Tired of too many negative posts... What fun things are you doing?

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
HC Quad lightning Golem Elementalist. Focusing on enjoying how invincible my golems are, and how I only need to do normal Lab, and trying not to thing about how much dps I am losing by not going Necro.

How viable is quad golem Elementalist? I really HATE summoning in PoE, as it's designed as a clusterfuck of too much shit on your screen. Going 4 golems seems interesting to me. Can it be done without the need of zombies, specters and skeletons, or do you need an army in addition to your golems?

Golems are like weaker versions of spectres, but with much better QoL (and especially as Elementalist, much better survivability).
Since you'll want to pick up most of the minion nodes anyway, you might as well have some zombies in a 3L or 4L; especially if you are playing in HC. Clayshaper helps make your zombies really tanky and the bonus damage they give is always nice too.

Clear speed is OK with just golems and zombies, but it's nothing to write home about. At level 72ish (with level 16 golems in a 5L) I was getting 70k exp/hr in Dried lake - nothing amazing but good enough for me for HC I think!
SRS is unnecessary, but you might as well have something to cast to direct your minions and help them kill. As elementalist you could also use a spell to augment your kill speed. Probably Arc or Firestorm depending on which golem you chose, since they let you kill from afar.
But SRS will probably still be your best choice for speeding up single-target kills. That's because with 2 clayshapers, you won't have much increased spell damage, and you would also be limited to a 4L for any support skills like that.

Spectres might also be an interesting choice as a back-up for your golems; you could get some Bones of Ullr and have 3 spectres and 4 golems which would be pretty nuts. I haven't tried it myself though, since spectre QoL is terrible. If I did, I would go for something like tentacle miscreations because of the added phys damage from clayshaper.

Also note that (as I said above), a 3 golem necro will probably be a better choice if you're just focusing on minions and clear speed.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Oct 6, 2016, 6:25:07 PM
I've been goofing around on my first real HC character, a Ranger going Deadeye soon. Mostly using Kinetic Blast, and once I have the links for it, CoC with KB. Not sure how it'll turn out since I've never had a CoC toon, but it could be really great. The downside to this toon is that I'm going for the Overcharged achievement, so my tree is spread pretty thin (I cut two +max charges nodes on my tree in favor of a few uniques though, so there's that). Up to level 49, and just busting into the witch area nodes so my damage is getting pretty nice now though.
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
Enjoying everything so far... except for the lab that is... ^^
If I stop enjoying things... and I mean not only playing poe, I stop doing them.. expecially since complaining usually doesn´t help at all. ^^

Let´s not forget.. it´s a game.. something that should relax you, be fun.. it is precious time of your life you put into things.. so why waste part of your life doing things you don´t enjoy? ^^
"Ta-Ta, not-a-cockroach"
I spam all my orbs on ES items to gear my first CI..something.. up.

I have no plan whatosever but she runs a4merc now and doesn't slow.

Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Oct 7, 2016, 5:02:26 AM
holy
ey
To stay positive, I stick around the Build/Classes forums. I highly enjoy the theory crafting and the discussion of builds. (Obviously)

I try to avoid the poisonous and salt filled threads. I don't get why ppl hate so much.

So far, take a pizzaVAN & have a nice day :)

Bison
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Last edited by eviL_Bison on Oct 7, 2016, 5:35:43 AM
I slew Grigori yesterday, woo, and finished up the story on my first character. Post-game changes were quite a surprise, but I'm digging it a lot. Goblins are still freebie exp, but hellhounds deserve a little more attention than wolves ever did.
Got my dragon longbow and daggers a couple upgrades, and chumped the Evil Eye without much effort. Will probably explore more of the Everfall today? Or maybe tour the post-game some more. Not sure! Should also get a new sword for my fighter setup. There's much to do...

I have been playing Dragon's Dogma :p It's super fun! 7/10 game overall ('fine'), but 8.5/10 combat which is the crux of the game anyways.
Well there is so many things to do/learn that i decided to run two chars at same time. First its noob friendly TS-deadeye drillneck and ass bv CI. I wantes to learn how ci works and this is perfect platform.

Im amazed how well it works without any gear it just rolls over anything.

Now i bought essence worm and trying to set up blas/disc/mark combo but i just dont have enough MP(left with 200) to run
blades i can do only 5 and i did get charisma. At this point do just lvl up more and later i will be able to pull it off.
"
Boem wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
If you frame things the right way you can see positivity in anything. For example if you personally stopped posting in General Discussion the prevalence of negative posts would cut in half, just think of the possibilities.

Spoiler
Softly apply water on burned spot.

Peace,

-Boem-

Since I live in SW Florida I have a few Aloe plants that i can use to apply to a burn.

I'm solidly in the upper middle of the SSF casual player base so any and all PoE updates that mostly benefit the top 1% elite players I frown upon. This time AoW has 4 T16 and The Shaper uber bosses that will keep the top players pacified for a little while but they will eventually brag about face rolling them and ask GGG once again "more harder please". There is certainly nothing wrong with GGG adding uber hard content for these top players but if that's all GGG does and never gives anything new to the rest of us schmuck players who don't like being left out of the endgame most of the time then that is very disheartening and leads to more negative posts than there are positive ones.

Going forward playing PoE I certainly will never run out of new skills to try and the new channeling skills look interesting at a first glance. I'll need to see how easy or not the energy beam will be to point but I'm always in favor of new skills.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Gearing up my Assassin Starforge character. Ended up buying a jewel from the guy who wrote the guide I'm following (although I've tweaked the tree, gear and gems to my tastes).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info