New Content (Shaper, Guardians)

"
Svegurok wrote:
first of i was not mentioning tier 15 maps. they are doable with almost anything if you know what to do and play enough.

in perandus i was able to do twinned-enfeeble-vulnerability-bonus_damage Abyss in the end of league pretty easily.

i'm talking mainly about Shaper and Guardians.

So basically you're upset that the absolute highest level content, bar none, in the game is difficult to access for the average player? I for one am HAPPY that is the case. The fact that there is content that will be a struggle to reach, and even greater struggle to beat is a good thing. Otherwise... why play?
U MAD?
"
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Svegurok wrote:
It saddens me that new content is not for everyone. Majority of players will not see Shaper or Guardians.

To be fair, the last few patches have focused on content that IS accessible by all players. We were due for some content that would be difficult for the upper echelon of players. Remember that when Atziri was initially added, it was considered difficult/a stretch to complete, and Uber was out of reach for most. These days basically any build can be Atziri viable. In time, I'm sure the tier 16 maps will be feasible for everyone, once the mechanics are completely broken down and figured out. The nature of games like this shouldn't be that every player gets to 100, every player can complete the highest/hardest tiers of content. Every player has the potential to get there though, with practice, patience, skill, etc.

Or, more accurately, wait until a streamer reveals the current most OP build in the game, then resign to the fact that this game is balanced with those OP builds taken as the baseline. Sorry, but practice, patience, and skill don't amount to a bag of dicks in this game when measured against mechanics exploitation and raw, calculated numbers.

If practice, patience, and skill were all it took to beat endgame content, people would be Heavy Striking Shaper to death, rather than everyone and their dog running some permutation of Blade Vortex and/or Bladefall.

Completely 100% agree. This game takes no skill. Its all in game knowledge, build set up and gear. Half of the movement skills have such a long animation time anyway that you physically cannot react and leap slam or lightning warp out of the way of one shots. I mean jesus thats why everyone is rocking whirling blades if they can as the go to move skill.

You have most accurately described what i have been feeling for a long time. My major issue is that i am honestly fine this game is more about knowledge and building a character than reaction time. But my main issue is that GGG is always fucking nerding the best shit we come up with to beat their content.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
Svegurok wrote:
first of i was not mentioning tier 15 maps. they are doable with almost anything if you know what to do and play enough.

in perandus i was able to do twinned-enfeeble-vulnerability-bonus_damage Abyss in the end of league pretty easily.

i'm talking mainly about Shaper and Guardians.

There should be something for everyone,if these 5 bosses aren't to be defeated by your average Joe,then so be it. Let the "nolifers" as people call them,also have something to strive for.

Also the fact that there is always something really hard to do at the end of the game,should keep you interested than being able to do everything. In the end its like 0.5% of the game that isn't for everyone.

Seems fair to me.
Last edited by Kasapnica on Sep 9, 2016, 4:06:35 PM
Problem is I would like to kill Shaper and Guardians. But I will be gated behind RNG. I don't play enough to be able to get to them.

Please don't stone me but look at D3. Everyone can enjoy hardest content and somewhat progress.

In PoE you just hit a brick wall and either grind for currency to get that 6L or have streamer RNG and 6L your item.

Since open beta I never 6L an item even though I poured like 20k fusings on different items.
"
Svegurok wrote:
Problem is I would like to kill Shaper and Guardians. But I will be gated behind RNG. I don't play enough to be able to get to them.

Please don't stone me but look at D3. Everyone can enjoy hardest content and somewhat progress.

In PoE you just hit a brick wall and either grind for currency to get that 6L or have streamer RNG and 6L your item.

Since open beta I never 6L an item even though I poured like 20k fusings on different items.

D3 is a different game for a different audience. PoE is for players who want challenge... not guaranteed progression.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"

Or, more accurately, wait until a streamer reveals the current most OP build in the game, then resign to the fact that this game is balanced with those OP builds taken as the baseline. Sorry, but practice, patience, and skill don't amount to a bag of dicks in this game when measured against mechanics exploitation and raw, calculated numbers.

If practice, patience, and skill were all it took to beat endgame content, people would be Heavy Striking Shaper to death, rather than everyone and their dog running some permutation of Blade Vortex and/or Bladefall.

How do you think streamers come up with the op builds and tactics vs Shaper? Through practice, patience and skill maybe?

Or perhaps the devs are spoon feeding them items and advice.
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
Mr_Bill wrote:

Or perhaps the devs are spoon feeding them items and advice.

Thanks for the laugh. This is probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. The devs are worse at this game than many of the top streamers. Also if you watch them stream for any amount of time you know the items they are fed comes from their legion of watchers who are always willing to give a bro-deal just so they can feel like part of the "team".
Last edited by OldmanBlackdragon on Sep 19, 2016, 9:42:52 AM
How do you even nerf the shaper ? The entire fight is proper dodge and ball placement...gear and build ain't even the most important thing.

For guardians,2 of them you can do naked as long as you simply sidestep. As far as bosses in this game do,these 5 new bosses are the best design wise,requiring skill way more than gear. So even a casual can do them,since the map drops for them aren't really hard to farm,neither are the shaper fragments,hell you can get them all in like 40c. Its not like uber atziri where the only challenge is to hit RNGesus and get ignorance/hope to drop.

Or you know...go the BV pathfinder way and rekt content.

All in all,the fights are hardly a gear check,which i assume is the biggest problem casuals have.
Last edited by Kasapnica on Sep 19, 2016, 10:00:43 AM
"
Kasapnica wrote:
How do you even nerf the shaper ? The entire fight is proper dodge and ball placement...gear and build ain't even the most important thing.

It is very important, since he is also a dps check. If you don't do enough damage to him, you will run out of room to place the balls at.
So far only bv is capable of this kind of damage output. And totem builds with support support.

No-one else is even close. So much for diversity.
"
CosmicMidget wrote:
"
Kasapnica wrote:

It is very important, since he is also a dps check. If you don't do enough damage to him, you will run out of room to place the balls at.
So far only bv is capable of this kind of damage output. And totem builds with support support.

No-one else is even close. So much for diversity.

Except im EQ build and i farm him. Also Mathil's spectral thrower.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info