Tired of too many negative posts... What fun things are you doing?

"
torturo wrote:
"
Shouldn't decay help a lot with bosses?

What do you mean by decay?
From this
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Since this is October GGG should honor the dead and replay TQIT with the super mod Titan Quest Lilith TWoD Battles of Jalavia Masteries Edition!. GGG needs to bring some of Iron Lore's "fun to play" elements into PoE.

We were all saddened by the demise of Iron Lore.

Titan Quest is far from dead. The anniversary edition from THQ Nordic was released just over a month ago and includes Steam Workshop support.

Also Iron Lore became Crate who are behind Grim Dawn which is a fantastic ARPG (and where I am currently spending the majority of my time. Can't wait for the upcoming DLC)
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
Come on you started a thread about too many negative posts but you post this 'typical ggg' crap, don't prove my first post right!

I think you can make a totally endgame viable Caustic Arrow build, I can guarantee you can make one that will clear up to T15 bosses, although I don't know about Guardians or Shaper. Want to theorycraft what you would need to make that build successful?

Sorry, it's all too easy to get frustrated with what GGG does to anything that works well. I know I deliberately made this thread in response to the many rant posts so I digressed when I shouldn't have. It's very easy to allow GGG to discourage me from playing. I wonder why GGG thinks it's such a good thing to be biting the hand that feeds them?

Even if The Essence League T16 bosses and The Shaper are chaos damage immune I'm not going to abandon this skill because I know that this content is out of my reach so I'll never get that far. I'm enjoying it now heading into Merc Dominus battle so I'll see how it works or not. Maybe I'll try the Wither on a totem as was suggested that might work well with my DoT passives.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
"
torturo wrote:
"
Shouldn't decay help a lot with bosses?

What do you mean by decay?
From this

Very nice. How high of map level did that drop in?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
From this

I don't know much about it. Is decay a prefix or suffix? As CA is mostly about scaling gem level and +3 bow is like a must. Also 100/sec doesn't look impressive. Could it be scaled, or it's a fixed DoT?
On a side note it's "on hit", which isn't related to anything about its power, just an inconvenience.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Oct 12, 2016, 8:23:05 AM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:19:55 PM
"
torturo wrote:
Also 100/sec doesn't look impressive. Could it be scaled, or it's a fixed DoT?

1000*
It does benefit from Increased Damage modifiers.
(e; meaning, Chaos/DoT/generic, not sure if it benefits from transference (Proj/etc.))
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 12, 2016, 9:14:11 AM
Oh, 1000. I read it as 1000 per 10 sec. And scaling.
So in CA's case it can work on a weapons swap with supported vigilant strike.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
torturo wrote:
Also 100/sec doesn't look impressive. Could it be scaled, or it's a fixed DoT?

1000*
It does benefit from Increased Damage modifiers.
(e; meaning, Chaos/DoT/generic, not sure if it benefits from transference (Proj/etc.))
I haven't tested it, I'm not sure if it benefits from gem modifiers either. So if you apply the DoT with caustic arrow, I'm not sure if Slow Proj changes Decay damage. According to Ghudda, gem mods and proj/area mods both affect decay, so it should work very well with Caustic Arrow.

The best setup (though obviously a bit expensive) would be to use these until you hit +2 bow gems with an open prefix and suffix, then metamod "can't roll attack mods" and exalt on +1 to gems. I've not tried to roll +2 gems so I dunno how many essences that would take but I think that would be the BiS Caustic Arrow bow for all time.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Slurping thru a large strawberry thick shake.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info