BOB, Trivialize the game on a budget - beginner friendly

The build has taken a large hit in single target damage by the poison nerfs but it's still a great league starter and does very respectable damage endgame.

snapshot from the 2.6 final version
Build snapshot for the latest and best version so far:

For Path of Building users, here's the pastebin to import it https://pastebin.com/eVmnHsjM

BOB: Berserker, Obliteration, Blade Vortex

My idea behind this build was to have a cheap league starter that focused on area of effect while still being able to deal with most/all bosses, Turns out it's good enough to kill the Shaper.

Obliteration takes care of the AoE aspect, it scales with monster life.
Cloaked in Savagery in combination with vaal pact takes care of the other (especially with Blade Vortex because they will stay while you are not casting)

Now for the guide part, first lets go over why this works.

Obliteration, when you kill an enemy they have a 20% chance to explode per wand dealing 25% of their life as chaos damage. This can be scaled with increased damage, increased area damage, increased chaos damage and more damage from the Berserker passive skill Aspect of carnage.

Ok, so why blade vortex?

Well it was buffed, that's one reason. The more important reason is that Obliteration itself grants 15% of physical damage as chaos damage and it has a nice amount of spell damage on the implicit per wand.

For those that are curious, yes, it works with Bladefall too but Blade Vortex clears a lot faster and is a lot saver due to constantly leeching without having to cast.

Passive skill tree

Level 82

Right now before 3.0 hits, the passive tree on the site is not yet updated. the life nodes in the witch area will replace the stun avoidance cluster.

Take the 2 point jewel sockets last and try to find jewels that have + %life and any %damage mod asap for the 1 point jewel sockets.

Which Ascendancy points to take first?
I took Cloaked in savagery first because i didn't feel like i needed the damage early on while 100% leech with vaal pact trivializes a lot of content.

Bandits

Kill all.

Unless this is your league starter as in, level to 80 and use the currency obtained to roll your real build, you can kill Alira which is going to be a huge quality of life as you're getting 111% (mixed) elemental resists which almost takes care of a third you'd otherwise get on gear and the mana regen is nice as well.

Itemization

Weapons
Well obviously

I Prefer using two of them. there's not really a reason to use something else as your second weapon or a shield

They run for an alchemy and are the only requirement for this build. Chances are that for the first one or two days they are around 10 chaos

Helmet

Wands do not have a good movement skill and Lightning Warp is a bad choice due to skill duration on the passive tree so movement speed is everything. It also helps a lot with the dex requirement for your gems

A slightly more expensive item, it's not required but does make the build a lot better

chestpiece

Still best in slot for this build, allows us to use both Vulnerability and Temporal chains, which both improve our damage and Temporal chains adds defense.

You can use a tabula till mid level maps and do fine.

Other usefull uniques

The Covenant
A good budget alternative, better than a Tabula but not as good as Cospri's

You can use The Jeweler's Touch on it for an easy 5l (effective 6l) you gain a bit more life and free up the need for Mana. you can drop Vaal Clarity and add Vaal Lightning Trap Which gives close to the damage of what would otherwise be the sixth link.
Since you lose the +1 curse from Cospri's, drop Temporal Chains

The rest of the items are just rares with life/resists and if you can fit it in, chaos damage on rings (from essences)

Jewels
Look for anything with life, increased damage, increased physical damage, increased area damage, increased spell damage and increased chaos damage.

Gem links.

Blade Vortex - Controlled Destruction - Echo - Concentrated effect - Added Chaos Damage Efficacy

Swapping Echo for Void Manipulation will be substantially more damage per blade but i prefer Echo to build up stacks quickly while mapping

If you're on a 5l, drop Echo or Efficacy

Blasphemy - Temporal Chains - Vulnerability
This grants both defense and offense

Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Vortex - Increased Duration
My gem levels are - 3 - 4 - 1 - 20 in that order

A very common defense setup, Vortex creates a large area of effect chill which slows monsters, on top of Temportal Chains.

Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Arcane Surge

While we mostly use movement speed for mobility, Flame Dash is very useful for crossing gaps, ledges etc. and to get out of something bad quickly. With the addition of Arcane Surge it also adds cast speed, damage and mana regen

Utility links

Vaal Haste Vaal Clarity- Increased Duration

Vaal clarity is mostly used for pre stacking 20 blades before going face to face with a boss, It doesn't take too many souls that it hurts Vaal Haste

If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to reply to this thread.

To answer the question of, "why are you still using poison after the 3.0 patch?"

I've tried a few things such as crit, non crit elemental conversion or just noncrit altogether and all the options seems about equal or worse. crit elemental versions certainly can get more singletarget damage but have to be inquisitor (removes the budget immortality) and can't really use Obliteration (removes the budget clearspeed)
Last edited by Eleziel on Aug 4, 2017, 3:52:02 PM
Last bumped on Feb 2, 2018, 10:22:01 PM
NIce build- thanks for sharing
RAAAAAAAA!

(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ǝ︵ o︵ d

I'm out.
Cool build idea. Thanks for taking the time to write a guide, and grats with 40/40.
IGN: madssvin
Just curious what you swapped in for Poison vs the Immune to Bleed Guardians? I assume Void Manip since they are both green, but what would you swap in if you had a 6L for the extra link when removing Poison gem?

Most BV builds seem to use Added Chaos in the 5th or 6th link. Why is this not as good for your version of the build?

Also, I have seen some BV builds use Iron Will (if enough STR) or Empower 3+ (if enough wealth). Any comments on how those gems compare damage wise?

By using a non-green gem as the 6th link, you could swap out Void Manip for Poison-immune mentioned above.

Finally, is Kaom's Heart the way you killed all the Guardians and Shaper? And did you do them solo or with a support (or larger team)?

Thanks for the great build. Looking forward to trying it out soon.
"
Doedre's Elixir allows you to proc a savage hit which will give you 100% leech on command, it will also trigger the Cast When Damage Taken setup (don't get too much chaos resist!)

Savage Hit is 15% of your maximum life.

Doedre's Elixir deals 10% of your maximum life as chaos damage.

Do you simply purposely have less than 0% chaos resistance for this synergy to work?
Hi! thanks for sharing this build. I'm going to try it out once I get the chance. I am just wondering if you have any tips for leveling this character. Thank you.
Hi,
With your current build/gear, what can you run (Uber Lab/Atziri, T15, etc)? It may be better to mention it in the guide so people know what it can do.

Thanks,
Would the build be safe enough to continuously farm uber izaro in HC?
GZ with 40/40, my friend use you build and i will use it too. This is trully genious cuz build no need 6-link and depend on some stuff, no 10-50-100 exalted or another large price. Need use it hurry, BALANCE_GOD can nerf it, lol.
How much you paid for guardian/The Shaper kills? Doubt you actually where able to do them with 5 link, atleast The Shaper.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info