Streamers gain benefits

"
Hunwulf wrote:
^ Ty for the upper 3 posts.

"Streamer gets advantages" is one of the repeating bs topics here i don't understand.
think about This for a moment

It's quite easy for GGG to spot who is streaming and just have a module to toggle on to "streamer RNG. Why they would do that?
Because streamers are a great part of POE advertisement, it sells way more the product to have godly RNG that improves the show of streamers, it's all about entertainment. It also allows them to reach better content which expose more of the game

Just look at all the videos that got topReddit, a lot of them are streamer RNG vids, that is insane exposure for GGG since it boost the weight of Poe on Reddit , YouTube and other medias

I wouldn't blame them, it's a pretty good way to cherry top their best source of advertisement
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Sep 25, 2016, 1:16:10 PM
And Armstrong never walked on the moon. What else is new?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Hunwulf wrote:

"Streamer gets advantages" is one of the repeating bs topics here i don't understand.

It's quite easy for GGG to spot who is streaming and just have a module to toggle on to "streamer RNG. Why they would do that?
Because streamers are a great part of POE advertisement, it sells way more the product to have godly RNG that improves the show of streamers, it's all about entertainment. It also allows them to reach better content which expose more of the game

Just look at all the videos that got topReddit, a lot of them are streamer RNG vids, that is insane exposure for GGG since it boost the weight of Poe on Reddit , YouTube and other medias

Maybe the fact that streamers play POE 16 hours a day every day has something to do with it, hmm? The more you play, the larger is your chance to luck out on RNG.

There is also the fact that streamers are always recording, so that video of the RNG, yeah, it's already recorded.

The rest of us doesn't record our play just to be sure to catch that lucky roll in realtime. I mean there is no video of me 6-linking Voltaxic Rift in 15 fuse, or The Harvest in 50, but it still happened.

The plan is simple: win! If you do not win, you did not follow the plan
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Hunwulf wrote:

And Roswell is full of Aliens, we never visited the moon and a handful jewish people where responsible for 911.

Well, i don't like that "i maybe can be (at least in my fantasy!), so it's true!" mechanic from conspiracy theorys at all.
I also spare me to quote the usual explanations for rng mechanics or typical human behaviour regarding deterministic thinking and other, cause I know you ignore it anyway.

Streamers are a big part for every online game nowadays and is a factor what simply "happens" if a game is popoular enough. Cause that people make a living from gaming.

And streamers playing a lot, often 24/7 at the start of leagues, and, surprise, they making videos. So, in a lot of playing, during tons of maked vids, we collecting a good number of "godly RNG moments" in a heavy RNG based game. And there'S again the point of RNG mechanics, deterministic thinking, human behaviour at all ... maybe you got it here.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

They could be doing this. I don't know why people think they are above it.

Gamer Gate the DNC plan to ruin Bernie Sanders. Gulf of Tonkin the Operation Northwoods documents. The tobacco industry suppressing information.
etc...etc...etc...

A gaming company making a module to influence item generation, is totally feasible.

Whether it happens or not is different.

Some of you actually believing this is fucking hilarious actually lmao so gullible.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Sep 25, 2016, 12:04:58 PM
You only see post/reactions when something like that happens, you don't see all the failed attempts.
I never 6linked an item below 1800 fusings, but hey there are streamers that never accidentially 6linked something either.
OK so i just tested it.

I just started my first ever stream.

I had about 200 people watching and played for 2hours doing yellow maps.

In that time i had 6 exalts drop, for the first time in my life i got red maps and now have a pool of 20 t13+ maps, dropped a cospris malice and 6 linked it in 14 fusings. Thought I'd test my luck because i was on a roll and continued to 6l my Kintsugi armour (43 fusings), cospris chest (73 fusings) and quill rain (134 fusings). I even dropped a legacy lightning coil and proceeded to 6l it in 3 fusings!!

Man this shit is real! If you can't beat them, join them!
"
brunowa wrote:
OK so i just tested it.

I just started my first ever stream.

I had about 200 people watching and played for 2hours doing yellow maps.

In that time i had 6 exalts drop, for the first time in my life i got red maps and now have a pool of 20 t13+ maps, dropped a cospris malice and 6 linked it in 14 fusings. Thought I'd test my luck because i was on a roll and continued to 6l my Kintsugi armour (43 fusings), cospris chest (73 fusings) and quill rain (134 fusings). I even dropped a legacy lightning coil and proceeded to 6l it in 3 fusings!!

Man this shit is real! If you can't beat them, join them!

Obviously you never streamed before if you thinking your getting even 200 viewers in PoE on your "First stream" ;V

Should make it more believable and went with like 5 viewers.

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Hunwulf wrote:

I wouldn't blame them, it's a pretty good way to cherry top their best source of advertisement

Obviously there's an extreme lack of understanding of programming that people think you can design a "magical module" to specifically target certain people playing live or accounts to dynamically adjust their local RNG.

Trust me someone would had found this by now with the myraids of people trying to hack/cheat in PoE or diving through the code.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 26, 2016, 1:36:55 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:55:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info