" effects from the lab enchantment do not work with traps, so I figured it wouldn't had worked with the Corrupted mod either. I should probably find the time to try that one out.

Though, your third sentence confuses me a bit. So, did you buy the gloves and it worked, or are you planning to buy them to test if it will work?

Sry that it took me so long to get back to you.
I tested it myself. I'm currently playing with Enfeeble with Blasphemy + a rare amulet with +1 curse and the gloves with the Curse on Hit implicit. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/dhuber666/characters

It works 100 %!

So while it's a very expensive upgrade (good glovs with that implicit - mine a far away from good + Rare Amu with 1 Additional Curse) I thought that is a very interesting update for you guide to consider. The damage you get from ele Weaknes is not bad and you still have a defense curse like enfeeble (my favourite) or temp chains.

What would you say to firenova mine instead of fire trap? I have to try it out today.
Last edited by dhuber666 on Mar 20, 2017, 9:19:42 AM
"
dhuber666 wrote:

Sry that it took me so long to get back to you.
I tested it myself. I'm currently playing with Enfeeble with Blasphemy + a rare amulet with +1 curse and the gloves with the Curse on Hit implicit. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/dhuber666/characters

It works 100 %!

So while it's a very expensive upgrade (good glovs with that implicit - mine a far away from good + Rare Amu with 1 Additional Curse) I thought that is a very interesting update for you guide to consider. The damage you get from ele Weaknes is not bad and you still have a defense curse like enfeeble (my favourite) or temp chains.

What would you say to firenova mine instead of fire trap? I have to try it out today.

Huh, well, I might update my profile to include that neat idea, then! Although underneath a section for 'Pricy ideas'.

Also, Fire Nova Mine won't work quite well, I'd say. One of the nodes in the skilltree, Hasty Reconstruction, won't work for it, nor any of the Jewels, causing you to miss out on some nice Damage. Not to mention that I'm pretty sure that Damage from Fire Nova Mine is the strongest when used with multiple ones at once which will be counter-productive with Elemental Equilibrium.

Also... I just don't like mines. Far too bothersome to hit enemies with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info