[2.6] SignalShot™ CI Full Ele Conversion TS/Barrage / Shaper & Uber Deathless / with video!

So finally after vaaling around 15 of these got it
still pretty lucky, 15 is around 7-8EX spent and they goes for around 24 EX atm.

Seems like it was the biggest dmg gain i could check on PoB (100k dmg more on guardians). The problem is, what i should do now to get even more dmg? Also sitting at around 8.2k ES, would wish to have more but dunno what nodes i could change for more ES ones. Would be gratefull for any tips, my profile is open.

Now at 1472 mana, and it feels that stuns happen to often. Should i somehow get more mana, will it get better then? How much i need.

"
So finally after vaaling around 15 of these got it
still pretty lucky, 15 is around 7-8EX spent and they goes for around 24 EX atm.

Seems like it was the biggest dmg gain i could check on PoB (100k dmg more on guardians). The problem is, what i should do now to get even more dmg? Also sitting at around 8.2k ES, would wish to have more but dunno what nodes i could change for more ES ones. Would be gratefull for any tips, my profile is open.

Now at 1472 mana, and it feels that stuns happen to often. Should i somehow get more mana, will it get better then? How much i need.

1472 mana is enough. you gotta change your micromanagement over your character it seems, thats all.
from now on what you can od is just leveling up and get more jewel sockets. to upgrade your gear, you can get better belt with 40+ wed on it and you can get boots enchantment. 16% APS or 10% pen are ideal.

you are on the limits of what leg reach can do. Your dps is overkill for any content in the game. Try to get used to the build and playstyle.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Yeah seems so, trying to facetank to many big skills, 1 stun and im usually dead then :P

Also chalice seems nice for flask charges but without quicsilver it feels bad to poistion.

I found one belt with 35~ WED that fits me, just waiting for a guy to log in.
"
Yeah seems so, trying to facetank to many big skills, 1 stun and im usually dead then :P

Also chalice seems nice for flask charges but without quicsilver it feels bad to poistion.

I found one belt with 35~ WED that fits me, just waiting for a guy to log in.

make sure it has reduced flask charges used.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
I may not word this question right. . .

If I get +30% increased physical damage with bows as a skill tree passive does that apply before or after the conversion to lightning (and other elements)
With that enchant

and heart of oak do you think i have 100% stun protection while mapping?
"
stred_ wrote:
With that enchant

and heart of oak do you think i have 100% stun protection while mapping?

100% avoidance is immunity, yes.
"
MaximumSquid wrote:

If I get +30% increased physical damage with bows as a skill tree passive does that apply before or after the conversion to lightning (and other elements)

with each increase% damage you enlarge your pool of physical damage, that damage pool gets converted after all your physical damage increase% modifications apply.
"
MaximumSquid wrote:

All conversions from physical to elemental damage take place first, but all converted damage is affected by both physical and elemental damage modifiers.

EDIT: this might not seem intuitive first, because one might think that the increases in physical damage would occur before any conversion. However, this would mean that increases to physical damage would be multiplicative with increases to elemental damage, whereas they are meant to be additive.

Here's an example:

Let's suppose that we deal 100 base physical damage that is 100% converted to fire damage. Let's also suppose that we have a 20% increase to physical damage and a 50% increase to fire damage. The proper way to calculate total damage is to convert all the damage to fire first, and then increase the damage by summing up all of the damage modifiers that apply to both physical and fire damage.

the final damage would thus be:

100 fire damage x (1 + 0.20 + 0.50) = 170 fire damage

However, if the physical damage increase were applied *before* conversion, we would get a different outcome:

First, the base 100 physical damage would be increased to 120 damage. Then 100% of that damage would be converted to fire damage, resulting in 120 fire damage after the conversion. Finally, that 120 fire damage would be increased by 50%, resulting in 120 x 1.5 = 180 fire damage.

The difference in the second calculation is that we ended up multiplying the physical and fire damage increases instead of adding them.

What perhaps might add to the confusion is that aside from converting physical damage to elemental damage, we can also gain elemental damage as a percentage of physical damage. This is accomplished through Hatred, Herald of Ash, Signal Fire, Taste of Hate, and Hysteria Rings. However, a useful rule of thumb is to keep the calculations of extra elemental damage gained as separate from converted damage, because they have no impact on each other. To calculate how much elemental damage is gained, we first scale all the physical damage through increases in physical damage from gear/passives (something we do not do when dealing with converted damage, but we do it here), and then apply the percent elemental damage gained to that total.
Last edited by DicemanX on May 7, 2017, 5:34:53 PM
"
DicemanX wrote:
"
MaximumSquid wrote:

All conversions from physical to elemental damage take place first, but all converted damage is affected by both physical and elemental damage modifiers.

EDIT: this might not seem intuitive first, because one might think that the increases in physical damage would occur before any conversion. However, this would mean that increases to physical damage would be multiplicative with increases to elemental damage, whereas they are meant to be additive.

Here's an example:

Let's suppose that we deal 100 base physical damage that is 100% converted to fire damage. Let's also suppose that we have a 20% increase to physical damage and a 50% increase to fire damage. The proper way to calculate total damage is to convert all the damage to fire first, and then increase the damage by summing up all of the damage modifiers that apply to both physical and fire damage.

the final damage would thus be:

100 fire damage x (1 + 0.20 + 0.50) = 170 fire damage

However, if the physical damage increase were applied *before* conversion, we would get a different outcome:

First, the base 100 physical damage would be increased to 120 damage. Then 100% of that damage would be converted to fire damage, resulting in 120 fire damage after the conversion. Finally, that 120 fire damage would be increased by 50%, resulting in 120 x 1.5 = 180 fire damage.

The difference in the second calculation is that we ended up multiplying the physical and fire damage increases instead of adding them.

What perhaps might add to the confusion is that aside from converting physical damage to elemental damage, we can also gain elemental damage as a percentage of physical damage. This is accomplished through Hatred, Herald of Ash, Signal Fire, Taste of Hate, and Hysteria Rings. However, a useful rule of thumb is to keep the calculations of extra elemental damage gained as separate from converted damage, because they have no impact on each other. To calculate how much elemental damage is gained, we first scale all the physical damage through increases in physical damage from gear/passives (something we do not do when dealing with converted damage, but we do it here), and then apply the percent elemental damage gained to that total.

oh yeah, i didnt know this, good read.

i was wondering why increased damage on rings are so bad for conversion builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info