[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
viperas wrote:
Maybe its just a mentality issue since I am used to playing Life for the rest of my PoE playtime. Other than getting more currency to get more ES, is there anything I can do to live a bit longer?

Maybe try the Hierophant route. It's cheaper than a crit build and has AMAZING durability. I am level 81 and only ever die through very unlucky 'random' situations or own faults. The ability to set up 4 totems, one of them taunting everything (including all bosses!) for miles around makes sure you are extremely safe even in breaches.
My usual tactic for breach: pre-place 3 FB-totems (not all in 1 place or they will just overnuke, place them some distance apart so they target different places). Pre-Place 1 taunt totem directly on breach marker. Open breach. Run away until first wave around breach marker is dead. Replace taunt totem every time it's off cooldown. Replace FB-totems whereever the majority of enemies spawns. Stay IN the breach area but always in a place where no/few enemies are, obviously. Keep moving all the time to avoid area effect damage.

Hiero also has much faster placement. It can be a real pain being stuck so long in the totem placement animation as an Inquisitor.

Sure, Inquisitor with the right crit equip will certainly do more damage. But if you want to strike just the right balance between DPS and survability and especially if you're not rich yet, I recommend Hiero.
Last edited by Jasmira on Dec 21, 2016, 4:01:25 AM
"
viperas wrote:
Hello, this is my first ever build using CI. Ive been a fan of life based builds for a long while but this build really did look fun and I had some currency saved up so gave it a go. I am currently level 80 and having a lot of fun but I do die much more often than I had hoped. I am currently standing at max resists, 8k ES with 2x weapons or 9k if I use my shield.

Most of my issues so far have been in breaches in maps. Even in maps T1-5 or so I seem to easily get taken from full ES down to 0 quite fast. Maybe its just a mentality issue since I am used to playing Life for the rest of my PoE playtime. Other than getting more currency to get more ES, is there anything I can do to live a bit longer?

You can always just do half the breaches. The half where the breach is near a wall, having something to put your back to helps a lot with this build. Once your totems get going they can easily keep up with breach spawns, in one direction.

I only have 5k ES and I'm doing fine in breaches now, although I struggled before I just have to skip a few of them in wide open areas. oh, and I just died because breach+beyond=lotsofdemons. So keep things like that in mind too. You get similar rewards from an easy breach as you do from a harder one (in terms of layout)
Last edited by namad on Dec 21, 2016, 9:11:20 AM
"
Unixos wrote:
"
is there anything I can do to live a bit longer?

CWDT+IC, Rumi's, Vaal Discipline, Vaal Haste, ect. there are plenty of options

Vaal Discipline is by far the best option. It is the only "heal potion" you have as ES build and has saved my life on numerous occasions.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Great build, really enjoying it..... haven't played a totem build in quite a while.

I'm not really using discipline, so I normally run arctic armour, gives me a nice damage reduction.

Also haven't found any decent daggers yet, so I am going with wands and lightning warp for the time being. Works just fine for me. Breaches are Breaches, some nice, some not so nice...
:-D I mostly stay away, at least for a bit longer until I am at a desired level. ;-)
I appreciate all the insight from everyone here. Ill probably try CWDT and Vaal Discipline first since they are easier than respeccing the ascendancy class but I will keep the class change in mind as well. I feel into the trap of "DO ALL THE DAMAGE" for my class
Has anyone made a successful life-based version of this, i.e., not a glass cannon?
This feels very squishy to me. I've been trying to find a way to have decent defenses without compromising dps too much. Not sure this is possible with a crit inquisitor. Seems my only viable defenses are flasks, but i'd feel more comfortable with more layered defenses.
Wondering if i should respec to hiero or chieftain. Maybe somthing non crit with elemental overload.

Currently level 73...

I'm currently level 81 with this build, and I feel like I'm not nearly strong enough for high tier maps. I've only got 2800 tooltip dps without power charges, and around 75% crit rate with charges.

Current gear

Is it only possible to increase my damage at this point by spending dozens of exalts on gg gear?
"
Nuraihyon wrote:
I'm currently level 81 with this build, and I feel like I'm not nearly strong enough for high tier maps. I've only got 2800 tooltip dps without power charges, and around 75% crit rate with charges.

Is it only possible to increase my damage at this point by spending dozens of exalts on gg gear?

Replace your dagger with a 1 chaos Singularity and use Shield Charge instead of Whirling Blades.

Replace Increased AOE with Controlled Destruction (works wonders for me).

I predict a new tooltip of around 4500......
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 22, 2016, 12:50:34 AM
Noticed quite a number of people having trouble with survivability of this build. I've made a very sucessful crit hybrid version using Tukohamas with Presence of Chayula.

Currently, I am level 91 sitting at 3200 life and 7700ES with discipline (Probably closer to 8k once I divine my helm), and 11k ES with Vaal Discipline (14k total) at which point its hard for me to die even if I try. I am currently capped on all ressitances INCLUDING chaos. If you are going to do hybrid, I strongly suggest getting chaos resistance capped, as you will more or less be immune to chaos damage with a high life pool (even 2k would suffice).

I personally believe that hybrid the strongest choice if playing with Tukohamas. The tree for this build works in such a way that there are many many life and energy shield nodes in the area, combining both and scaling with Presence of Chayula seemed very strong to me and it has indeed worked well.

I am playing in BHC, have done more normal Atziris that I can count, and have no problem at all with breaches (including Chayula), damage, or survivability. I've only done up to T13 maps at the moment which were not hard, and I don't see myself struggling with higher tiers honestly.

My gear is obviously quite expensive, but this can still be ran without Presence of Chayula or really gg hybrid gear and you will still have good survivability and damage. I've also included my tree for those keen to see.

I'm writing this to hopefully put some ideas out there that will help the survivability of your character, GL all!

Gear
Spoiler

Tree

If anyone has questions or needs help with gear or whatnot (ie gear checks) please don't hesitate to PM: Cheesy_Situation
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
Last edited by Aevykin on Dec 22, 2016, 4:41:32 AM
"
Aevykin wrote:
Noticed quite a number of people having trouble with survivability of this build. I've made a very sucessful crit hybrid version using Tukohamas with Presence of Chayula.

Currently, I am level 91 sitting at 3200 life and 7700ES with discipline (Probably closer to 8k once I divine my helm), and 11k ES with Vaal Discipline (14k total) at which point its hard for me to die even if I try. I am currently capped on all ressitances INCLUDING chaos. If you are going to do hybrid, I strongly suggest getting chaos resistance capped, as you will more or less be immune to chaos damage with a high life pool (even 2k would suffice).

I personally believe that hybrid the strongest choice if playing with Tukohamas. The tree for this build works in such a way that there are many many life and energy shield nodes in the area, combining both and scaling with Presence of Chayula seemed very strong to me and it has indeed worked well.

I am playing Hybrid Low-Life with Presence of Chayula and Prism Guardian with 550 life (after reservation) and 9.5K ES (will probably go to 10.5K ES when I finish crafting mt rings).

All resistances capped (including chaos). 550 life with 75% chaos resistance is definitely do-able as long as you pay attention (and I play T13-T15 maps). 2K should be invulnerable indeed. My damage is currently 9.2K tooltip unbuffed.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 22, 2016, 3:27:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info