[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

I'm following this build, inquisitor, life-based, and having problems at level 68. I'm doing some Dried lakes / Tier 1 maps and dying a lot. I have to deal with 2-3 second lag spikes randomly which are usually what does it, but the other half the time I'm just getting a monster that ignores the totems and kills me before I can use a seething flask. I haven't played since Ascendancy was added either so I'm not caught up to the changes entirely.

My resists are 58%/75%/52%/60% with 2.2k life 2k ES, and I followed the talent suggestions (picked up all the life, life/mana, life/es nodes along the way) and I'm at a loss what I can do with this build to help stay alive.

Right now, breaches are 100% a death sentence if I don't trigger them and sprint out and drop totems from outside the breach. I can't take a hit and I'm not sure if that's just part of this build, but my flameblasts are hitting for 13k with 50% crit so it's probably the best dps I've ever had on a character.
Q(^_^Q)
"
Corani wrote:

My resists are 58%/75%/52%/60% with 2.2k life 2k ES, and I followed the talent suggestions (picked up all the life, life/mana, life/es nodes along the way) and I'm at a loss what I can do with this build to help stay alive.

Farm in public lake party until 75 and buy some cheap pieces for your character, you should have at that level somewhere ~4.5k life, ~1k ES and capped resistances + ascendancy labs done.. (for uber one you can buy service from people for 5c with their offering). If you not going to change your Divinarius, i suggest to link it 3L with green,green,red for whirling blades + faster attacks + fortify to use your ascendancy (after attacks you get 30% cast speed), which is huge. You should upgrade all your gear pieces, these are totally trash. You need to get temporal chains curse too. Thats where i would start from now ;) I played life based and done all content from T1 to T15 (guardians not, since life based is too squishy..) That were my gear (i ran double curse instead of Anger + Temporal chains, but its optonal). Breaches requires a bit more confidence and tactics how you deal with..
"
Matematikas wrote:
"
Corani wrote:

Farm in public lake party until 75 and buy some cheap pieces for your character, you should have at that level somewhere ~4.5k life, ~1k ES and capped resistances + ascendancy labs done.. (for uber one you can buy service from people for 5c with their offering). If you not going to change your Divinarius, i suggest to link it 3L with green,green,red for whirling blades + faster attacks + fortify to use your ascendancy (after attacks you get 30% cast speed), which is huge. You should upgrade all your gear pieces, these are totally trash. You need to get temporal chains curse too. Thats where i would start from now ;) I played life based and done all content from T1 to T15 (guardians not, since life based is too squishy..) That were my gear (i ran double curse instead of Anger + Temporal chains, but its optonal). Breaches requires a bit more confidence and tactics how you deal with..

Thanks that gives me a great place to start and use my currency :)
Q(^_^Q)
I'm surprised to hear so many people are having issues with survivability. I've been running the CI version of this build and have been surprised at how tanky it is. I'm not using anything for stun prevention of freeze removal either.

I took sanctity and Zealot's oath. I'm also running enfeeble rather than temporal chains, which seems much stronger for defense. I have 8300 ES and have done through tier 12 comfortably.
Last edited by DrWafer on Dec 24, 2016, 9:14:28 AM
I want to thank the OP for this build! It's been a very fun build to play in BSC thus far. I've cleared T1-T15 maps easily and hope to do some T16s soon. I struggled with survivability also until I respecced to use the melding cluster and energy from within which raised my ES from 8.7k to about 9.3-9.6k depending on my other gear. I'm running disclipine and clarity for a mana regen of about 61 per second (totems cost 81 mana each with voidbringer). And for survivability I've added two vaal disciplines which seems to work well for the most part.

I've got a question regarding gearing now that I've reached 210% cast speed with golem + ascendancy after attacking. Should you keep stacking cast speed or get some more spell power/crit on jewels and jewelry?

What is your crit chance and crit multiplier?

Also, how are you stacking that much cast speed? I assume that calculation includes vaal haste?
My crit chance without power charges is 66.72% with voidbringer gloves, multiplier at 360%. 210% cast speed is without vaal haste just after attacking to activate the inquisitor's Instruments of Virtue.

My jewels:

Tree:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAFvApYDdQVCCaoMUhEtES8RUBXXGyUc3B0UIG4i9CTYKgsrCiycLL8y0TW5NsU8BT1fQZZFR0lRSbFLrkyzTq5QMFBCUlNTNVZjWHdY5VorXGtd8l5dXwRknWaebAttGXBSfIN_xoKbg_OESIVthq6J04t6i4yMNox2jmSPGo9Gj_qRK5JukyeXlZf0mjuce52un9-hL6PypwinK6eUqLmuEq6zsTa2-rcxvFa-isBmwJrBxcMTw23QH9D10f3SfNWB1abXz9gk2VvZ_Nte4vfpAuvu6_XsGO087WHvfO-I7-vw1fId96b5N_nd-tI=?accountName=kaelthai&characterName=Edgy_Kael

EDIT: I just tested my cast speed ingame and it's 262% with vaal haste + onslaught.
Last edited by kaelthai on Dec 24, 2016, 6:23:15 PM
Gonna try this build m8 looks really nice and detailed
That's an incredible amount of cast speed. Do you mind sharing your tooltip DPS? I have 95% crit chance with a 500 multiplier, but only 128% cast speed with instruments of virtue up.
I am currently trying the zealot's oath respec but I wrote down my stats before I respecced (forgot to screenshot unfortunately)

9310 ES
171% unbuffed cast speed (without golem out) which goes up to 210% with golem and instruments of virtue as you're usually whirling blades'ing around ;)
66,86% crit
360% Crit multiplier

5375 with Incr. AoE Tooltip

Mind sharing your tree? I'm curious what you left out to get sanctity. I ended up sacrificing some totem nodes as the crit nodes were too valuable to unspec.

Now I'm at

9287 ES
180% cast speed unbuffed...
66,86% crit
360% Crit multiplier

4975 AoE DPS
new tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAFvApYDdQVCCaoMUhEtES8RUBXXGF0abBslHNwdFCBuIvQk2CoLKwosnCy_Nbk2xTwFPO89X0GWSVFJsUuuTLNOrlAwUEJSU1M1VmNYd1jlWitca13yXwRknWaeaPJsC20ZcFJ8g3_GgpuD84RIhW2GronTi3qLjIw2jmSPGo9Gj_qRK5JukyeXlZf0mjuce52un9-hL6PypwinK6eUqLmt8a4SrrOxNrb6vFa-isBmwJrBxcMTw23QH9D10nzVgdWm18_YJNlb2fzbXuL35CLpAuvu6_XsGO087WHvfO-I7-vw1fId96b3wfk3-d360g==?accountName=kaelthai&characterName=Edgy_Kael

Last edited by kaelthai on Dec 24, 2016, 11:58:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info