[PoE 2.4.1]ScoldBreath Fire-brust Pathfinder CWDT build [Shaper Viable/Uber Atziri Viable]

Another question:

Why are we not using Fire Penetration in our Molten shell/Flame Surge setup? Wouldn't that give much better single target damage. I mean on end game bosses with capped fire res, that could give like 100% more damage.
"
Fritso wrote:
Another question:

Why are we not using Fire Penetration in our Molten shell/Flame Surge setup? Wouldn't that give much better single target damage. I mean on end game bosses with capped fire res, that could give like 100% more damage.
Fireball with 2 supports outright beats Fire Penetration on those two. I did math for it once and Fireball came ahead in a scenario where three projectiles hit the boss (which is 95% of the time on melee range). If you are serious about insane single target, try getting Conc Effect on Molten Shell, Flame Surge and Vortex. Throw in some Shock Nova for shock (or Vinktars, if you can sacrifice a flask slot) and stuff melts.
Just reached lvl95 with this build. Very smooth and fast lvling.

Gotta love that moment when you lvl up and DON'T die, due to your lucky quick reaction. And 10 seconds later the game rewards you for that skill with an exalt drop :-)

On my way to 96. Trying to get to 97 to get the last 2 life nodes. After that there's not much else to improve, and the xp wall gets pretty high.
Yeah. The build maxes out at 95. After that it is just some more life from level ups, unless you are into hitting 100 as an achievment it isnt worth it I guess. Also, I can feel you. This league I had 13(!) pure Exalt drops, 5 of them within 30 hours of playtime. That was glorious.
Last edited by Ulsarek on Feb 21, 2017, 5:47:15 AM
Still enjoying the build!

Think I've made a small optimization:

Respec out of the Herbalism tree, and the jewel above that (Saves 8 points)
Respec out of the 4% life node in witch area, or any other 4% node (Saves 1 point)

Spec those 9 points into the Golem's Blood area with jewel node, pathing from the left taking all the strength nodes.

Net Result:
Lose 4% life, life recovery from flasks, and Flask Recovery Speed (last one is actually good to lose, since it makes Zerphi restore mana less quickly)
Gain 50 Strength, which in my case is more than a 4% life node, and gain 1.6% life regen which helps with the degen from RF and bleeds.

Spec back into the 4% node when you lvl up.

This means that the build will kinda max out at lvl96, or at lvl98 if you've taken the 2 points for Druidic Rite.

Edit: 20% increased life recovery from flasks from the Herbalism node doesn't affect the life gain from Zerphi. Just to be sure I tested it in a no regen map. Life gain from Zerphi was the same with or without that node.
Last edited by Fritso on Mar 2, 2017, 7:02:00 AM
The build no longer seems to Function in 2.6, my scolds does not trigger CWDT anymore.
It's dead guys...rip
In a different thread
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
This should ideally have been in patch notes, but appears to have been missed. The Mod on Scolds has changed to care about the amount of Mana spent, not the Mana Cost of the skill. This will mean it doesn't work unless you actually spend mana.

You can removed BM and get the spells to cast a couple times until you run out of mana and can't cyclone anymore. Anyone try soultaker? Though, I'm guessing that won't work since you don't actually spend mana. Not sure if MoM will work (or not since it's not Mana but ES). RIP.
Welp, there goes another fun non meta build. Time to roll CI VP with Vinktars again, boys. Thanks GGG.
"
vikroda wrote:
You can removed BM and get the spells to cast a couple times until you run out of mana and can't cyclone anymore. Anyone try soultaker? Though, I'm guessing that won't work since you don't actually spend mana. Not sure if MoM will work (or not since it's not Mana but ES). RIP.
I am currently testing an Eldritch Battery version which invests into some regen and es. Not having Bloodmagic hurts alot though, sustaining the costs to reliably proc max level cwdt is actually not that easy. Also, different pathing on the passive tree means less life in endgame. :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info