GGG needs to change their view of the endgame and stop the nerf madness

The main problem with GGG is everyone they nerf for "build diversity" it just removes it from being good, while a good chunk of skills being useless and whatever new shit they push out is OP.

What they need to do is make a metric of how good skills should be.

Then buff/nerf/change items weekly/biweekly to meet that goal instead of ONE big each at the end of every season.
indeed
Faster Answer on email: yannmartins@ymail.com
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
My entire previous guild of people that have played since the beginning has basically quit after the last round of the nerf hammer. People are sick of it its true and so am I. I really am just 1 nerf away from abandoning this shit, especially with Lineage Eternal, Lost Ark, and other ARPG's on the horizon.

I just looked at a Lost Ark video and if this plays as beautifully as it looks and has enough depth to be long lasting then I may finally back burner PoE and give it a go. The mood of GGG and the nerf shit and endless map grind is taking it's toll on me too. It may be time to look for a better online rpg to enjoy playing.

Are then any other rpgs or mmorpgs worth a look-see?

Ugh...Korean MMOs...All spectacle and no substance. If you're looking for depth, don't look to Korea.

Personally, I've been looking at Albion Online. No idea if I'll ever give it a shot because it's buy-to-play and I don't trust new games from unknown developers games without first seeing a long list of reviews. But it does seem interesting, maybe a bit heavy on the gathering-and-crafting side of things but I do like their progression system. You basically level your passive skill tree by doing things in that category, IE use a sword a lot and you'll rank up sword proficiency.
This is a buff™
Nah
Hail build Diversity,
Death to the speed clear meta.
"
Ugh...Korean MMOs...All spectacle and no substance. If you're looking for depth, don't look to Korea.

Personally, I've been looking at Albion Online. No idea if I'll ever give it a shot because it's buy-to-play and I don't trust new games from unknown developers games without first seeing a long list of reviews. But it does seem interesting, maybe a bit heavy on the gathering-and-crafting side of things but I do like their progression system. You basically level your passive skill tree by doing things in that category, IE use a sword a lot and you'll rank up sword proficiency.

That's just it. I can't tell anything about quality of play just from a video, of course the Lost Ark devs will make it look great (so does GGG... I wish I could get view perspectives like some of the PoE videos show).

Thanks, I'll take a look-see at Albione Online. Me and my kiwi pet are looking for something fresh and new. We were all hoping with Atlas of Worlds that GGG had come up with something new and fresh to do in the endgame. Sadly, we were only given an atlas to track our mapping progress, a filter that makes for less variety of maps to drop (if they drop at all), a gimmick to increase a low level map by 5 tiers, and another gimmick to temporarily add mods to a map. But it's still the same old endgame map grind forever and nothing new and fresh to do. The 1 % top elites that are in the high 90s now get 4 uber bosses and 1 super uber boss as a grand endgame challenge but the 99% rest of us are left out once again. Giving the top elite players new content challenges is ok and all but ignoring the 99% rest of us is just sad. GGG is probably too small and I shouldn't be expecting anything at all for the 99% of us non-elites but you'd think someone (or many) GGG execs would be alarmed by the overall negativity in their own forums and be seriously looking at the root cause and working hard to fix it. Maybe they are, maybe not. I'll hold out hope for a better PoE a little longer but when act 5 comes next year and it doesn't have anything but endless mapping and act 5 doubles down on what we got with act 4 then I'll be another fallen exile on the trail of tears (road to playing a build at least into the 90s... level 100 is now off my list of PoE goals).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I played Albion Online in beta, it's really nice but it is not comparable to PoE. It's a sandbox MMO with heavy focus on economy, PvP and guilds.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Congrats go out to _Wrex and Steelmage for level 100 builds. 2 weeks to get to 100. I see the additional exp nerf for levels 95 through 99 hasn't slowed the no-sleepers (just doesn't feel right not being allowed to call them no-lifers... anyone got a better non-sensorable name for them?). Does this mean we can/should expect another round of level 90s exp. nerfs, increasing amount of exp. to level up, and decreasing mob packs again?

...and so the madness continues. The overlords of Wraeclast (GGG) truly are mad (must not allow level 100 builds < 1 month... chant and repeat).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Sep 17, 2016, 10:19:16 AM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Does this mean we can/should expect another round of level 90s exp. nerfs, increasing amount of exp. to level up, and decreasing mob packs again?

One can only hope.
ggg can't even launch a new patch without fucking up almost everything they previously introduced.

Nerfing builds and items is their last resort to keep most of the players from asking for a decent patch that does not shit all over the game.
When I first saw the Atlas I hoped that GGG finaly decided to stop the RNG part of maps and introduce a 'Click on the atlas the map you like to play. If you kill the boss(es) the linked maps will become available.' - mechanism so I could enjoy the entire game and become a better player by getting killed and improve myself in high tier maps.

But instead it's just RNG in a different more expensive suit. I am again facerolling the low tier maps again and watch streams to see the rest of the content.

Besides that GGG should learn to balance things +/- 5% at the time. Start a little low and do regular small buffs/nerfs until a skill or unique item seems to find a balanced state.

For 5 years now I see with every major patch buffs and nerfs that are game breaking. Almost every new skill turns out to be completely OP or suck that hard that nobody is using it. It's just like they don't learn a thing.

Edit: I checked Lost Ark but it looks like someone is doing cutscene godmode using an extended christmas tree on LSD as a weapon.
Last edited by Kaw on Sep 17, 2016, 3:36:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info