[3.8 BUFFED] Demi's PURE STRENGTH Righteous Fire Chieftain! SUPER BUDGET (TO START) ALL CONTENT

I'm loving this build so far!

One question though, why do you want the CWDT as high as possible when linked to vortex-summon holy relic?
"
SchuurPapier wrote:
I'm loving this build so far!

One question though, why do you want the CWDT as high as possible when linked to vortex-summon holy relic?

The lifepool is big enough to sustain a lvl 20 cwdt easily. And holy relic giving more regen at higher levels.
Just now realizing that Molten Shell has had it's damage changed, and no longer works with Iron Will because of it.. I'm guessing the build still works fine as is, but it seems like a waste to not utilize the level 30 Iron Will. I've been trying out some different options but haven't found anything too satisfying. Considering moving Scorching ray and having it cast flammability on hit, then drop ball lightning on hit portion entirely, since its more of quality of life thing. Also not sure I still want to be in Molten shell, though all the negatives to fire resist do affect reflect damage. Anyone else doing something they are enjoying?
I still just have molten shell in there, I haven't yet found anything to replace it with - looking at the changes they've made to shell and will.
So any idea what to do with molten shell?
What about aspect of the spider instead of malevolence ?

I dont use vitality because i'm up with regen.

With lvl4 enlighten i can get all 3 purity, malevolence and aspect of spider with 99% reserved LUL
A few of my own thoughts after reaching lvl 79.

With recent health boosts to rare mobs, the lackluster single target damage of this build is more noticable. Proc'ing EE/flammability via cwdt or even shield charge is unreliable (shield charge can easily overshoot your target, ball lightning doesn't always go off when you most need it, etc). Coating enemies in ash is also rarely happening due to chance to proc and only actually hitting mobs with shield charge. Couple this play style (sitting on tanky rares, tring to land shield charge while also powering up scorching ray, which has it's own delay in terms of dps) and the build is exposed to its one real weakness which is up-close shock damage/effects. There are numerous, dangerous sources of shock including things like random warband prophecies, beasts, nemesis mods (a few new ones in recent leagues), etc. If you don't know already, getting shocked will increase the damage rf does to you, which can make you real squishy real fast (shock is a killer anyways).

What I'm in the process of doing now is removing cwdt/relic/vortex which is a luxury link setup anyways (have RF in elder helm), and replacing that with a 4-6 link setup in the chest armour for somehting like incincerate. This entails removing EE from tree and adding Malachai's Artifice as a ring. This does the following things.

1. Makes EE consistent and castable from range (putting storm brand in Malachai's, for example)

2. Removing EE from tree allows you to use molten shell / vaal molten shell without worrying about raising fire res of mob.

3. It gives 100 res to lightning res (or cold, depending on what you put in the ring) with only -20 to other resists. Considering that we have a crap ton of fire resist, this effectively makes you only have to account for one resistence on your gear (2 if you count chaos). It becomes much easier to stack stats/health which obviously this build priorititzes.

4. Allows for a better single target skill with multiple links (e.g. incincerate) Said skill can also actually utilize all of ascendency perks of this build (fire pen, ignite chance, ash on hit, etc) which are largely wasted on rf (not to mention, utilizing the more spell damage from rf, and vaal rf if you're ballsy.)

5. Removes the awkward shield charging/scorching ray pattern of building up dps (shield charge should still be used, but in the normal movement/fortify gaining way). You can also keep cwdt/bl/flam for added effect.
Last edited by Jahlee on Jul 4, 2019, 5:21:18 AM
All in all, RF is really lackluster in this league sadly. Still enjoyable to play - but it is absolutely terrible for the league mechanic. Full clearing monoliths, let alone 5-ways, is pretty impossible.

I've been testing out Vaal Ice Nova to help pop more of the liths, doesn't seem to be worth it though.
For the weapon what did you guys think ?
Spell totem scorching Ray Burning damage, and take the totem ascendency :)
Trying it out actually seems very decent to me.
Last edited by Dreamounette on Jul 4, 2019, 7:30:34 AM
"
Jahlee wrote:
A few of my own thoughts after reaching lvl 79.

With recent health boosts to rare mobs, the lackluster single target damage of this build is more noticable. Proc'ing EE/flammability via cwdt or even shield charge is unreliable (shield charge can easily overshoot your target, ball lightning doesn't always go off when you most need it, etc). Coating enemies in ash is also rarely happening due to chance to proc and only actually hitting mobs with shield charge. Couple this play style (sitting on tanky rares, tring to land shield charge while also powering up scorching ray, which has it's own delay in terms of dps) and the build is exposed to its one real weakness which is up-close shock damage/effects. There are numerous, dangerous sources of shock including things like random warband prophecies, beasts, nemesis mods (a few new ones in recent leagues), etc. If you don't know already, getting shocked will increase the damage rf does to you, which can make you real squishy real fast (shock is a killer anyways).

What I'm in the process of doing now is removing cwdt/relic/vortex which is a luxury link setup anyways (have RF in elder helm), and replacing that with a 4-6 link setup in the chest armour for somehting like incincerate. This entails removing EE from tree and adding Malachai's Artifice as a ring. This does the following things.

1. Makes EE consistent and castable from range (putting storm brand in Malachai's, for example)

2. Removing EE from tree allows you to use molten shell / vaal molten shell without worrying about raising fire res of mob.

3. It gives 100 res to lightning res (or cold, depending on what you put in the ring) with only -20 to other resists. Considering that we have a crap ton of fire resist, this effectively makes you only have to account for one resistence on your gear (2 if you count chaos). It becomes much easier to stack stats/health which obviously this build priorititzes.

4. Allows for a better single target skill with multiple links (e.g. incincerate) Said skill can also actually utilize all of ascendency perks of this build (fire pen, ignite chance, ash on hit, etc) which are largely wasted on rf (not to mention, utilizing the more spell damage from rf, and vaal rf if you're ballsy.)

5. Removes the awkward shield charging/scorching ray pattern of building up dps (shield charge should still be used, but in the normal movement/fortify gaining way). You can also keep cwdt/bl/flam for added effect.

Man just tested this out, and jesus, the burst damage on Mono is just insane.
Actually feel really really good. We lost almost nothing O_O
On a 6 link we can put curse on hit and Flam, what did you think ?
Last edited by Dreamounette on Jul 4, 2019, 9:21:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info