[3.8 BUFFED] Demi's PURE STRENGTH Righteous Fire Chieftain! SUPER BUDGET (TO START) ALL CONTENT

Hey there!

I have been playing your RF build for a few days now and so far i have a lot of fun with it. Am currently lvl 86 and while i still lack a lot of good min/maxed gear i am doing pretty well already up to T12ish maps so far.

But there are some minor things i would like to ask your opinion on that i don't quite understand.

- Elemental Overload. Really only procs on critting, and that basically only ever happens on shield charge, and there the chance to crit is pretty fricking low (6%), and obviously crit chance is not a priority really. So am i missing something or is this just a "buff when it happens but unreliable" kind of thing?

- Blade Vortex Curse setup. I am currently not yet running it but tried it (with warlords mark because i did not have the colors for flammability) and it never really cursed anything as far as i could tell? Again, am i missing something here?

- How big is the gain from having Molten Shell inside the Doon really? I would like to run Immortal Call just for safety, and having another cast on dmg taken setup simply would take too many sockets, so i'd rather take MS, CoDT, IC and Duration - do you think that the MS LL loss would be bad in that case?

- Your Path of Building pastebin has you use Taste of Hate and no Life Flasks at all - Could you elaborate on why exactly?

Then what is your take on Pantheon's? Since i couldn't find anything on those in your guide i thought i might just ask.

Thanks a lot and thanks for the work!
- Blade Vortex Curse setup. I am currently not yet running it but tried it (with warlords mark because i did not have the colors for flammability) and it never really cursed anything as far as i could tell? Again, am i missing something here?

answer = only can have 1 curse on a monster unless you take the node that gives you duel curse

- How big is the gain from having Molten Shell inside the Doon really? I would like to run Immortal Call just for safety, and having another cast on dmg taken setup simply would take too many sockets, so i'd rather take MS, CoDT, IC and Duration - do you think that the MS LL loss would be bad in that case?

answer = I guess you want to keep full endurance charges to give yourself full regen/tankyness instead of blowing them all on immortal call hit.

regen over potions
"
- Elemental Overload. Really only procs on critting, and that basically only ever happens on shield charge, and there the chance to crit is pretty fricking low (6%), and obviously crit chance is not a priority really. So am i missing something or is this just a "buff when it happens but unreliable" kind of thing?

There's blade vortex as you just told later. It's easy to crit with it

"
Your Path of Building pastebin has you use Taste of Hate and no Life Flasks at all - Could you elaborate on why exactly?

There is no need of it, we have huge regen. If you want to regen hp faster, use potions with fire resist + consecrated ground

"
Blade Vortex Curse setup. I am currently not yet running it but tried it (with warlords mark because i did not have the colors for flammability) and it never really cursed anything as far as i could tell? Again, am i missing something here?

Probably you had 2 curses on, there is only one possible at once when you don't have points / items for more. If you used just once, maybe you didn't have right links? You have to get BV + Curse on hit + the curse and if you don't want to cast BV personally, get cast when damage taken to cast BV (Remember to not overlevel CWDT with BV)
No i did not use any other curse and the mobs also did not get cursed in any way, aswell as there was no modifier of making them hexproof or anything.

I just said that i used Warlords because i did not have the color for Flammability, but there was no second curse.

The Endurance charges for regen makes sense, and consecrated ground etc. aswell. Thanks for your answers, will try the curse setup again and see how if it works or if i can make it work then.
how to proc EE on this build? io have path of building and watch skill set up i do not understand which one procs EE
"
luciferus wrote:
how to proc EE on this build? io have path of building and watch skill set up i do not understand which one procs EE

You have to have some item that adds cold or lightning damage to your attacks, and then when you shield charge into enemies the shield charge damage will add lightning/cold to it and proc EE.
thanks
Wich set up is better for effective damage?

_spell totem + scorch ray + burning damage

_spell totem + scorch ray + faster casting

I prefer faster casting cause it's stack the debuff more quickly and increases the righteous fire damage significantly.
Hey mate,

Thanks for awesome build.

I was wondering - any direction about passive tree order when leveling? I have no idea what nodes to take on what level.

Cheers,
I remember someone here complained about doing guardians with this build. I just finished doing all four with my variant of the build (essentially just a Juggernaut instead of Chieftain, you can check out my character in my profile). Here's a brief rundown, in case someone can benefit from my experience:

- Minotaur. Took me two maps and a bunch of deaths because his burrow attack one-shotted me right through my 10k life pool. Eventually I figured out how to avoid provoking that attack while at the same time dodging the sh*t falling from the ceiling, and from that moment on the fight was fairly straightforward. Other attacks do reasonable damage, and the minions are no threat at all.

- Phoenix. A big pain in the a$$ because of the progressive -max fire resist debuff. Essentially, it's like running a map with a high-tier "-max player resists" mod, except that it's a T16 map, and the boss is a guardian. You have to make sure that your fortify and endurance charges are always up, you need to keep your golem alive because the regen he provides suddenly becomes important, and you'll still have to gulp a lot of flasks at the end of the fight when you're at max fire res debuff. Other than that, the boss's attacks aren't too scary, and the minions are barely noticeable.

- Chimera. The boss himself was a joke, he could barely scratch me. Poison snakes were a bit of an issue, and the last unique summon hit surprisingly hard, but otherwise it was probably the easiest guardian fight. Nothing really to worry about here.

- Hydra. I made a big mistake here and did the map with the "unique boss deals more damage" mod. As a result, I got myself one-shotted once at the beginning of the fight. But after I learned how to get out of the way of the boss's attacks, the fight became fairly easy. Basically, you just have to avoid standing in front of the boss when he pulls his bow, and you'll be fine. Note that I'm using Unstoppable under the Juggernaut ascendancy which makes me immune to freeze and chill. Chieftains will probably have a bit more trouble here.

Hope that helps someone :) If I were to farm the guardians on a regular basis, I would probably go with Chimera or Hydra.
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info