[2.4] The Furnace - Turn your enemy to ashes! Burning Vortex Chieftain

Hey there, glad you enjoy discussing this build.
Just want to chip in about Avatar of Fire tough.
Damage conversion does not apply to damage over time.
This is todays behaviour. Therefore going Avatar of Fire flat out looses you the cold dot. (Around 12k dps)
Also you have to use the Cold to Fire gem now. (If it were better than the current ones you could always swap it in even with pyre, therefore it cant be an upside.)
Next it costs you ~3 passive skill points.

For this cost you gain the freedom to swap pyre for any other ring.

That is quite a cost you pay for freeing up a ringslot...
Thank you Rayshan for that information regarding DOT conversion.

Something that may be worth considering with the Cold to Fire Gem + Avatar of Fire option is the oportunity of using a second Kaom's Way ring, thats another Endurance charge and more life regen per Endurance charge. Also Cold to Fire has a 110% mana multiplier compared to Increase Area of Effects 140%. It also allows the use of a pure Armour helm with the 3B 1R sockets being easy to craft on Vorici's bench.

Thank you Chronodroid for showing your setup, I switched the Increased Area of Effect for Chance to Ignite as well now, the added bonus of the lesser mana multiplier (110% v 140%) lets me run level 21 Purity of Fire linked to a level 3 Empower giving me +5 to max fire resist, 89% Fire resist and life leakage is very slow without any endurance charges up now :)

Had to drop the Fire Golem/Decoy Totem options, I can always swap gems if I need to or setup a weapon swap
Last edited by Gorcheu on Sep 30, 2016, 10:02:47 PM
Got Purity of Fire only at lvl 19 but I went for the Combat Stamina Cluster (1.8% life regen, 30% increased armour, 5% life). With a perfect. For a while (before I could wear the Marble Amulet (I also had those Life and Mana regen nodes just right next to Retribution as well as the 3 Life Regen nodes next to the Shaper one.

As said, the Combat Stamina Cluster is still there, without Endurance Charges I only bleed a little bit, lite 2-3 Life per second

Well, I killed all guardians with this build now.
Chimeira is the easiest, just hide behind a decoy totem and kill it.
Hydra is the second easiest. Dodge the balls and kill it.
Phoenix biggest problem is - as described - it takes fricking long to kill it.
Minotaur is mechanically challenging, you have to moove out of the rock slides he creates and run around a bit when he burrows.
Sadly I am not the most pro when it comes to dodging stuff, so this one was the hardest.

Going to try shaper this evening (for the first time, no attempts on SC yet, super nervous) and edit in how it went.

Wish me luck.

Edit: I just attempted it - but sadly I failed.

Analysis:
The pre-bosses were the wolf-guy from dark forest, vaal oversoul, brutus and I already forgot the fourth one. They were super-chill, as you do not have mapmods on the shaper map.

Damage is definitely high enough for the shaper.
Getting him to 50% the first time was quite smooth and fast, dieing once by trying to face-tank his smash (bad idea), then got teleported to that void-boss which I killed.

Coming back he was at 75% life. He opened a portal summoning monsters.
Those monsters obscured two vortex-balls which then were right in the middle of the arena, between me and Zana.
Zana died.
He started to cast those mass black balls - I died, twice, while creating more vortex in the middle of the map.

With little mooving space and my spirit not being the highest, I screwed up the rest of my tries without even getting close to him for another vortex anymore -.-

TLDR: Kite his balls to the edge of the room and you will have a much easier time then I had.
Last edited by Rayshan on Oct 1, 2016, 12:21:05 PM
Started this build this morning and are lvl 79 right now and the leveling was really smooth and easy (used Sunder from 11 and Vortex from 28) and gotta say this is the funniest and best build i have played this league so far! Can't wait untill i reach real end game with it

Current gear so far:

Spoiler

ign: ZaraTheFurnace is you wanna know how it goes or have any questions that i not gonna have a clue how to answer!
Last edited by Fernqvist on Oct 1, 2016, 3:00:38 PM
"
Fernqvist wrote:
Started this build this morning and are lvl 79 right now and the leveling was really smooth and easy (used Sunder from 11 and Vortex from 28) and gotta say this is the funniest and best build i have played this league so far! Can't wait untill i reach real end game with it

Current gear so far:

Spoiler

ign: ZaraTheFurnace is you wanna know how it goes or have any questions that i not gonna have a clue how to answer!

Just managed to craft
and i'm so happy!!!
Is using Brass Dome a good idea for this build, since it has 200% armor from tree?
IGN: HarroHarbinger
nice build - but now just ripped :(
"
Catharsis wrote:
Is using Brass Dome a good idea for this build, since it has 200% armor from tree?

I'm personally using it cause I love how it looks (it's awesome with the Minotaur MTX). It's also really good in that the high armour + end charges + Basalt makes you physical resistant, and the no crit multiplier makes spells much less scary to deal with. The only real downside is that you don't get life using it so your life will be pretty low since you're already missing out on life from off-hand, ring slot and helm/gloves if you don't get lucky rolls. It also makes it hard to use Doryani's belt since that doesn't have life either.

The other downside is that it basically triples the cost of this build.
Last edited by dragonsroc on Oct 2, 2016, 4:15:48 PM
"
dragonsroc wrote:
"
Catharsis wrote:
The other downside is that it basically triples the cost of this build.

I would say the entire cost of this build is the helmet and gloves since they love to roll garbage, I wasted 17 delirium essences (340c) to roll something with 40 life and 60 res.
IGN: HarroHarbinger

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info