[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

"
ConsPark wrote:
What are your thoughts on damage mods for jewels? You list pretty much every applicable damage mod, but is there a real standout in terms of effective gain? I've been focusing on damage over time and crit mult.

I'm also torn on what chest piece to move toward. My current chest is a decent 5L rare:

I wouldn't mind seeing this 6 linked or getting a similar one with 6L. QotF would likely uncap me on resistances and require a redo of jewelry (which I might need to do anyway), so I'd prefer to stick to something more resist heavy. I'm also not enamored with having huge movespeed.

That having been said I'm still having a great time with this build. Successfully downed Merci Malachai and Uber Izaro (deathless! go me) for the first time ever yesterday. I plan to attempt normal Atziri (also for the first time ever) soon.

Edit: Just sold my old 6L coil, so I've got enough ex to buy an unlinked(!) Reach. At this juncture I could either get the Reach or try to nab a 6L chest. Since I'm running double 5L I suspect an upgrade to 6L for Void Manipulation is going to be a bigger jump than Opus to Reach. Anyone have any advice on this?

If you go to page 45, he included a list of jewel mod tiers. Projectile Damage/Increased Damage is top tier because it affects ALL your damage. (I'd argue that Crit Multi is pretty close to top tier as well).

Damage over time only affects the poison damage, where proj/damage both affect the initial hit, and THEN the poison.

QotF is amazing. You may not be enamored with the movespeed now, but try using it first. I've been leveling an alt over the past week, and swapping back to the Shadow, he feels like he moves at quicksilver flask speed by default. QotF has amazing evasion, a respectable life roll, strong cold resistance, and decent lightning resistance. You can easily make up the resistances on your belt/rings, since this build has little reliance on many offensive mods in those slots.

If you can down Uber Izaro, normal Atziri will be a joke. Just don't shoot the mirror. I don't even dodge her flameblasts half the time because she can't one-shot me with them and I'm lazy.

As cmphx said, a 6L will be a bigger boost than reach. Void Manip and that juicy "more" modifier to chaos damage gives a really strong boost to Barrage. Pump that single-target damage.

"
Peernix wrote:
I have a question. Is Void Manipulation good for LA? It is okay if you don't have any elemental conversion, like Tornado Shot, cause you benefit only from the more damage only. But LA has some reduced damage as well from the gem (if I'm not mistaken). Isn't another game like crit multiplier would be better for LA? Or is it Void Manipulation still the best for the 6th LA?

Don't concern yourself too much with the tooltip DPS. While Void Manip might not give you as much paper-DPS as another gem, the "more" multiplier to the chaos damage (our main source of damage) is far more important than a little less damage (reduced elemental, so additive) to the lightning portion of LA. Trash is of so little importance that cmphx has repeatedly claimed you don't need a 6L at all for LA. So realistically, the 6th slot is whatever you want it to be. VM is great, crit multi would be great, a QoL gem would be great. Whatever feels best to you.
I'm still having mana problems and can't figure out why. He isn't fully geared but none of the gear missing has mana or mana regen. If anyone wants to look and see if I missed something on the tree or whatever char name is SeebyBow in stnd.
Censored.
what best to get first:

Drillneck +1

OR

Dying Sun ?
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I'm still having mana problems and can't figure out why. He isn't fully geared but none of the gear missing has mana or mana regen. If anyone wants to look and see if I missed something on the tree or whatever char name is SeebyBow in stnd.

The only thing I could think is that maybe your physical damage is low, but the nodes on the tree say the mana is leeched based on Attack Damage, not physical damage. No idea why you're running out of mana so fast.
"
kolyaboo wrote:

What does means "problems"?
I have zero problems with mana: one LA to pack (even to single monster!) Refills your mana pool.
Forget about mana regen - your main mana source is mana leech!

Damn, are u kiddin? Just looked at this character - maybe u posted this in the wrong forum? Caustic Arrow? Really? Windripper? Where is Drillneck? WTF man?

"
almazn2015 wrote:
what best to get first:

Drillneck +1

OR

Dying Sun ?

Dying sun is cheaper a bit:
4-5ex vs 7+
http://poe.trade/search/ozitasinaranik - drillnecks
http://poe.trade/search/arinahakootire - dying suns
But, I think, Drillneck will be better, coz it is always works.
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Last edited by SilverWF on Oct 25, 2016, 5:49:36 PM
For some reason I'm sitting at 88% accuracy with golem.. I currently have the same skill tree and +400 accuracy on gear. Did I miss something?

Did the OP change some node on the skilltree do get 92%?

Also, I killed corrupted minotaur today with this build (after failing a double monster radius and boss radius.. stone rain literally took all screen + enfeeble)..
5l on both barrage and LA/tornado, all gems 20/20 (and chaos 21/20).. it took literally 10 minutes of kiting with 11k barrage dps on hideout.. I have a video of it, painfully slow.

I think the +2 barrage on helm, +1 arrow on drillneck and sun flask would have helped a lot on dps.

"
almazn2015 wrote:
what best to get first:

Drillneck +1

OR

Dying Sun ?

Always Dying Sun. It's OP.
El Psy Congroo.
LOL I see your confusion.

"
Damn, are u kiddin? Just looked at this character - maybe u posted this in the wrong forum? Caustic Arrow? Really? Windripper? Where is Drillneck? WTF man?

This guy was a caustic arrow from Talis league, I'm leveling up LA and just doing dried lake and low maps while it levels along with some other gems. I have re-done his skill tree. I haven't linked my leg reach and I do have a addit arrow drillneck and he always did use the gloves. Be patient!

I meant look at his skill tree which should be right and tell me if I missed anything. Guess I could run clarity while he is transitioning.

I usually transition characters piecemeal, if possible. I know, I know. I am an eccentric!
Censored.
Hi there im going to try this build. The thing is that i have a cospris 6l and not a Queen of the forest, is it viable with cospris?
"
Fedega wrote:
Hi there im going to try this build. The thing is that i have a cospris 6l and not a Queen of the forest, is it viable with cospris?

All QotF does is movespeed, if you want to tank your movespeed and good evasion, then that's fine. The build will work, you'll just have less defense (in the form of movement to avoid damage, primarily). Cospri does open up a glove spot though, so that's nice.
El Psy Congroo.
Last edited by Patchumz on Oct 25, 2016, 9:43:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info