[3.8 BUFFED] Demi's PURE STRENGTH Righteous Fire Chieftain! SUPER BUDGET (TO START) ALL CONTENT

"
Rigapples wrote:
I've been enjoying this build.. Running through T15 without too much trouble and still haven't gone through and 21/20'd my gem's yet, so I still have some growth potential.

Question: Is it viable to change the CWDT+BV+COH+Flam setup to Orb of Storms + Inc Crit + COH + Flam? It seems like a safer (and better) option for proc'ing both EE and EO in cases where you don't WANT to get hit... such as when you are running a high tier map with bonus unique boss damage/etc. I don't realy want to be forced to take a hit first before being able to apply Flammability and EO. Seems like Orb of Storms would be a much better option in most cases (other than having to self cast it.)

Thoughts? I didn't see it discussed in the thread - sorry if I've missed a similar discussion previously... This thread is getting long.

it's a guide, not a forced march. change whatever you want to more fit your playstyle.
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
Could leveling sunder work until 65+? since it feels stronger than firestorm/scorching ray

I leveled with cleave w/ the new unique jewel. Was np. Switched over at 70.
Hi I made a dps calculator for 3.0 RF: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6vj9jd/righteous_fire_damage_calculator_30_by_posetcay/
"
kmlck wrote:
Hi I made a dps calculator for 3.0 RF: *useless link here*

great but path of building does that automatically.
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
"

it's a guide, not a forced march. change whatever you want to more fit your playstyle.

Yup, that's what I did :) I'm currently running a variation of your build: basically, I took your skilltree and the high-life/high-strength build concept, borrowed Piftiuta's idea about SR totem in Doon, but chose Juggernaut instead of Chieftain. And I'm using a completely different setup for movement and application of flammability/EO/EE. So far I've been greatly enjoying this build, very tanky and fun to play. I've done most of the maps up to and including T15, the only one I couldn't do was the Hall of Grandmasters, but that was expected. Once I'm done leveling to lvl 93, I'll have a go at the guardians.

On a side note, uber lab is almost trivial for this build. Izaro can't do much to us due to high physical/fire mitigation, and even traps are less of a problem because I'm using leap slam and can bypass a lot of them.

So big thumbs up for your guide, DeMi :) It literally saved my a$$ when GGG decided to nerf RF totems into the ground two days before the start of the league, and I had to urgently find a replacement for the RF totem chieftain I was initially planning to run. Now I'm actually glad I went with selfcast RF.
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
"

Of course - just thought I'd bring it up for discussion. Thought maybe others would have input on if it was a bad idea or not so I wouldn't waste my time trying it out... but looks like I might just go ahead and make the switch for a few days and see what happens.

Thanks again :)
First of all, great guide! I really enjoy med RF build right now but i need some suggestions on how i should move forward. Currently doing T1 and some T2 maps and the monsters dies incredible fast. However, i feel like i take alot of damage as well. How should i proceed to feel more beefy as i do not dare to take higher tier maps even though damage feels great.

Thanks.

edit:

aaaaaaand rip, nevermind i guess.
Last edited by Spurkis on Aug 23, 2017, 5:29:32 PM
Hi i'm a new player and i'm trying out this build and have some questions. Can you post a passive tree progression, because i'm using PoB and the 3.0 tree is for a lvl 100 character and i don't know which node to prioritize first. I checked the 2.6 guide (which has a lvl 65 tree) but i saw the tree there is quite different from the 3.0 PoB tree in the pastebin.
"
Mentats wrote:
Hi i'm a new player and i'm trying out this build and have some questions. Can you post a passive tree progression, because i'm using PoB and the 3.0 tree is for a lvl 100 character and i don't know which node to prioritize first. I checked the 2.6 guide (which has a lvl 65 tree) but i saw the tree there is quite different from the 3.0 PoB tree in the pastebin.

I stuck with life nodes while leveling for the most part. Ignore Jewels and Elmeental/Fire damage (assuming you are leveling with melee Sunder or EQ) until you hit 65 and get RotP. If you are leveling with Firestorm (or some other fire spell) then you can probably take the elemental/fire damage nodes as you pass them.

I started going south on the tree and took all the passive nodes other than the Jewels and endurance charges. Then headed up through the templar nodes and then finally to the Scion life wheel. At that point you should be sorta/kinda close to 65 with a heafty life pool. I started saving my passives around 60-70~ because I knew I was buying a RotP (probably not an ideal thing to do - spend your passives.) I got RotF, immediately took all the Fire/Elemental nodes I skipped, and then ran for Holy Fire.

After Holy Fire i'd suggest start grabbing the Jewel nodes and getting yourself some good 7% health jewels with at least one damage mod on it (Area Damage / Fire Damage / Burning Damage / Damage / Damage over Time). 7% life is probably the most important early on.

At that point I grab everything OTHER than the Endurance Charge nodes. I got those last (and the first one I got was the one with life regen per endurance charge behind it.) Seemed like a pretty logical and easy to follow path - not saying it's efficient compared to anything else, but it worked for me.
The Path of Building pastebin seems to be significantly different than the Poeplanner skill trees (e.g. it goes up to Holy Fire and not down the path to the right of EO, and Scorching Ray is linked to Spell Totem), and the gem links are different than what you describe in your guide. Is the PoB link up to date?

Thanks a lot for this build. I just hit 65 and I'm going to try to finally switch over to RF. Can't wait to finally try it out.
Last edited by Silverback0124 on Aug 27, 2017, 5:19:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info