DreamFeather Spectral Throw - Clearing the game on a budget. Shaper/Uber Atziri Included.

"
Mekadrill wrote:
Hi,

nice guide again Mathil,

one question, dont know if asked already but why piecer and not faster projectiles ?

the more multi on faster projectiles is nearly double as high as pierce more multi ?

faster projectiles is increased damage, while pierce is more damage. totally different. pierce is better.

im going to be making a raider version of this build and will have 9 or maybe 10 frenzy charges, since i'll be playing on standard. the amount of attack speed i'll get from using raider, i probably won't even use faster attacks as a link. i still could, but depending on mana issues it probably won't be worth it.

im also going to use cospri's will instead of QoTF, for the poison, curse, and because i already have it available. i'll still be able to cap resistances elsewhere fine.

the biggest difference is i probably won't be using VoV flask, but using the flask that gives me onslaught since raider ascendancy will give me a big boost to stats with onslaught up 100% of the time.
i'll also be using poacher's mark as a curse instead of anything else in order to generate frenzy charges, sustain on hit, and most importantly flask charges since i won't be a pathfinder.

essentially as raider and 9 frenzy i'll be getting a boost of:
48% movement speed
113% attack speed
67% attack damage
60% evasion rating
36% more damage (double dips with poison)

my links will most likely be
1)spectral throw
2)gmp/faster projectiles (swap on single target)
3)slower proj/faster attacks (depends which)
4)added chaos damage
5)void manip
6)pierce

once i get things up and running i'll post some stats and stuff
Last edited by xMustard on Oct 14, 2016, 9:14:59 PM
I want to share with you my experience with this build.
I have made a 6 link in a lucky way with a QOTF, so I decided to try it this build. I found myself quite well now, excellent ability to survive even in quite difficult maps, and mostly fun.
Now I'm starting to raid some t14 maps and feel that i have poor damage. I'm at 9.2k in hideout for the moment.
I do not know where to invest to improve. I would understand if I got to a point where there is need of a great economic effort to see results, or you can still improve something with good value for money.

unbuffed stats
5.3k life
9.2k dmg
24k evasion

Spoiler

thanks for your reply ;)
Im currently doing a similar build with as a crit version, but im not sure how to value crit multi against double dipping modifiers such as generic/projectile damage. Any idea how much crit multi is even to 10% proj dmg?
"
karag0r wrote:
I have made a 6 link in a lucky way with a QOTF, so I decided to try it this build. I found myself quite well now, excellent ability to survive even in quite difficult maps, and mostly fun.
Now I'm starting to raid some t14 maps and feel that i have poor damage. I'm at 9.2k in hideout for the moment.
I do not know where to invest to improve. I would understand if I got to a point where there is need of a great economic effort to see results, or you can still improve something with good value for money.

unbuffed stats
5.3k life
9.2k dmg
24k evasion

Spoiler

thanks for your reply ;)

I have been threw this step, next suggestion is to corrupt stuff, such as having a corrup amulet +1 curse, both the dreamfeathers for added chaos/culling strike
Corrupting atziri steps for +1 frenzy

as for gems, nice 20/20s but you can get 21/20s get those.
im currently at 5k life 11,700dps and 28350 evasion

Good luck to you sir !
"
theyknow wrote:
"
karag0r wrote:

unbuffed stats
5.3k life
9.2k dmg
24k evasion

Spoiler

thanks for your reply ;)

I have been threw this step, next suggestion is to corrupt stuff, such as having a corrup amulet +1 curse, both the dreamfeathers for added chaos/culling strike
Corrupting atziri steps for +1 frenzy, getting 40% ST dmg on helmet enchantment

Good luck to you sir !
"
theyknow wrote:
"
theyknow wrote:
"
karag0r wrote:

unbuffed stats
5.3k life
9.2k dmg
24k evasion

Spoiler

thanks for your reply ;)

Corrupting atziri steps for +1 frenzy, getting 40% ST dmg on helmet enchantment
Changing rings for steel rings

Good luck to you sir !
"
karag0r wrote:

unbuffed stats
5.3k life
9.2k dmg
24k evasion

Spoiler

thanks for your reply ;)

Belt - Flask mods
Helmet - Implicit reroll
Added Chaos Damage - 20/20
Other gems - 20/20->21/20
Corrupt DF/Atziri's Step/good ammys
Rolling/buying super good jewels with 3/4 mods you need

If you get a good ammy with +1 curse you can drop Doedre's for a great Steel Ring or 2 probably.

There's still ways they'll just cost a lot is all.
I'm not really sure why, but my tooltip is only half of Mathil's in town. I know that I am missing a couple damage nodes, but I can't see them doubling my tooltip. My tooltip in town with no buffs other than Grace is 4637, and I have more base evasion than mathil. I know a 21 added chaos is important, but it's only about 15% more damage, and a pierce gem is another 15% more. I can't imagine that getting my tooltip to 10.2k, and neither would added chaos on my ring and ammy. Is there something I'm missing here? Character is SammyDream.
Is there a more budget friendly alternative to Dreamfeather? Cheapest ones on standard are all corrupted and 20+ chaos, thanks to a certain seller who will not be named.
dreamfeather has certainly jumped in price, and actually i was very surprised to realize i have never found one in the 4 years i've played this game.

since the build is basically fully based around dreamfeather...it really is its best option unless you just want to run a normal buzzsaw build based off elemental damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info