Streamers gain benefits

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I'm sorry that you don't understand how RNG and playing 2/3rds of your day works.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
Hunwulf wrote:
^ Ty for the upper 3 posts.

"Streamer gets advantages" is one of the repeating bs topics here i don't understand.

They kinda do, having it quite easier to sell items. Sometimes on the spot a few seconds after it drops.

But that's to be expected and most of them even admit it as a "perk" so it's kinda pointless. Especially early league it helps a lot building some currency for later on, but that's how life is.
It is incredibly stupid to think that the game is coded to give an advantage to streamers.

It boggles my mind that anyone could believe such nonsense.
Last edited by Qiox on Sep 24, 2016, 1:38:56 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
It happens when you play 10 hours a day every day.

THIS!
People underestimate the power of playing 10, 12, 14, 16, even some 20 hours a day. Some of these guys at the start of a league will play 30, 40+ hours Straight just to get into maps as soon as possible and make that first startup of currency to get everything going and to get funds to start really making currency and get everything for their builds. And its pretty key too.. Items you can sale the first week are vendor trash by the 2nd and 3rd weeks but will sell really well because it might be trash then but its upgrades for someone at that time. And others who are finding things like their first Exalts... Well they go to those streamers who are finding those first items as well as their first exalts because the harder you push and the faster you progress content and the more content you progress the more drops your gonna see including Exalts.

People also dont take into account when you play 14 hours a day that you are going to litteraly get 3-4 times as much done as someone whos only playing 4-5 hours a day. Streamers get paid to stream so naturally they will play the hours of a fulltime job with overtime. And the things you see like Raiz having a 6L +2 fire staff within the first 24 hours of the start of the league... Thats the results. He played hard and pushed hard and as a result he found things first before anyone else.. Everyoe kept asking how he did it.. He basically found a good build enabling unique and someone found and exalt and was needing that unique and the traded paired with one he found and someone else found the staff and crafted it with a yolo chaos most likely and raiz spent everything he got up to that point on that staff which was the most needed thing for his build. that's where playing combined with trading and game knowledge get you where you want to be ALOT faster than someone who's just playing for hell of it. Just playing to make a build.

You get what you put in. If you play 10-16 hours a day you'll see twice as much as you would playing 5-8 and if you play any less then dont expect to see in a week what these players see. What does it matter anyway? Its not like your getting paid for it.. They are however. They have people watching them expecting to see entertainment. Expecting to see them do the things they wish they could do. Thats just how it works. Time equals more in a game like this. Thats how it worked in D3 as well.. All the high end players and streamers who was always pushing on the GR leaderboards were always online and always streaming because they were always playing and as a result they were getting things done players who played a week still had not done. Within a day or two. Its incredible what you can get done if you dont stop and just keep going.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Sep 24, 2016, 1:57:00 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Wish they went back to teaching rational thought in schools.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Wish they went back to teaching rational thought in schools.

Peace,

-Boem-

I took a Logic and Critical Thinking 150 course a couple semesters back. You wouldn't believe the number of people out of a class of 65 that aced the class but forgot it all the moment you debated something with them that they did not want to agree with/accept on a personal level outside of the class.

'Merica! Fuck Yeah!
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
While streamers have many advantages in the game based on having a viewerbase who also play the game watch them play it, a RNG boost isnt one of them.
"
Apos91 wrote:
"
Hunwulf wrote:
^ Ty for the upper 3 posts.

"Streamer gets advantages" is one of the repeating bs topics here i don't understand.

They kinda do, having it quite easier to sell items. Sometimes on the spot a few seconds after it drops.

But that's to be expected and most of them even admit it as a "perk" so it's kinda pointless. Especially early league it helps a lot building some currency for later on, but that's how life is.

That's an advantage of exposure than the game magically giving them more "benefits"

If they are basically advertising to more people while playing,then obviously you advertising to nobody expect people looking on PoE xyz would have people give you less exposure.

The only "Streamers" that have this "perk" are a handful at best that play 10+ hours a day and have to entertain people as part of their "career".
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 24, 2016, 2:38:33 PM
You guys do realize that streamers have legions of mindless minions...er...I mean fans...who donate tons of items to them, right? If you honestly treat streamers as legitimate players you're nuts, these guys are playing completely differently than the rest of us.
This is a buff™

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info