[2.4] The Furnace - Turn your enemy to ashes! Burning Vortex Chieftain

Funny thing I just read on reddit that the glove and helm mods are bugged.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1728585/page/1#p13721600

Cofirmation here.
"
D_nasty wrote:
Funny thing I just read on reddit that the glove and helm mods are bugged.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1728585/page/1#p13721600

Cofirmation here.

The gloves work with RF, but the helm currently does not. I don't know if that means the helm is bugged and not double dipping for the ignite, but it still affects the up front damage. If anything, we could get even more damage on a build that already has excess damage.

Also a tip, Doryani's belt is really nice if you can afford to give up 100 life (so roughly 250-300) or short on cash to buy a GG belt. Gives fire damage, more armour, good resists in the two elements we need them, some leech, and 10% ignite chance. Outside of getting a GG life + cold/lite res + flask mod with all high rolls, I think the QoL from 10% ignite chance is worth using Doryani's. Plus it's cheaper to vaal for area radius/end charge than on GG belts.
Last edited by dragonsroc on Oct 4, 2016, 10:28:11 PM
I think I'm pretty close to what my final build will be if anyone is interested on my take.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAGRA3UD1gQHBLMGDgn2C2EMXxOlFCAWbxhqGS4aOBo-GmwcpyGwJKom8ycvJ-0pLi3SLpQ09zbpOlg62DwFPC09Xz38RZ1Ms1BHUlNTUlOlVcZWSFcNWAdYY1h3XwRfP2ZUaGVo8ngvfLh85YKbg1-D24V7j0aQVZErkc6WbJeFl5WX9Jo7muCboZ2un9-iAKcIrJitja9suX677b1gwGbEWMT2xgTGrsbYz37UfNWm2CTZYeNq5CLr7uw47TzvDu988B_xbPGs85v2SPfX
I'm going to pick up the last 2 jewel slots and path to the scion life wheel which puts my finished build at lv84. I haven't decided if Shaper notable is worth it or not. I plan to get the 2% life/mana regen when hit enchant on boots, so mana regen shouldn't be a problem since I'm only spamming mana on bosses. And since I'm using iron will, Vortex only costs 31 mana which is super cheap compared to if I used another 140% mana mult gem. Also 1% life regen for two points seems meh. I'd rather go for the 3-point flask wheel or something.

Got extremely lucky on my helm gloves with T1 life rolls on my first try. I just wish I got a higher chaos res roll on my gloves as it would have been perfect. I wanted to use Brass Dome because it's awesome so I fit it in. Pretty low on life because of it - only at 4.2k life right now at 76. I will easily hit 4.5k with the scion life wheel and the other jewel slots, but trying to break 5k will be hard. However, this low life is fine due to the high armor (>16k unbuffed), 6 end charges, basalt, blind (witchfire) and fortify for physical hits (can use chaos golem too if I wanted), and fortify + no crit multi for spells, as crits are the scariest thing for armour/life builds when it comes to spell damage. I dropped US since I feel like it's totally unnecessary for a life build. Maybe I haven't played hard enough maps (chaining T10's, most of which had less regen or -max res mods) but the only times I get stunned are hard hits which are telegraphed. No crit mult means that I'm never really taking spike damage from anything so I rarely take enough damage to get stunned from one hit. Damage is nuts right now - I did merc Izaro at 75 and he died in one Vortex cast. Most bosses are similarly killed with a vaal lightning trap + one or two Vortex casts which is why I've never had a problem with the low life. The biggest killer to me right now is chaos damage (the Canyon boss was hard), so I'm trying to get chaos res + life jewels and looking for chaos res boots with high life/str/lite res/30% movespeed which is pretty rare. I'm pretty sure I could do red maps right now at level 76, considering I've been running T9's/T10's with -max res/less regen/vulnerability mods pretty easily. I'm also considering replacing the 3-link OoS with a lv1 CwDT-BV-inc AoE/inc crit to proc EO. I find it hard to really keep EO up (not that I need it) because everything dies to RF before OoS can do anything. The only time I can get OoS to hit stuff is on tanky blue packs or a rare mob, but it's faster clearspeed to just use a vortex to kill it than try to proc EO.

Gear goals other than just straight upgrades to what I have are getting a corrupted Doryani's with +1 end charge and crafting a GG decay sceptre. Unfortunately it looks like I have to craft it myself since there's not a single decay sceptre on poe.trade. They're all wands, daggers and bows. But wands don't work with shield charge, and I have no dex to use a dagger (plus elemental damage implicit > crit chance). Another goal is getting a +1 curse amulet. This frees up 5 points from getting it on the tree, and I can put those 5 points to pick up Shaper + the jewel socket. 1.7% regen, 40% mana regen and a jewel socket is much more than the 1.6% regen I lose from the marble implicit.

As for the Uber ascendency, I can't decide if Hinekora is worth it, or if .5% regen is better. All Hinekora gives is life leech and 10% fire pen on Vortex casts which is only for bosses. Another .5% regen is just QoL for everything else, especially when you have to run less regen/-max res/vul mods. Doubly so for my setup, Doryani's belt + sceptre already give me .4% life leech. My Vortex tooltip is almost 20k, so that's 80 life leeched. Since I only have 4.2k life, I'm already exceeding my max life leech per second, so the leech from ascendency actually does nothing for me. Maybe Arohongut would be best to make Decoy totem even better against hard bosses with a mini-enfeeble aura? It's also probably more damage than 10% fire pen, since it makes enemies take 16% increased damage which is equivalent to a 16% more multiplier.
Last edited by dragonsroc on Oct 5, 2016, 8:03:33 PM
Why not holy fire and Avatar of Fire?
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
Todays patch had this including:
Fixed a bug with the Essence mod where socketed gems deal more damage over time. It didn't affect some damage over time abilities.
Hey guys! Fist of, ty OP for great build!

I am playing this in HC and got a question about where to go next. I am currently lvl 83 with the following build

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAGRA3UD1gQHBLMGDgbDCfYLYQxfDc0UIBZvGS4aOBo-GmwcpxzOJKonLyftKS4rUC3SNZI26TpYOtg64TwFPC09Xz38QYdFnUyzTeNSU1NSU6VVxlZIVw1YY1h3XwRfP2ZUaPJ2rHy4gpuDX4PMg9uFe4zPj0aQVZErkc6WbJeVmjua4Juhna6f36IAplemo6cIrJitja9sr6e3Prl-vWDAZsRYxPbGBMauxtjPftAf1HzVptgk2L3ZYeNq5CLr7uw47TzvDu987-vwH_Gs8kX2SPfX-ej-Cv5U_o8=

And the following gear:

Current status: running t7 maps without issue, gonna move up to t8 soon. I am happy with my dps and gear, flasks and jewels can use some trimming but that is pretty minor. Will also pick up last jewel sometime soon.

On to the question. As I see it I got 4 options as to what to go for next in the skill tree:
1) Go avatar of fire, use ctf and gain a ring slot, and take one more jewel slot.
2) go to whispers of doom and run a cwdt enfeeble
3) go for the plus life/mana and some extra aoe
4) go for breath of flames for more dps.
5) go for juggernaut and get one more jewel slot for extra life and armor.

What do you guys think would be best?
Last edited by The_Gurk on Oct 18, 2016, 4:19:40 PM
I am pretty sure Avatar of fire is a bad option, it removes your cold DoT entirely as "You deal no non fire damage". Holy fire would be a great choice for RF.
If I had started on this build earlier in the league, I might not have so many unanswered questions/plans but I have ran up to t12 maps without too much issue. I have chosen to go with the idea of wanting to 6l vortex. I started out building a vortex build and looked for ways to push the damage and start messing with RF. Stumbled across this thread and see some different things people are doing. I'm finding between the new ideas and old ideas, I don't have enough sockets to do everything I want. All I want is:

-A CWDT setup - currently using Molten Shell/Inc Dur

-Orb of Storms with Inc Crit to proc Elemental Overload

-At least 2 curses, but could see shooting for 3 after solving other problems wanting Enf/Flammability and possibly adding Ele Weakness or Temp Chains later

-Drop Clarity

-6l vortex setup

-Shield Charge/Fortify

And I just can't quite figure out the logistics of it yet. I've considered something like shaving some Talent Points somewhere and getting Aura mana reduction. Considered Curse on Hit setups. I've heard people say Molten Shell isn't what it used to be (took quite a break recently, does it suck for us too?). Maybe a CWDT is the thing to cut. I would link my gear and all but I've been playing around with it some and I don't even know how since I never really post on the forums :).

I have been using Belly of the Beast and would ideally have a RRRBBB link with Vortex-Iron Will-Cont Dest-Chance to Ignite-Inc AoE(Conc Effect for bosses)-Empower (?)
I currently have 5.5k life in mediocre gear and melt t12 enemies and don't have proper enchants or essence crafted gear or anything. The struggle for me atm is survivability.

So there's some scattered thoughts and maybe a fresh perspective but I will be starting with this in Breach and plan to push it as far as it will go.

Last edited by Nubs1201 on Nov 21, 2016, 12:21:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info