[2.4] JSs Witch ES CI Prolif Fireball. One Shot Bosses (6 Million Damage Burn, 1600k+ BDPS)

Thanks a lot Vertigo215. I think rolling flames are a personal preference. The increased aoe from rolling flames doe not work with proliferation. This means that only the AOE the fireball projectile puts off will have that increased AOE. What I would do is to try two and see what you like with the build. They are cheap to buy and although im using one, you might like having two for clear speed

In response to Гаруспик, I have since switched from a life based character to ES and have switched up my gear a bit (I have relinked my gear on the front page). I am now using a doryanis catalyst with high elemental damage. Without low life, CI is a slight dps decrease (1-1.5k fireball damage, 2-4k DPS) but you gain a lot more defenses as CI. With mediocre gear im at 7.2k ES which is 2k more effective HP than life. Although life is better for damage, it is in an awful spot at the moment. A lot of people have been complaining about one shotting and I had a similar issue. Even though we shouldnt use a staff as ES, a +2.+1 staff will be worse than a searing touch because most of them would have spell damage which does not double dip unlike fire damage on a touch.(touch also has burn damage)

For a 6 link I would use (some switch out for bosses/trash) : Fireball,Inc burn or level 4 empower when you get one, Slower/Fast projectiles, Conc/Inc AOE, Controlled Destruction, Increased Critical Multiplier

You want to pick up Paragon of Calamity last for ele reflect. I didnt have an issue with reflect until I hit top tier maps with a lot of damage.

Rush to Beacon of Ruin --> Pendelum of Destruction --> Paragon of Calamity

Hey Reuel21, thanks for the interest in the build. Damage over time does stack but in some cases it isnt worth it. It all because of how the calculations are done. Unlike poison, burn damage relies on a single hit and does not stack. To compensate for the lack of stacking, GGG has made burn damage nodes a lot stronger than DoT nodes. For instance, holy fire in the top left which provides double the increase to that of G&D. The only reason I pick up those burn nodes is because 70% increased fire damage is a fair amount of BDPS for 3 points. To explain this further, check out the example calculations below.

100 fire damage fireball

G&D = 48% total inc burn damage with 4 points

We can pick up either firewalker or holy fire for less points.
Firewalker+Elemental Node near witch : 26% fire damage
Holy fire : 70% increased

G&D Increased Burn Damage : 100 * .8 = 80 * 1.48 = 118.4 - 80 = 38.4 Increased Burn Damage
Firewalker Increased Fire Damage : (100 * 1.26) * .8 = 100.8 * 1.29 = 130 - 80 = 50 Increased Burn Damage
Holy Fire Increased Burn Damage : 100 * .8 = 80 * 1.7 = 136 - 80 = 56 Increased Burn Damage

In total :
G&D Provides : 38.4 Increased Burn Damage
Firewalker Provides : 50 Increased Burn Damage
Holy Fire Provides : 56 Increased Burn Damage

As you can see, only spending 2 points on increased fire damage will give you an equivalent amount of damage to both holy fire or G&D. In my opinion, this is why G&D isnt worth picking up. Holy fire with is increased burn damage is on the cusp of being worthwhile to pick up. I think holy fire will be some of the last nodes I pick up on my tree because burn has proven to be worse than fire damage with regard to the passive skill tree. (IBD gem scales in a similar way, it provides only 40 extra BDPS than controlled destruction)
IGN : @MyBurningBallz
Last edited by Ineedajob2 on Sep 21, 2016, 6:14:54 PM
Thanks, that's all great information and I appreciate you going through the math too, as it's beyond what I understood about game mechanics.

Seriously gonna play around with this build.
Ineedajob2, mate! Thank you very much for such detailed explanation! I'm now even more thrilled to play this build!

Very last question:

Are the Rainbowsride boots crucial? I mean - it's nice to have a spell block, but can these boots be replaced by good rares with +30% movement speed?
Last edited by Гаруспик on Sep 21, 2016, 8:41:07 AM
No problem.I love striders because they are so cheap and affordable. If I had more currency to spend I would pick up rare ES boots with MS like you said.
Last edited by Ineedajob2 on Sep 21, 2016, 6:18:24 PM
How long do you reckon it'll be until the guide's updated for ES? Is your current skill tree a good direction to aim for?
Creator of Filtration, a Path of Exile Item Filter Editor
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1287447
I have updated the guide with everything I have so far. I have since gained a level and am in a good spot for ES (7.8k). I feel very confident going into the highest tier maps and it is a lot better than life. The ES tree on the front page is up to date for CI and is the tree im using. I am trying to find better recording software to put up a few videos.
Updated the guide further. More details have been added for ES.
Last edited by Ineedajob2 on Sep 21, 2016, 9:18:58 PM
Hey dude, thanks for the build. I was about to quit after a lag spike death but then i saw your 1 shot videos and i said "i have to try this!"

Have one question, would we still help Oak in normal if we are going full ES?
Thanks for the interest in the build and yea, as a CI character we will want to drop the life from oak. Thanks for pointing that out, I forgot to update it within the build.
Hello again dude! Going fast and easy with the build, now lvl 45.

I have another question.

How should we go about leveling the skill tree? Im in a position where i could go up to CI, down to Elemental Equilibrium or right to the Shadow part of the tree and i dont know what is the best for a mid level character like mine.

Would be awesome if there were some explanation in that department.

As always great job!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info