DreamFeather Spectral Throw - Clearing the game on a budget. Shaper/Uber Atziri Included.

"
xMustard wrote:
spectral throw is quite fun once you get used to it. i really like to whirling blades through a pack, and fire the projectiles backwards. once they're close to dead i whirling blades through to the next pack and repeat the process. by then my projectiles are returning to me and damaging the 2nd pack without even attacking yet.

its quite fun to juggle your projectiles like that for max efficient DPS. i really like it anyway. with the amount of attack speed and movement speed you can end up with this build, its a pretty fast clear

As far as I have tried, killing mobs using spectral throw is really simple and easy once you get GMP, but my problem was with bosses, it seems sluggish and not optimal(at least early game), maybe that is why some people use other attacks for single target on spectral throw build (e.g. spectral throw + double strike).

Another reason for trying lacerate is that I get to use Vulnerability which will increase my poison damage. I don't know if it will work, but not knowing is a plus for me too >.<
"
soneka101 wrote:
As far as I have tried, killing mobs using spectral throw is really simple and easy once you get GMP, but my problem was with bosses, it seems sluggish and not optimal(at least early game), maybe that is why some people use other attacks for single target on spectral throw build (e.g. spectral throw + double strike).

Another reason for trying lacerate is that I get to use Vulnerability which will increase my poison damage. I don't know if it will work, but not knowing is a plus for me too >.<

with bosses mathil says you just swap GMP to another support, like slower projectiles. i use slower projectiles on my swap but i really really dislike the less projectile speed, since the attack basically doesn't go further than melee range at that point.

you can also use vulnerability if you have 2 curse setup if you also have the witchfire brew flask. thats where vulnerability comes from with this build. i don't have it yet for myself with my raider setup, but i clear absolutely fine, including bosses. am really looking forward to getting that flask.

i love lacerate as a skill but i just think theres probably other better builds for it than this setup. i dunno, haven't tried. good luck in your execution
"
xMustard wrote:
"
soneka101 wrote:

with bosses mathil says you just swap GMP to another support, like slower projectiles. i use slower projectiles on my swap but i really really dislike the less projectile speed, since the attack basically doesn't go further than melee range at that point.

you can also use vulnerability if you have 2 curse setup if you also have the witchfire brew flask. thats where vulnerability comes from with this build. i don't have it yet for myself with my raider setup, but i clear absolutely fine, including bosses. am really looking forward to getting that flask.

i love lacerate as a skill but i just think theres probably other better builds for it than this setup. i dunno, haven't tried. good luck in your execution

Slower projectile is bomb, fastest way to kill boss you can get, the blades stall in the boss, hitting him multiple times. There is no alternative to removing GMP for slower projectile.
"
xMustard wrote:
"
soneka101 wrote:

Slower Projs damage for bosses is hard to beat, once you get point blank it just becomes untouchable it seems as the boss swap.
ya i know it is the best, but i just really dislike how short the range is, as well as how it interacts. like if you try to attack with your cursor just out of range (but in the intended direction) your character will walk before attacking, which i absolutely HATE.

i agree its the best, and it does make the single target deeps on this build pretty damn decent. and with my setup thats even without witchfire flask or point blank. im not sure i want to get point blank though honestly, since it'll make everything else suck
Just Press Shift to stay in place with slower projectiles.
wouldnt an essence of hysteria weapon be good for this build?
also a question, chaos damage with this doesnt shotgun correct? so the difference between LMP and GMP is mostly area covered with lmp having more dam and less area ?
have finally gotten used to the lab... I dont hate it anymore.:)
Last edited by Xirgu on Oct 24, 2016, 7:26:38 AM

WTS ALL ITEM FOR THIS BUILD
Not fun anymore or why selling?

I gave it a try and actually at lvl 76 with a 6 link almost perfect Queen the build feels pretty solid. The only thing annoying is the sound of the fast tackering spectral throw :O
i usually bounce around builds all the time, as its the only thing that keeps me interested in this game, but i think i'll be keeping this build round for awhile. its solid. really solid. i love my setup as a raider version and i want to at least be able to save up for the witchbrew flask so i can really see what this thing can do.

since the single target is pretty solid as well (my single target dps without witchbrew is sitting at a current 39,000) i want to try the big league bosses with this build before i cough it up. that'll take awhile as im very casual.

right now though im leveling up another character for a non burning version of an explosive arrow build, but i like having this build as a plug and play for dailies/maps whatever i want until my new character lvls

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info