Tired of too many negative posts... What fun things are you doing?

"
Bipolartuna wrote:
Slurping thru a large strawberry thick shake.

Well, I guess I implied "in PoE" but since I didn't directly state it then I'm having fun reading and seeing Trump's bid for the presidency going down like the proverbial sinking ship. Also amusing to see the RNC taking prominent republicans who have rejected him behind closed doors and telling them "either you endorse Trump or else we will not let you run for president in 4 years". No one would ever publicly admit that but we can read between the lines and know it's happening. All this makes for the best SNL in many years. Alec Baldwin does a great "grumpy cat" Trump impersonation. Thanks for the laughs Donald.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
"
torturo wrote:
CA is endgame viable, besides bosses. So better don't bet on your theorycrafting skills.
BTW it won't take you long to figure out all compatible "more" gems.

Damage is huge, overall clear speed (solo) is good, AoE is ok. Majority of the bosses are chaos resistant and it takes quite a lot to bring them down.
Of course it's absolutely playable, but past T10-11 bosses become a PITA. In HC it isn't a good experience, in SC it's just tedious.
Shouldn't decay help a lot with bosses? It's another damage source that isn't dependent on weapon damage, right?

Just playing around with a 6 socket Thicket bow on my level 68 CA archer and decided to corrupt it and got this:

Well, it's about damn time I get good RNG for a change. Now that it is 6 linked what's the best supports for CA + GMP + FA + VM + WED + ? (What other supports are best?). Only blue support I have is Inc. AoE which I don't see as very useful for CA.

Dominus battle wasn't too tedious with my 5L Sniper Bow. Now in Act 4 I'm glad I got a 6L on my Thicket bow.

Edit: BTW my theory crafting skills are pretty medeocre as I subscribe to the "I just want to push buttons and kill things" of arpg fun and don't want to have to understand complex PoE math mechanics to min/max a build just to be able to play the endgame. For me "fun to play" and a bunch of complex rules for stacking huge damage or leveraging double dipping to the max are opposites. I just want my exile to feel empowered enough to progress and not get completely nerfed out of the fun.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Oct 15, 2016, 10:57:11 AM
"
Arrowneous wrote:

Now that it is 6 linked what's the best supports for CA + GMP + FA + VM + WED + ? (What other supports are best?). Only blue support I have is Inc. AoE which I don't see as very useful for CA.

Caustic Arrow + Void Manipulation + Rapid Decay + Pierce + Empower + Increased AOE / Conc Effect
iam working on my own game

its cool, interesting monetization strat
manipulate item prices via mechanics (legacy items)
and run my own RMT site on the side, and ban the competitors

and advertise "no p2w mtx" (people like that)
Last edited by CaoMengde on Oct 15, 2016, 6:36:16 PM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:

Now that it is 6 linked what's the best supports for CA + GMP + FA + VM + WED + ? (What other supports are best?). Only blue support I have is Inc. AoE which I don't see as very useful for CA.

Caustic Arrow + Void Manipulation + Rapid Decay + Pierce + Empower + Increased AOE / Conc Effect

Thanks for the info. I'll look into Rapid Decay and Empower. I've used Inc. AoE + Conc Effect on a Rain of Arrows build and it was a very good DPS increase combo.

Now I was farming Merc Riverways for Hunter's Resolve div-cards and got this drop:

This was once a great knife. Is it still great and what would be best poison build for it?
Any build guide available to recommend?
Thanks in advance.

Hey GGG, if items like this dropped a little more than "once in a blue moon" I'd be very inclined to buy an mtx or two. Last Night I was at a college football game and saw the full moon but it wasn't "blue" so I guess I just got a lucky RNG roll on the knife.

I'm just permafreezing stuff. Stuff like Core Malachai, Kaom, Cursed King. Guardians and Shaper are freeze immune so my cold hatred are directed to everyone else. :)
Last edited by Xavyer on Oct 17, 2016, 9:05:09 AM
"
Xavyer wrote:
I'm just permafreezing stuff. Stuff like Core Malachai, Kaom, Cursed King. Guardians and Shaper are freeze immune so my cold hatred are directed to everyone else. :)
Isn't Inquisitor fun :D I haven't yet gotten to the point of freezing malachai, but I'm ES based so I can't dual-wield daggers, need to upgrade and get L21 FP before I can do that.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info