Tired of too many negative posts... What fun things are you doing?

"
toyotatundra wrote:
My GPU died on me, so I'm chilling on forums till i replace it. When I do, I'll go back to what I was doing, I had lots going on in-game. Most immediate short-term goal: completing the entire atlas, I was getting closer and closer before the GPU thing. I'm also trying to think of a good hipster build I might play next league, but I dont have it locked down just yet. :D

"
Arrowneous wrote:

Right now I'm slowly working a Caustic Arrow (DOT) + fire trapper build in Essence. I'm only to level 65 and have a very long way to go so I don't know yet it's endgame viability but so far (Merc Marketplace) I'm in cruise mode most of the time and progressing nicely.

Played CA many times. It's a decent solo skill, but you should never play it in parties. Solo, you'll fly through low and mid-tier maps like it's nothing, but you'll also find dps to be inadequate for highest level maps even if you get the best possible gear for it. GGG overnerfed the skill, there's no way around it.

Sorry that your GPU died. PoE using DirectX 9 hammers the gpu hard. Only good news is that new nVidia 1000 series GPUs are very low power so heat isn't a problem anymore. I read up on GPU coolers 5 years ago and decided to buy an MSI video card with the TwinFrozr III GPU cooler. It is a Hawk ATI Radeon HD6870 and it is still working today. The choice of gpu cooler design is very important and MSI has a great product with the TwinFrozr line of coolers. My next GPU upgrade will definitely be an MSI nVidia GPU video card with a TwinFrozer cooler. Extremely quiet fans even when at full load playing PoE (I do hear them a little as they rev up) and the ATI/AMD GPU never overheats so longevity is assured. so before buying check out the MSI TwinFrozer product reviews. Right now I give the nod to nVidia with the 1060 or more likely drop many hints starting in November that an MSI 1070 with a TwinFrozr cooler would be the best Christmas present (family can pool their finances and gift me one).

Too bad that Caustic Arrow won't get me very far with red maps. Typical GGG "working as intended" BS as is the case with most skills. Anything that works well in red maps gets nerf hammered.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Hi!

I play PoE on and off... But I guess this time I got the point and started again leveling my lovely fire-witch (SF) and I'm finally at Act 3 of Cruel. Hope to do some near-endgame content soon. I'm exploring the game possibilities and even (probably I'm the only one) playing it in a "dark souls way", since I'm a IRL roleplayer and I like the Lore aspect of the game.

What I really hope from the designers is they give more strength to the multiplayer side of the game in terms of Guilds and lore content.

Have a fun gaming day folks!
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:18:22 PM
CA is endgame viable, besides bosses. So better don't bet on your theorycrafting skills.
BTW it won't take you long to figure out all compatible "more" gems.

Damage is huge, overall clear speed (solo) is good, AoE is ok. Majority of the bosses are chaos resistant and it takes quite a lot to bring them down.
Of course it's absolutely playable, but past T10-11 bosses become a PITA. In HC it isn't a good experience, in SC it's just tedious.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Oct 11, 2016, 11:55:08 AM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:18:39 PM
The optimal gem setup is full "more" multiplier at 5L + emp. at 6L, it's known.
DoT clusters on tree are limited and also known.
Not much to play around with.

The only eventual way to scale vs bosses is probably as occultist (more likely CI). Vuln + wither totem, -20 chaos res. Curse effectiveness due to location.
But it'll come at a price and I highly doubt the end result, also if it's justified.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Oct 11, 2016, 2:28:27 PM
"
torturo wrote:
CA is endgame viable, besides bosses. So better don't bet on your theorycrafting skills.
BTW it won't take you long to figure out all compatible "more" gems.

Damage is huge, overall clear speed (solo) is good, AoE is ok. Majority of the bosses are chaos resistant and it takes quite a lot to bring them down.
Of course it's absolutely playable, but past T10-11 bosses become a PITA. In HC it isn't a good experience, in SC it's just tedious.
Shouldn't decay help a lot with bosses? It's another damage source that isn't dependent on weapon damage, right?
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
So bored with Path. Grim Dawn, Dark Souls, and MTGO. Went to a Miami Dolphins game, drinking beer and working out. Path of Nerfs killed me pretty badly to many repeated nerfs over and over and over and over again throughout the years.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Since this is October GGG should honor the dead and replay TQIT with the super mod Titan Quest Lilith TWoD Battles of Jalavia Masteries Edition!. GGG needs to bring some of Iron Lore's "fun to play" elements into PoE.

We were all saddened by the demise of Iron Lore.

Crate Entertainment is still alive. :P Also, people think that the company behind Sacred/Sacred 2 also died. It kinda did, but people who have created it are also working on something of their own - Unbended. :-)
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Oct 12, 2016, 2:45:11 AM
"
Shouldn't decay help a lot with bosses?

What do you mean by decay?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info