[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
Zompak wrote:
So I'm a lv72 newbie Inquisitor, that just found his 1st Exalt. In total I have around 80c worth of currency if I sell the exalt. So I thought its a good time to upgrade. But in this game, with this build its very confusing whats a upgrade...and the prices are varying wildly. I have seen downgrades worth 30c on poe trade..so yeah its very easy to get trapped. I could use some help, should i go ES now or stay Life? get 6 socket armor or not? Most seem corrupted. Lots of questions. I die alot in the tier4+ maps and breaches. Damage seems still to be reasonable. Staying alive not so much. Capped 75% lighting, fire and cold around 50% in merci. 3.3k life 400ES

Skill tree. Based of thread starter and my own. Seems decent?
Basicly, what to upgrade priority with around 80c currency. I know my gear is pretty bad. I guess flasks are also important, but there way to many and uniques. Confused.

1) Your tree has old choices and original choices. It has right choices and wrong choices. Unfortunately, all original choices are wrong, and all right choices are old.
Most glaring problem is 4 nodes wasted on power charges, which, as you are not taking other crit nodes, are largely wasted. You either go full crit or you do not go crit at all. My *strong* suggestion would be to follow the trees that are suggested on page 1. Crit builds are somewhat complex: only diverge if you *really* know what you are doing.

2) I would stay life at the moment. Good ES gear tends to be more expensive and 80c will only take you so far. If you want to go all the way to Shaper, Breachlords and Uber Atziri, you will probably have to go CI or (low-life hybrid which is even more expensive) some point but that is very far off at the moment.

3) Replace the non-cast speed dagger with a shield. If your damage is OK, then you need defense more than a 2nd dagger.

4) Uncapped fire and cold resistances are deadly once you hit Act3 in Merciless. Merciless is balanced around 75% resistance. If you have 50% resistance, the effective damage is *double* that of 75% resistance. You have numerous places where your masters can craft some extra resists on your gear.

5) You can run content 7 levels below your character level (if you go lower, an xp penalty kicks in). So don't run maps if they kill you. Stop running maps, farm Dried lake until you hit level 75, then farm Tier 1 maps until you are level 76 etc. Once you hit level 80, you can run content 8 levels below your character level. The extra levels will give you more dps and life, more time to farm gear.

6) If you decide to go crit (you should), your ammy is your biggest issue at the moment. Get a cheap ammy with high life, decent cast speed and high crit multiplier. For the rest, try to find *cheap* upgrades and fix it with masters. At the moment you do not need expensive gear, and who knows what you will find or buy. Keep the 80c in the pocket. Ideally you want to save and scrimp to get a good 6L ES armor so you can transit to CI and they will cost a few exalts. Grab, identify and sell ALL rares you find. Do the chaos recipe a lot.

Thanks this is a good start. Yeah I figured 50% res is the reason I die alot. But I never had so much problems as with this build and in this season. I guess its a combination of squishy build+breaches making this a nightmare journey. I just get instant deaths when opening breaches, not much you can do. Even better when they freeze your totems and no damage. Ofcourse, I got my exalt also from breach. Makes me wonder how much currency I have missed because of deaths....
Last edited by Zompak on Dec 19, 2016, 4:45:50 PM
So tukohama fortress > CI at end game?
Playing this with Hierophant.

++ insane survability, totems taunt everything (especially taunt totem with increased AoE)
++ Fire & Forget-style makes farming maps incredibly easy. Run, place totem, run, place totem, rinse & repeat until everything's dead, run back and collect items
++ Combo of full (non-ascendancy) dual totem damage plus taunt is nigh overpowered (maths 3*0.68 ~= 2.0 + 1 taunt)
++ can easily accomodate MF once you have some currency to spend
++ cheap, powerful even with leveling equip
++ low mana costs -> lotsa potential for reservation
++ most 'dangerous' map mods just make you yawn. Blood magic? Slows down a bit (manual cursing) but otherwise easy. Ele Reflect? Talk about laughing. No regen / no ES? Yawwwn.
++ very flexible in terms of # curses (1, 2, 3, ...)

TBH I have not found any clear and undeniable disadvantage aside from the single target damage which is of course not comparable to dedicated builds. Still, most bosses are down in less than 10 secs so that's fine for me.

Oh yes, one little thing OP also mentions: you really need a cast speed dagger or your movement is screwed. LWarp is alright for starting but you REALLY want Whirling Blades for Fortify buff and the very high mobility.

Summary: AWESOME. Thanks for notifying me about the AI buff to spell totem, I had not read the patch notes so far :)
Last edited by Jasmira on Dec 20, 2016, 3:14:55 AM
Trying to figure out whats better, a 20/20 Controlled Desc as a 6th link, or a Level 4 empower, but really not sure.
Empower usually beats everything.

edit: at least L4 Empower...
Last edited by Jasmira on Dec 20, 2016, 9:32:08 AM
"
GGZII wrote:
Trying to figure out whats better, a 20/20 Controlled Desc as a 6th link, or a Level 4 empower, but really not sure.

I'm still on a 5L and have left out Increased AOE, since the AOE without it is already pretty large. Especially since mobs that are just on/outside the circle also get dinged.

So why not Controlled Destruction AND Empower 4, and then restructure your tree to get less dps nodes (remove the fire wheel and some crit multi nodes) and more life/ES nodes, since your dps should be plenty.

Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 20, 2016, 10:54:30 AM
Really nice build. Working good so far. Thanks for sharing. However I have a question about the 6th gem in this build: Controlled Destruction. Would it not be better just to use Fire Penetration, Increased Crit Multiplier or Empower gem? (I Haven't done the calculations of what does the most damage)
"
Really nice build. Working good so far. Thanks for sharing. However I have a question about the 6th gem in this build: Controlled Destruction. Would it not be better just to use Fire Penetration, Increased Crit Multiplier or Empower gem? (I Haven't done the calculations of what does the most damage)

Controlled Destruction > Increased Crit Multiplier. The 40% more spell damage is that good, even though you slightly nerf your crit chance

Fire Penetration is not useful since the Inevitable Judgement ascendancy ignores elemental resistance on critical strike.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 21, 2016, 9:37:56 AM
Hello, this is my first ever build using CI. Ive been a fan of life based builds for a long while but this build really did look fun and I had some currency saved up so gave it a go. I am currently level 80 and having a lot of fun but I do die much more often than I had hoped. I am currently standing at max resists, 8k ES with 2x weapons or 9k if I use my shield.

Most of my issues so far have been in breaches in maps. Even in maps T1-5 or so I seem to easily get taken from full ES down to 0 quite fast. Maybe its just a mentality issue since I am used to playing Life for the rest of my PoE playtime. Other than getting more currency to get more ES, is there anything I can do to live a bit longer?
"
is there anything I can do to live a bit longer?

CWDT+IC, Rumi's, Vaal Discipline, Vaal Haste, ect. there are plenty of options
Last edited by Unixos on Dec 21, 2016, 3:58:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info