New Content (Shaper, Guardians)

It saddens me that new content is not for everyone. Majority of players will not see Shaper or Guardians.
Last bumped on Sep 20, 2016, 8:28:28 PM
"
Svegurok wrote:
It saddens me that new content is not for everyone. Majority of players will not see Shaper or Guardians.

To be fair, the last few patches have focused on content that IS accessible by all players. We were due for some content that would be difficult for the upper echelon of players. Remember that when Atziri was initially added, it was considered difficult/a stretch to complete, and Uber was out of reach for most. These days basically any build can be Atziri viable. In time, I'm sure the tier 16 maps will be feasible for everyone, once the mechanics are completely broken down and figured out. The nature of games like this shouldn't be that every player gets to 100, every player can complete the highest/hardest tiers of content. Every player has the potential to get there though, with practice, patience, skill, etc.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Svegurok wrote:

To be fair, the last few patches have focused on content that IS accessible by all players. We were due for some content that would be difficult for the upper echelon of players. Remember that when Atziri was initially added, it was considered difficult/a stretch to complete, and Uber was out of reach for most. These days basically any build can be Atziri viable. In time, I'm sure the tier 16 maps will be feasible for everyone, once the mechanics are completely broken down and figured out. The nature of games like this shouldn't be that every player gets to 100, every player can complete the highest/hardest tiers of content. Every player has the potential to get there though, with practice, patience, skill, etc.

Or, more accurately, wait until a streamer reveals the current most OP build in the game, then resign to the fact that this game is balanced with those OP builds taken as the baseline. Sorry, but practice, patience, and skill don't amount to a bag of dicks in this game when measured against mechanics exploitation and raw, calculated numbers.

If practice, patience, and skill were all it took to beat endgame content, people would be Heavy Striking Shaper to death, rather than everyone and their dog running some permutation of Blade Vortex and/or Bladefall.
This is a buff™
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Svegurok wrote:

Yep. Just need to quit your job and live off the government or move back into the parent's basement, but it's doable.

Just have to go no life dedication.
"

Or, more accurately, wait until a streamer reveals the current most OP build in the game, then resign to the fact that this game is balanced with those OP builds taken as the baseline. Sorry, but practice, patience, and skill don't amount to a bag of dicks in this game when measured against mechanics exploitation and raw, calculated numbers.

If practice, patience, and skill were all it took to beat endgame content, people would be Heavy Striking Shaper to death, rather than everyone and their dog running some permutation of Blade Vortex and/or Bladefall.

How do you think streamers come up with the op builds and tactics vs Shaper? Through practice, patience and skill maybe?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
How do you think streamers come up with the op builds and tactics vs Shaper? Through practice, patience and skill maybe?

If by those things you mean calculations and exploiting loopholes in mechanics, then sure, whatever you want to call it.
This is a buff™
"
Xavderion wrote:
"

I'm going to assume it's because they have entire days worth of free time to run the numbers.
"
JakeCourtney wrote:

I'm going to assume it's because they have entire days worth of free time to run the numbers.

Interesting coping mechanism.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Svegurok wrote:

I consider knowledge of mechanics, and successfully using them to be a part of "skill". Most any skill/build can be made viable today (MOST. I'm not saying you are going to clear Core Malachai with a Dominating Blow Raider or something like that.) This game IS about knowledge. Patience, and investment of time is definitely a part of it. If you expect to install this game, and within 24 hours be beasting Uber Atziri and Tier 15 maps, then you might be expecting too much.

There are plenty of people who can get to/clear tier 15 maps while still being productive members of society working 40 hours a week. To think that you have to no-life this game 24/7 to access the highest tier content, you're crazy.
U MAD?
first of i was not mentioning tier 15 maps. they are doable with almost anything if you know what to do and play enough.

in perandus i was able to do twinned-enfeeble-vulnerability-bonus_damage Abyss in the end of league pretty easily.

i'm talking mainly about Shaper and Guardians.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info