[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

What are your thoughts on damage mods for jewels? You list pretty much every applicable damage mod, but is there a real standout in terms of effective gain? I've been focusing on damage over time and crit mult.

I'm also torn on what chest piece to move toward. My current chest is a decent 5L rare:

I wouldn't mind seeing this 6 linked or getting a similar one with 6L. QotF would likely uncap me on resistances and require a redo of jewelry (which I might need to do anyway), so I'd prefer to stick to something more resist heavy. I'm also not enamored with having huge movespeed.

That having been said I'm still having a great time with this build. Successfully downed Merci Malachai and Uber Izaro (deathless! go me) for the first time ever yesterday. I plan to attempt normal Atziri (also for the first time ever) soon.

Edit: Just sold my old 6L coil, so I've got enough ex to buy an unlinked(!) Reach. At this juncture I could either get the Reach or try to nab a 6L chest. Since I'm running double 5L I suspect an upgrade to 6L for Void Manipulation is going to be a bigger jump than Opus to Reach. Anyone have any advice on this?
Last edited by ConsPark on Oct 25, 2016, 3:51:28 AM
I also think how big dmg boost I can get from "added chaos damage to attacks" from Ring/Amu. Lest say You have 10-19 chaos damage mod on Your ring. How much DPS it give?

I got 8 exalted to spend.

is 6 link really QoF necessary or I should focus on better boots/belt/jewelry?

My jewels are probably terrible as well.

What's my best upgrade here.

Thank you!
"
Takezaki wrote:

Thank you!

With that setup I'd focus on replacing the jewellery, especially the Sapphire. Fatter life rolls, more robust elemental rolls, and room for added chaos craft. Investing in some better boots first might free up enough resistance wiggle room to make getting good jewellery easier. With a 6L reach and +1 Drillneck you've probably got very good damage output, so right now stacking more life would be the priority to me.
"
Takezaki wrote:

Thank you!

dude, 6L ur barrage, not LA
any strategies for bosses that don't tunnel decoy totems ?

I got Haast in an Abyss with a bunch of damage mods. and even with 5900 HP he 3 shot me... I had a sapphire flask and a heat flask, but I kept getting dunk'd by his GMP volley?

any thoughts on a strategy?
"
dim.kiriyenko wrote:
60 pages of asking if death opus or glare (opus), what to buy next (dying sun) and can you use tornado shot (yes).

OP, your build is great, your guide is one of the best I've ever seen, competing with neversink's glorious general bowman guide and your patience in answering questions is just unbelievable.

You actually made me playing this league. Started 3 days ago, now clearing T4 at level 65 climbing the atlas. I've skipped CWDT and use PCoC with Frenzy, otherwise I'm too often not in max power charges. I've picked additional projectile speed in duelist losing 4% increased cause I just feel it's better. I'm also not peeking 4th frenzy charge.

Quicksilver of adrenaline, Jade of reflexes and Witchfire brew make mapping soooo fast, however, dying sun once I earn it will force me to swap adrenaline for heating.

Thank you, you did a great contribution to the community.

haha well thx for your appreciation :) I do grow tired of answering the same questions over and over though, and I am very thankful for the guys here that help with that.

"
Sztefen1 wrote:
Grats, great build:) Thx for sharing, I appreciate your effort. Want to take a shot on it ;)

For general discussion:
I have only some doubts about your Poison calculations calculations (1st thread). I get the feeling that you "multi-multiplied" overall Poison Damage. You wrote:

So the problem is: 3251 total damage is not base damage, it is also taken after mupliplications. 103.7% is also after multiplications, so multiplications are doubled. Maybe I am wrong, but intuitively something seems to be wrong here. Base shouldn't be 205+285=490? Don't want to get too deep in particular calculations, the point is only this "multi-multiplication".

Hi im not sure what you want to say. my calculations are correct, its called "double dipping"

"
Vorpalbladee wrote:
Can i use tornado shot instead of la ? If yes what links

yes you can, same links

"
ConsPark wrote:
What are your thoughts on damage mods for jewels? You list pretty much every applicable damage mod, but is there a real standout in terms of effective gain? I've been focusing on damage over time and crit mult.

I'm also torn on what chest piece to move toward. My current chest is a decent 5L rare:

I wouldn't mind seeing this 6 linked or getting a similar one with 6L. QotF would likely uncap me on resistances and require a redo of jewelry (which I might need to do anyway), so I'd prefer to stick to something more resist heavy. I'm also not enamored with having huge movespeed.

That having been said I'm still having a great time with this build. Successfully downed Merci Malachai and Uber Izaro (deathless! go me) for the first time ever yesterday. I plan to attempt normal Atziri (also for the first time ever) soon.

Edit: Just sold my old 6L coil, so I've got enough ex to buy an unlinked(!) Reach. At this juncture I could either get the Reach or try to nab a 6L chest. Since I'm running double 5L I suspect an upgrade to 6L for Void Manipulation is going to be a bigger jump than Opus to Reach. Anyone have any advice on this?

the upgrade 5L->6L is definetely doing more than opus->reach

i highly recommend using a queen of the forest. you can get resist on boots, jewels, rings, amulet, belt. use a queen of the forest! it has lots of resist too on a high roll

"
zaboleqqq wrote:
I also think how big dmg boost I can get from "added chaos damage to attacks" from Ring/Amu. Lest say You have 10-19 chaos damage mod on Your ring. How much DPS it give?

it should add about 3-5% more tooltip iirc

"
lobsterzilla wrote:
any strategies for bosses that don't tunnel decoy totems ?

I got Haast in an Abyss with a bunch of damage mods. and even with 5900 HP he 3 shot me... I had a sapphire flask and a heat flask, but I kept getting dunk'd by his GMP volley?

any thoughts on a strategy?

keep moving, run a way and wait for a chance to strike. dont get hit
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
fair enough :)
I have a question. Is Void Manipulation good for LA? It is okay if you don't have any elemental conversion, like Tornado Shot, cause you benefit only from the more damage only. But LA has some reduced damage as well from the gem (if I'm not mistaken). Isn't another game like crit multiplier would be better for LA? Or is it Void Manipulation still the best for the 6th LA?
Wohooo, today I've got my 6l reach!

Bought it with 1 socket for 160c, ~100 jews for 6-sockets and ~100 fuses for 6-links
Now it need to spend some divines, to make rolls better, but even now this bow has ~8ex cost :D

"
Peernix wrote:
I have a question. Is Void Manipulation good for LA? It is okay if you don't have any elemental conversion, like Tornado Shot, cause you benefit only from the more damage only. But LA has some reduced damage as well from the gem (if I'm not mistaken). Isn't another game like crit multiplier would be better for LA? Or is it Void Manipulation still the best for the 6th LA?

But u have Added Chaos there.
And "reduced / increased" mods are still lower than "less / more"
But I agree, there is no big reasons to have VoidMan in the LA gems chain. You can also use WED or AddedFire or whatever else. Packs are blasting in 1 shot anyway)))
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Last edited by SilverWF on Oct 25, 2016, 12:52:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info