[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

Sorry if this is a stupid question, this guide is really great but what exactly is the thought process about stacking crit, increased critical strikes gem, and then using Controlled Destruction that reduces all your crit chance to 0? I don't understand

Edit : I guess I was confused about the "Reduced" vs "Less" wording
Last edited by Siyoo2 on Dec 22, 2016, 3:38:58 AM
"
Flapdrol wrote:

I am playing Hybrid Low-Life with Presence of Chayula and Prism Guardian with 550 life (after reservation) and 9.5K ES (will probably go to 10.5K ES when I finish crafting mt rings).

All resistances capped (including chaos). 550 life with 75% chaos resistance is definitely do-able as long as you pay attention (and I play T13-T15 maps). 2K should be invulnerable indeed. My damage is currently 9.2K tooltip unbuffed.

Interesting. What auras are you running? Discipline, Anger, and? I'm guessing then you're also using Pain Attunement.

Interesting choice, but how do you reckon losing 1 totem? Thats essentially a 50% overall damage increase going from two, which I think beats out Pain Attunement + extra aura.

Im in hardcore, for me running at 550 life would be somewhat dangerous, I'd rather be extra safe haha.

Show your gear and tree I'd be interested to see your version!

EDIT: Nvm, I see your tree and Anger aura from earlier post. Well if it works it works, I can't afford to be low life non-chaos immune in hc haha >.<
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
Last edited by Aevykin on Dec 22, 2016, 4:38:36 AM
Great build (no irony here) except one thing is absolutley awful/rippy in breaches . You have no leech no regen so if breach mobs no matter how weak keep you constantly in combat you never get your ES back, only options are vaal disco or portal out. I have 8,6k ES 3,7k dmg tooltip running disco + anger + orb storms with temp chains and I die in almost every breach lol, I never died in maps tho even tried on my low lvl 72 redmaps no problems but one breach in dired lake and after my vaal disco goes out I can portal out or die. I guess I need that jewel against totems getting stunned hope it somehow improves I dont want to ignore breaches in maps...
"
mogamii wrote:
Great build (no irony here) except one thing is absolutley awful/rippy in breaches . You have no leech no regen so if breach mobs no matter how weak keep you constantly in combat you never get your ES back, only options are vaal disco or portal out. I have 8,6k ES 3,7k dmg tooltip running disco + anger + orb storms with temp chains and I die in almost every breach lol, I never died in maps tho even tried on my low lvl 72 redmaps no problems but one breach in dired lake and after my vaal disco goes out I can portal out or die. I guess I need that jewel against totems getting stunned hope it somehow improves I dont want to ignore breaches in maps...

I've had that happen before where breaches outspawned what my flameblasts could kill. Admittedly the Tukohamas shield helps a LOT as you can cover 33% more area compared to 2 blasts. Do you have enough cast speed and damage?
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
"
Aevykin wrote:
Noticed quite a number of people having trouble with survivability of this build. I've made a very sucessful crit hybrid version using Tukohamas with Presence of Chayula.

Currently, I am level 91 sitting at 3200 life and 7700ES with discipline (Probably closer to 8k once I divine my helm), and 11k ES with Vaal Discipline (14k total) at which point its hard for me to die even if I try. I am currently capped on all ressitances INCLUDING chaos. If you are going to do hybrid, I strongly suggest getting chaos resistance capped, as you will more or less be immune to chaos damage with a high life pool (even 2k would suffice).

I personally believe that hybrid the strongest choice if playing with Tukohamas. The tree for this build works in such a way that there are many many life and energy shield nodes in the area, combining both and scaling with Presence of Chayula seemed very strong to me and it has indeed worked well.

I am playing in BHC, have done more normal Atziris that I can count, and have no problem at all with breaches (including Chayula), damage, or survivability. I've only done up to T13 maps at the moment which were not hard, and I don't see myself struggling with higher tiers honestly.

My gear is obviously quite expensive, but this can still be ran without Presence of Chayula or really gg hybrid gear and you will still have good survivability and damage. I've also included my tree for those keen to see.

I'm writing this to hopefully put some ideas out there that will help the survivability of your character, GL all!

Gear
Spoiler

Tree

If anyone has questions or needs help with gear or whatnot (ie gear checks) please don't hesitate to PM: Cheesy_Situation

Thanks for your post.
I'm interested to know how much crit chance you have, since the only source of crit chance from your gear is the dagger implicit and the skill gem linked to FB. Or rings and ammy don't have any crit on it, and your dagger doesn't have an explicit crit mod.

Thanks!
Yeah that's the one thing I'm actively trying to work on. At the moment im sitting at 66.1% with all power charges up. Getting a dagger with crit chance and the misery essence cast speed and crafted spell damage would probably be my next step, that would bring me to most likely around 72%, at that point I think I'd run a diamond flask and that would be as best as it gets. Maybe also get the last crit chance node and occultists dominion after a couple more levels. Hopefully it'll be enough, want to attempt uber atziri in hc soon :S
"
"
Completed 25 Challengesmogamii wrote:
Great build (no irony here) except one thing is absolutley awful/rippy in breaches . You have no leech no regen so if breach mobs no matter how weak keep you constantly in combat you never get your ES back, only options are vaal disco or portal out. I have 8,6k ES 3,7k dmg tooltip running disco + anger + orb storms with temp chains and I die in almost every breach lol, I never died in maps tho even tried on my low lvl 72 redmaps no problems but one breach in dired lake and after my vaal disco goes out I can portal out or die. I guess I need that jewel against totems getting stunned hope it somehow improves I dont want to ignore breaches in maps..

I had the same issue, problem was with cast speed. Get about 120% base faster casting +Vall haste and mobs will melt fast.
"
Aevykin wrote:
Yeah that's the one thing I'm actively trying to work on. At the moment im sitting at 66.1% with all power charges up. Getting a dagger with crit chance and the misery essence cast speed and crafted spell damage would probably be my next step, that would bring me to most likely around 72%, at that point I think I'd run a diamond flask and that would be as best as it gets. Maybe also get the last crit chance node and occultists dominion after a couple more levels. Hopefully it'll be enough, want to attempt uber atziri in hc soon :S

Thanks!
Do you happen to know your unbuffed cast speed modifier?
"
Aevykin wrote:

You don't have to crit every time. So don't sacrifice everything else to it. 66.1% is plenty.

I have about 60% crit, for bosses I pop a Diamond Flask (effectively bringing it to 84%), which means 5 out of 6 blasts crit which does the job.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
Aevykin wrote:

You don't have to crit every time. So don't sacrifice everything else to it. 66.1% is plenty.

I have about 60% crit, for bosses I pop a Diamond Flask (effectively bringing it to 84%), which means 5 out of 6 blasts crit which does the job.

What does your cast speed look like? I'm at 119% in my hideout, but I feel like it could be better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info