[PoE 2.4.1]ScoldBreath Fire-brust Pathfinder CWDT build [Shaper Viable/Uber Atziri Viable]

Hello everyone,

I've been following this guide (level 65 rn) and now I'm looking for my endgame chest, can I just buy an armour based chest or should I aim for a chest without any armour?

Thx in advance!
"
TheTank77 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I've been following this guide (level 65 rn) and now I'm looking for my endgame chest, can I just buy an armour based chest or should I aim for a chest without any armour?

Thx in advance!

As far as I know you don't need armor on chest. Armor reduces the damage you take from scolds, and we don't really want that. Also, we're taking zero armor nodes on the tree, so your armor will not reach any significant number. Seeing as every cyclone cast heals us to full, small phys hits cannot kill us, only big hits do, and Armor does absolutely nothing for big hits.

My advice, get the cheapest 6L armor-es chest with high life/resists, and possibly the onslaught mod. Armor-es base makes it easy to get the colors right.
Last edited by Fritso on Feb 3, 2017, 4:30:58 PM
Just hit 75 and loving this at the moment, only time I suicide is when I level up because it puts you on full mana which isn't really much of an issue since no exp lost. Very fun build to throw your remaining currency on before league end :)
Last edited by Kudos on Feb 3, 2017, 11:02:43 PM
"
Fritso wrote:
"
TheTank77 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thx in advance!

As far as I know you don't need armor on chest. Armor reduces the damage you take from scolds, and we don't really want that. Also, we're taking zero armor nodes on the tree, so your armor will not reach any significant number. Seeing as every cyclone cast heals us to full, small phys hits cannot kill us, only big hits do, and Armor does absolutely nothing for big hits.

My advice, get the cheapest 6L armor-es chest with high life/resists, and possibly the onslaught mod. Armor-es base makes it easy to get the colors right.

Hey man thx for the answer I went with a 6link spidersilk robe with 114 life and 96% total elemental resistance. and since it's only 134 int required it's pretty easy to get the colours.only cost 65c :O
hey just wondering how you get so much life currently sitting at 7.5k how do i progress to 8k?
level 91
Hey. I hardly level a character past 90 but am determined to try this build.

However the mechanics and power levels are so intrinsically complicated I'm not sure how to go about the tree pathing. What would a level 80 tree look like and what would be the next 10 points?
"
Dratax9 wrote:
hey just wondering how you get so much life currently sitting at 7.5k how do i progress to 8k?
level 91

Well, he's lvl95 in the screenshot. So 4 more lvls with 4 more life nodes is about 500 extra life = 8k life.

Add to that an extra 60 flat life on chest which turns out at about 200-250 extra life, You're easily surpassing the 8k.
"
flynnzeke wrote:
Hey. I hardly level a character past 90 but am determined to try this build.

However the mechanics and power levels are so intrinsically complicated I'm not sure how to go about the tree pathing. What would a level 80 tree look like and what would be the next 10 points?

What I did was focus on getting the required jewel sockets, and keystones first like MoM, EO, and Alchesmist to get the basics of the build set up. After that it's almost all extra life nodes. Lvling is super fast once you get the build going.
Just solo full cleared the Hall of Grandmasters map (old lvl4 one). Never been able to do that.
Zero deaths!

Only guy that gave me issues was some Mull Gubben. Max block, and insane regen. Swapped in a tabula with Scorching Ray to get him down.

Scold's 1 - HoG 0 :-D

Next up to try the new lvl9 one.
Tier 9 HoG is just as easy, the only character that outright fucks this build (in its initial setup) is good old Mull Bubben. Scorching Ray or ED helps though. As for 8,5k life - rare jewels and good life rolls (T1) everywhere. Being level 95 also helps since you get some base health with each character level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info