[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

I leveled to 70 following this build with a deaths harp and have enjoyed it quite a bit. Thank you.

Today i was given a Voltaxic by a guildy to replace my Harp. Both are 4l. Voltaxic drops my projectiles from 5 to 3 but my dps is quite a bit higher. That being said, with my current voltaxic, would it still make sense to get a cheap lioneyes glare to hold me over until i get my hands on a opus?
...brings back fond D2 LoD memories...
Beat Minotaur deathless first try last night with a fairly easy corrupted mod set. Felt like fight went on forever though. I probably should invest in Vaal lightning trap and and the wither totem setup for boss fights to not take so long. Keep in mind I did this with my only quality gem a lightning arrow one (so in essence none). No chaos damage on any rings or ammy either. A lot of room for damage to grow.

I will say this. The extreme mobility makes this build really hard to kill if you know the fights. I basically never had to get hit the whole fight.
Last edited by Seefourdc on Dec 10, 2016, 12:26:38 AM
"
Rossko wrote:
Thx for answering my many Questions :D

But i compared your "new" tree to the old one and cant find what changed except missing out some notes on the new tree but cant find where you use the points on the new one :/.
And some of them are int notes.... is it just cause you got more int on your equip now?

Then again why dont you take the 12 life + evasion rating at ranger start? I feel like its better then 5%hp.

yeah its cause i get more int at my equip. so the top right of the tree looks a bit different atm. I am not sure if that ranger start node will be better i will try !

"
sirHugo wrote:
Playing this build and its fun so far.
Spoiler

I've got this core gear so far and im currently looking to buy/craft some jewelry.

But there is one thing im wondering. Im currently sitting at about 19500 Evasion which is about 19% MS from Queen of the Forest. I think dropping it for a Kintsugi and replacing grace aura with haste would be better (at least for my playstyle).
I'd lose about 9% chance to evade and 10% MS as a lvl 20 Haste would give me 9% MS.
On the other side i would have the nice Kintsugi passive to prevent oneshots and more IAS.

What are you guys thinking?

i dont think using haste is all that good, you loose too much evasion with that - grace is "responsible" for most if it anyways. keep using grace and kintsugi and just sacrifice that movespeed then.

"
ride1226 wrote:
I leveled to 70 following this build with a deaths harp and have enjoyed it quite a bit. Thank you.

Today i was given a Voltaxic by a guildy to replace my Harp. Both are 4l. Voltaxic drops my projectiles from 5 to 3 but my dps is quite a bit higher. That being said, with my current voltaxic, would it still make sense to get a cheap lioneyes glare to hold me over until i get my hands on a opus?

i dont really know tbh, glare and rift are kinda equal. but since lioneyes glare costs like 1chaos it will be no pain to try it out

"
Seefourdc wrote:
Beat Minotaur deathless first try last night with a fairly easy corrupted mod set. Felt like fight went on forever though. I probably should invest in Vaal lightning trap and and the wither totem setup for boss fights to not take so long. Keep in mind I did this with my only quality gem a lightning arrow one (so in essence none). No chaos damage on any rings or ammy either. A lot of room for damage to grow.

I will say this. The extreme mobility makes this build really hard to kill if you know the fights. I basically never had to get hit the whole fight.

congrats! you learned to play with this build very well :)

short update:
breach lords killed so far: all except chayula
minotaur killed
T15 maps on farm mode

with the gear that is currently posted in my progression thread, that is 5L opus, 5Lqueen and decent other stuff. i already feel confident enough with it to try shaper aswell, but i dont have sets.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on Dec 10, 2016, 1:49:03 AM
Do you think it's worth crafting the chaos damage on rings with just life, res and accuracy? I got these earlier:

and I'm wondering whether dropping the 13c on the chaos mod is worth it (prefix is open for crafting on both). Basically asking whether you would drop a chaos enchant on them if they were yours :D

Same question for this amulet:

I believe life, accuracy, crit multi is pretty much best case scenario and this is worth crafting the chaos on, right? Anything better is in the many-exalts price range.

From what I understand, spam buying Envy's is not something you'd do until Reach, enchantments, corrupts and flasks are sorted, right? So not anytime soon. I just have no idea how big of an impact the added chaos crafts would have.

Overall really enjoying the build btw. I've always had this mindset about PoE - "as long as you are moving, you can't die" - and this build uses that as its main defense mechanic. Pretty dope. I also enjoy how the combat mechanic is fairly complex as well, as I had to bind literally every key available on the bar for the first time ever lol. Knowledge of the fights and when you can attack is really important to not feel shit about yourself though, I'd say this build is 'very hard' difficulty wise.

Btw figured a cool lifehack earlier: you can bind Summon Ice Golem to left click, and the key functions purely as a movement key unless you press hold ground (shift). If you're like me and use LMB as movement and QWER for the shots without holding shift, this becomes an easy peasy Ice Golem/Aura key that you don't have to use an actual bar slot for. Saves you the need of rebinding an actual key every time you want to resummon Golem, which is tedious and annoying (and you literally don't have the keybind slots to have a dedicated aura key).
Last edited by M4RED on Dec 10, 2016, 3:34:28 AM
Is GMP needed if I have a deaths opus? I dont have a +1 drillneck.
Thank you for that great build.
What would you say is the best to make the build a bit tankier in hc?
Belly, Lighning Coil or Chaoms?

Or are there other options?
"
bitbite11 wrote:

Has been answered before a few times, but: use LMP with Opus!
"
Thaya wrote:
"
bitbite11 wrote:

Has been answered before a few times, but: use LMP with Opus!

Not sure if its worth it.
I am running just opus without gmp or lmp and it works out fine.

You could ofc use LMP but probably depends on your preferences.
I feel like 3 arrows are fine for aoe clear ....Otherwise dmg goes down and clear speed stay the same or gets even lower.

Ps. OP doesnt use lmp or gmp too as i just checked in the progression thread.:)
I seriously dont understand why literally no one is using this

Combine it with Reach of the Council (and Snakebites) and you are basicaly playing with a 9Link Build. The chest isnt even that expensive. I would gladly say no to the 20% movement speed from the helmet and get my resists there to use the Chest with lvl 15 pierce. Im playing Raider anways and have more than enaugh movement speed. But even with Assassin you could throw devotos devotion away for this chest since it also helps a lot with mana sustain.

My Current Gear in Breach League:

DPS and Stats with all Buffs up. No Reach of the Council and only a 5 Link with GMP in the setup. Once i get my 6Link and Reach i expect my Tooltip to go up to like 80k+ atleast.

Last edited by Raikudou on Dec 10, 2016, 9:42:50 AM
Thoughts on the new blue dream jewel? It should make having max power charges during mapping very easy even if you have capped crit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info