2.6 CI Ignite Flameblast by Waldgaist - very good starting Build and decent Shaper farmer

"
Epps wrote:
Hey, I have a couple of questions:

1) What's your opinion on running the blood dance + taking a frenzy charge from the bandits? 2% ES regen, 16% more damage and 4% cast speed in exchange for ES on boots, a skill point, and having to get resists elsewhere.

2) Liege of the Primordial seems better than Mastermind of Discord. The 25% fire pen is probably somewhere around 10% more damage (because of all of the other fire res reductions/penetration), while Liege gives you +60% double dipping damage and 18% cast speed. What's your reasoning behind picking Mastermind of Discord?

3) Do you use orb of storms for all packs, or just for rares/bosses? Without it, EE has a negative effect on your ignite, right? But maybe that's not that important because damage is high enough anyways?

4) Is the flammability on blasphemy instead of CoH orb of storms just for faster clearing?

1. Since this is a CI build which does not lack any damage i would prioritize ES Boots over Frenzy Charges. Losing 1 skill point is a huge loss in my mind. And getting resists elsewhere does make CI gear unnecessary expensive.

2. 25% Fire pen can be way more then 10% more dmg. It soley depends on the enemy resistance. Also the 25% pen does count for your ignite which makes it way stronger than 80% increased fire damage and a bit of cast speed. I personly think my cast speed is high enough. And you do not have any trouble running double ele dmg chain maps this way.

3. As i already stated i am only using Orb of Storms for tough rares or bosses. And with tough rares i mean 2+ essence rares.

4. I am just running Flammability on Blasphemy because it is convenient for me. I don't really need Arctic Armour therefore i am using Blaspehmy. Also i have been doing some uber runs lately.
"
hellraiser18 wrote:
an amazing build indeed.tried it myself and I am greatly satisfied so far yet there is something that makes me curious as I feel your strength doesn't add up right with your equipment and jewels(138stre) while I am forced to use Practical Application and a 30stre passive with the difference of using Atziri's foible adding up to a total of 114stre. Is there something I am missing or did u change the gear you posted?

my current passive tree

current gear
Spoiler

I don't wanna invest into STR on my Equipment which is why i am having almost no STR. Currently using 2 30STR nodes.
Get these if you would be able to get better rings for resists

Will fix your strength as well as bleed immunity will free you 2 flasks to use better ones.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
waldgaist wrote:
Hey, I have a couple of questions:
1. Since this is a CI build which does not lack any damage i would prioritize ES Boots over Frenzy Charges. Losing 1 skill point is a huge loss in my mind. And getting resists elsewhere does make CI gear unnecessary expensive.

2. 25% Fire pen can be way more then 10% more dmg. It soley depends on the enemy resistance. Also the 25% pen does count for your ignite which makes it way stronger than 80% increased fire damage and a bit of cast speed. I personly think my cast speed is high enough. And you do not have any trouble running double ele dmg chain maps this way.

3. As i already stated i am only using Orb of Storms for tough rares or bosses. And with tough rares i mean 2+ essence rares.

4. I am just running Flammability on Blasphemy because it is convenient for me. I don't really need Arctic Armour therefore i am using Blaspehmy. Also i have been doing some uber runs lately.

I gave up on the blood dance boots, partly because of what you said, and partly because of the dex requirements, which would put even more gear strain on the rest of my pieces.

I was wondering about the fire pen because after checking poedb a bit, it seems most bosses have fairly low resistances. I guess +fire res maps would make the pen a lot better though.

The golems do indeed make chain maps a lot more annoying, and once again, dex requirement of the lightning golem is annoying.

I'll try to fit blasphemy in once my mana pool gets a bit higher, for now clarity takes up too much of my mana pool. Having blasphemy makes not using Orb of Storms for general packs a lot better as well.

Great build! Thanks for your answers :)
Last edited by Epps on Sep 26, 2016, 5:30:54 AM
Glad i could help :)
If there is anything else you wanna ask lemme know :D
I got myself a crystal belt with 50 strength, and took the retribution notable, which puts me at 114 strength without any of the +30 strength nodes.

I'm also going to change the pathing to not take the 10% spell damage at the Light of Divinity notable and take the int node to the left of it, so I can take the 15% ES and 8% allres that's connected to that node for 2 skill points.

Ah, and one more thing: what's your opinion on helmet enchants? I thought the 40% flameblast damage looked kind of mediocre, so I went for 30% flammability curse effectiveness. The radius seems nice as well though.

Does the 12% flameblast radius increase the base radius of flameblast, or is it just additive to the radius percentages gotten from the tree and the incAoE gem?
Last edited by Epps on Sep 27, 2016, 5:32:09 PM
I dont have much experience about CI builds and energy shield builds in general. But looking at the tree can you care to explain why did you prefer "Mana and Mana regeneration" nodes at the start of witch, instead of energy shield? Is mana really that problem am i missing something?

Thanks in advance!
IGN: LadyAlistra
"
Oxygenjunkie wrote:
I dont have much experience about CI builds and energy shield builds in general. But looking at the tree can you care to explain why did you prefer "Mana and Mana regeneration" nodes at the start of witch, instead of energy shield? Is mana really that problem am i missing something?

Thanks in advance!

Check the passive tree again ;) He didn't go for the Mana and Mana Reg Nodes at the beginning. He went for the Energy Shield Nodes =)
Ok now, i just checked his character here thats why i thought the guide was also using it:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/waldgaist/characters
IGN: LadyAlistra
"
Oxygenjunkie wrote:
Ok now, i just checked his character here thats why i thought the guide was also using it:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/waldgaist/characters

I personly just prefer to not use my Mana Flask when im doing Low Regen Maps. That is why i took the mana regen nodes. Also i currently have 12k ES so it is not that big of a deal to not take those nodes :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info