[2.5 Video Guide] Assassin Blade Vortex End-Game Build & Uber Farmer! [HC/SC]

Hey guys, I've been reading through this thread as I've been playing this build for a bit now. It's my first time really playing PoE, and I just had a few questions.

1. I see a lot of people mentioning orb of storms with PCoC. What ability should I be taking out for this? Totem, I'm assuming, but I can't find it anywhere. I'll try this while I wait for someone to help with a response.

2. Why facebreakers? I've been using Shadows and Dust now for a bit. They seem worse in every way, no? Should I just be using defensive gloves?

3. What gems should I be using now with my BV? Should I be using PCoC? Is crit damage best or not? I'm currently using a 5link and have Spell Echo/Controlled Destruction/AoE. My 5th is currently crit damage.

Feels weird that I came to this thread with questions about flasks and came back with more questions about what the hell's going on.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Bunnychaser/characters is my character.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Last edited by Bunnychaser on Apr 2, 2017, 12:40:43 AM
Last edited by PWL on Apr 3, 2017, 3:08:33 PM
"
Bunnychaser wrote:
1. I see a lot of people mentioning orb of storms with PCoC. What ability should I be taking out for this? Totem, I'm assuming, but I can't find it anywhere. I'll try this while I wait for someone to help with a response.

One problem with this build is that it can be hard to generate power charges. Especially with bosses. From various tests done by other players here, Orb of Storms and PCoC so far is the best way.
What to remove? I removed the entire Vortex and Arctic Breath setup. I never felt it did much, your experience may be different though. Decoy Totem on the other hand has always been dead useful to me.

"
Bunnychaser wrote:
2. Why facebreakers? I've been using Shadows and Dust now for a bit. They seem worse in every way, no? Should I just be using defensive gloves?

I never used anything but an ES glove. Preferably with a spell damage or global critical strike chance on it too. So I can't say if Facebreaker or any other unique would be better or worse. Use whichever gloves you require more. ES or more damage.

"
Bunnychaser wrote:
3. What gems should I be using now with my BV? Should I be using PCoC? Is crit damage best or not? I'm currently using a 5link and have Spell Echo/Controlled Destruction/AoE. My 5th is currently crit damage.

No, using PCoC on the main gem setup wastes a gem you could use for damage. It's also kinda overkill concerning generating power charges. :)

Here's my setup (in order of importance):
Blade Vortex
Spell Echo
Controlled Destruction
Increased Critical Damage
Increased Area of Effect
Added Fire Damage

Replace Increased Area of Effect with Concentrated Effect for bosses.
Replace Increased Critical Damage with Physical to Lightning for physical reflect mod.
Replace Increased Critical Damage with Item Rarity for general mapping (if you know you have no problem running on the map level you are on).
Replace Added Fire Damage with Life Leech on hexproof or elemental reflect mod (on the latter also replace Hatred with Haste in the Essence Worm).

The tooltip with empower. Getting one last jewel with dmg/es later on and that's it.
Last edited by PWL on Apr 5, 2017, 5:29:58 AM
Hey guys !

I have a question about the build, i have some difficulties for some map.
What is wrong with my build ? Or i just need to level up ?

I see a screen with 300 000dps for Blade vortex, but me, i'm far far away from this dps.
(Sorry for my english, not my first language)

You can look my profile, not on private.

Thanks for the answers.
"
Hey guys !

I have a question about the build, i have some difficulties for some map.
What is wrong with my build ? Or i just need to level up ?

I see a screen with 300 000dps for Blade vortex, but me, i'm far far away from this dps.
(Sorry for my english, not my first language)

You can look my profile, not on private.

Thanks for the answers.

First of all you should get 5-6 link on your chest and swap that faster casting gem also cause it looks like you have a 3 link only. Also i'd recommend changing Facebreaker to Shadows and Dust since Facebreakers multiplier got nerfed and farming maps with Shadows is a way more fun, cause of rampage (those aren't expensive btw).

Also you can get high pool of damage from flasks. Atziri's promise is a good cheap option. Then Vinktar and Taste of Hate but those are more expensive and at the end I recommend Sin's Rebirth. And there's one more thing, you should find a way to shock enemies, bosses at least, cause it gives you 50% more damage (which you can't see on tooltip of course), it's a big difference. I used to use vinktar but it was taking 1 more flask slot for me cause of self shock so i decided to swap to vaal lightning trap. GL
Last edited by PWL on Apr 9, 2017, 8:29:21 AM
I have pretty much the exact setup as the person who made this guide and this build is solid. I'm lv 90 now and i still don't have the 4th ascendancy, on a 5link atm and missing the void battery + 1 lvl for gems (cos 20% vendor recipe) and i just finished clearing t13 fully (rare + corrupted) in Atlas and entering t14 rare/corrupted maps now. Fun to play, fun to look at, solid build.

EDIT: Well killed uber Izaro now (pretty easily) and also cleared tier 14 rare/corrupts from Atlas and the build is solid as a mofo.

EDIT: Well t15 rare/corrupted maps cleared + Atziri too, once again solid build.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on May 6, 2017, 3:31:06 PM
Is there a cheaper alternate to battery?
Try Divinarius

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info