GGG needs to change their view of the endgame and stop the nerf madness

"
t3hj00 wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Apos91 wrote:
Why can't we buff the lesser skills for once?

And then ggg wonders why noone plays anything else other than EQ when it comes to melee.

Exactly!!! There are too numerous of threads on the whole "melee sucks compared to ranged" topic going back to last year and it's a damn good question to ask GGG why there hasn't been a major across the board buff on all melee skills (minus EQ) to get us to want to build around them. It's disgraceful for GGG to have not buffed up melee skills to bring them in line with ranged skills by now (should have done so by Perandus League).

GGG is known for some major imbalances but there's no reason most melee skills should be this bad.

Fireball: 50% more damage.
Ice Spear: 70% more damage.
Arctic Breath: 35% more damage.
Cleave: 19% more damage.
Sweep: 15% more damage.
Ground Slam: 15% more damage.
Sunder: 9% more damage.
Viper Strike: 11% more damage.
Double Strike: 13% more damage.
Heavy Strike: 5% more damage.
Glacial Hammer: 6% more damage.
Dominating Blow: 6% more attack damage (not minion damage).
Frost Blades: 15% more damage.
Lightning Strike: 9% more damage.
Wild Strike: 19% more damage. It now also gains 1% increased area of effect per level.
Static Strike: 16% more damage.
Reave: 12% more damage. Reave's base area of effect has been increased by 21%. Its per-stage area of effect has been reduced from 30% to 20%. It still has the same area of effect at the fourth stage.
Vaal Reave's area of effect has been updated to match changes to Reave.
Lacerate's 30% Less Attack Speed drawback has been reduced to 25% Less Attack Speed. This is a buff.
Ice Crash's attack speed penalty is now 20% less (down from 25% less). Its secondary stage damage penalty is now 15% less (down from 20% less). Its third stage damage penalty is now 30% less (down from 40% less). This is a buff.
Static Strike now gains 1% increased area of effect per level.

Nope... no buffing lesser used skills at all...

And yet nearly are those still skills are still under powered and underused and that's coming from one of the biggest fireball fans ever.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
RandallPOE wrote:
gotta love people whining about endgame balance who don't get past t6 maps

I routinely run T9 and T10 maps and would run red maps if GGG would allow them to drop in sufficient quantity same as yellow (which they don't). If GGG were to allow us to sustain red maps then we'd get more exp/hour and be happier but then GGG would see more 100 builds and nerf exp. more and raise the exp to level up even more. It's a vicious cycle GGG has going here and without adding other endgame challenges (I'm not talking about the challenge league 40 points challenges, they're ok) other than running map after map adinfinitum then all GGG is giving for us to do is grind for currency and exp and hope for a great unique drop once every blue moon. If that is all GGG can deliver for endgame content then it is a reasonable expectation that more than 1% of players can get a build to level 100 once or twice a year.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I dont necessarily have a problem with the journey to 100 being long or hard, however i do have an issue with GGG's constant nerfing of items and skills. ITS FUCKING BULLSHIT. It takes way longer and much more effort to acquire 500+ to 1000+ exalt builds and they keep raping them into utter oblivion. Spectral Throw low life? almost 1000 exalts easy and now complete crap. Geared out Mjolner & CoC expensive as hell and now complete crap. Geared out CoC Wander very expensive and now complete crap. Its insane. They keep throwing this line out that you can adjust your gear and passives but its not that easy its a very very heavy investment of time and in game currency to adjust builds after big nerfs and often times they just arent good enough anymore.

Hell even lesser tier builds that get to powerful have been gutted. Low Life Spork totems, Voltaxic, Consuming Dark builds....list goes on.

Everything in this game is so painful. Master Grind is boring as fuck, gated Uber content is boring as fuck, trying to get a lot of red tier maps especially T13+ is basically impossible without supplemental buying of maps.

Its just beginning to get dumb. GGG needs to realize the fun in their game is building characters. CHARACTER BUILDING is the strength of the game unlike D3 or other ARPG's on the market.

My entire previous guild of people that have played since the beginning has basically quit after the last round of the nerf hammer. People are sick of it its true and so am I. I really am just 1 nerf away from abandoning this shit, especially with Lineage Eternal, Lost Ark, and other ARPG's on the horizon.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Sep 16, 2016, 4:20:02 PM
right there! nerfing is the cancer of POE.
and doesn't look like it will get any better, hence the cancer, no cure for it.

"
TheAshmaker wrote:
I dont necessarily have a problem with the journey to 100 being long or hard, however i do have an issue with GGG's constant nerfing of items and skills. ITS FUCKING BULLSHIT. It takes way longer and much more effort to acquire 500+ to 1000+ exalt builds and they keep raping them into utter oblivion. Spectral Throw low life? almost 1000 exalts easy and now complete crap. Geared out Mjolner & CoC expensive as hell and now complete crap. Geared out CoC Wander very expensive and now complete crap. Its insane. They keep throwing this line out that you can adjust your gear and passives but its not that easy its a very very heavy investment of time and in game currency to adjust builds after big nerfs and often times they just arent good enough anymore.

Hell even lesser tier builds that get to powerful have been gutted. Low Life Spork totems, Voltaxic, Consuming Dark builds....list goes on.

Everything in this game is so painful. Master Grind is boring as fuck, gated Uber content is boring as fuck, trying to get a lot of red tier maps especially T13+ is basically impossible without supplemental buying of maps.

Its just beginning to get dumb. GGG needs to realize the fun in their game is building characters. CHARACTER BUILDING is the strength of the game unlike D3 or other ARPG's on the market.

My entire previous guild of people that have played since the beginning has basically quit after the last round of the nerf hammer. People are sick of it its true and so am I. I really am just 1 nerf away from abandoning this shit, especially with Lineage Eternal, Lost Ark, and other ARPG's on the horizon.
"
t3hj00 wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Apos91 wrote:
Why can't we buff the lesser skills for once?

And then ggg wonders why noone plays anything else other than EQ when it comes to melee.

Exactly!!! There are too numerous of threads on the whole "melee sucks compared to ranged" topic going back to last year and it's a damn good question to ask GGG why there hasn't been a major across the board buff on all melee skills (minus EQ) to get us to want to build around them. It's disgraceful for GGG to have not buffed up melee skills to bring them in line with ranged skills by now (should have done so by Perandus League).

GGG is known for some major imbalances but there's no reason most melee skills should be this bad.

Fireball: 50% more damage.
Ice Spear: 70% more damage.
Arctic Breath: 35% more damage.
Cleave: 19% more damage.
Sweep: 15% more damage.
Ground Slam: 15% more damage.
Sunder: 9% more damage.
Viper Strike: 11% more damage.
Double Strike: 13% more damage.
Heavy Strike: 5% more damage.
Glacial Hammer: 6% more damage.
Dominating Blow: 6% more attack damage (not minion damage).
Frost Blades: 15% more damage.
Lightning Strike: 9% more damage.
Wild Strike: 19% more damage. It now also gains 1% increased area of effect per level.
Static Strike: 16% more damage.
Reave: 12% more damage. Reave's base area of effect has been increased by 21%. Its per-stage area of effect has been reduced from 30% to 20%. It still has the same area of effect at the fourth stage.
Vaal Reave's area of effect has been updated to match changes to Reave.
Lacerate's 30% Less Attack Speed drawback has been reduced to 25% Less Attack Speed. This is a buff.
Ice Crash's attack speed penalty is now 20% less (down from 25% less). Its secondary stage damage penalty is now 15% less (down from 20% less). Its third stage damage penalty is now 30% less (down from 40% less). This is a buff.
Static Strike now gains 1% increased area of effect per level.

Nope... no buffing lesser used skills at all...

Oh wow, this really made my day.
This is a buff.
"
Xavderion wrote:
apathy did this

NOT UH
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I was leveling to 100 when nerf came. It changed my time schedule. I felt cheated so I stopped paying for this game and I am not creating new builds or creating new goals. I play from time to time to see friends, but I am not trading much, I am rather passive. I feel people who left game because of nerfs, legacy nerfs etc. Some people say they play for fun, but I think most players play to achieve something and pleasure from gaming is secondary and when patch takes away days of progress or achievements by changing rules, its reason why not support game by money or presence. Its fair solution to unfair action from side of GGG. There is no such problem for players who focus on HC or league though.
Yeah, the nerf/buf cycle is getting old. Constantly taking our fun away and push their pov on us is just obnoxious.
But hey, as long as they sell stash tabs, they won't care.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:

I just looked at a Lost Ark video and if this plays as beautifully as it looks and has enough depth to be long lasting then I may finally back burner PoE and give it a go. The mood of GGG and the nerf shit and endless map grind is taking it's toll on me too. It may be time to look for a better online rpg to enjoy playing.

Are then any other rpgs or mmorpgs worth a look-see?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
TheAshmaker wrote:

I just looked at a Lost Ark video and if this plays as beautifully as it looks and has enough depth to be long lasting then I may finally back burner PoE and give it a go. The mood of GGG and the nerf shit and endless map grind is taking it's toll on me too. It may be time to look for a better online rpg to enjoy playing.

Are then any other rpgs or mmorpgs worth a look-see?

OBJECTION! MMO's nerf a lot too you can't escape a nerf most of the time if enough people complain; It would be the same results.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info