Plaguemancer || Beacon of Corruption Degen || EZ Red Maps || Golems?!?!

"
Marloe wrote:
Soul Eater shouldn't benefit the build because you're resummoning the spectre after a second or too, HOWEVER, 8% increased AoE can stack up to benefit the build rather hugely. I think 8% hunger jewels present an option over stacking 16% minion damage jewels.

Yeah I'm thinking that a larger aoe or minion life are the stats to go for.
"
Marloe wrote:
Soul Eater shouldn't benefit the build because you're resummoning the spectre after a second or too, HOWEVER, 8% increased AoE can stack up to benefit the build rather hugely. I think 8% hunger jewels present an option over stacking 16% minion damage jewels.

I have thought about the jewel BUT I want to point out that the jewel says AoE of area minion skills. I do not think Beacon of Corruption counts as an area skill of the minion. I have not bought a jewel yet to test simply because I have been spending all my money trying to keep my red pool alive, to no avail.

Ill maybe pick one up today and see if it has any effects, which honestly I have hoped it does since i saw that jewel. Would be great to get a GGG response on the matter.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Sep 11, 2016, 1:54:00 PM
"
Kartikdon wrote:
"
Marloe wrote:

I have thought about the jewel BUT I want to point out that the jewel says AoE of area minion skills. I do not think Beacon of Corruption counts as an area skill of the minion. I have not bought a jewel yet to test simply because I have been spending all my money trying to keep my red pool alive, to no avail.

Ill maybe pick one up today and see if it has any effects, which honestly I have hoped it does since i saw that jewel. Would be great to get a GGG response on the matter.

I think it works. I have one on my tree right now and the AoE definitely feels a bit larger. Also, the wording on the jewel suggests it should work, it has the minion tag and it looks like it would function the same way as the inc AoE support linked to the spectres.

I'll level some more to get another gem in and see what happens, can't be sure yet because the area is so hazy all the time.
"
"
Kartikdon wrote:
"
Marloe wrote:

I think it works. I have one on my tree right now and the AoE definitely feels a bit larger. Also, the wording on the jewel suggests it should work, it has the minion tag and it looks like it would function the same way as the inc AoE support linked to the spectres.

I'll level some more to get another gem in and see what happens, can't be sure yet because the area is so hazy all the time.

should be pretty easy to jump into your HO and check in there. Hopefully it should give you enough clear space to accurately see. If it does work then Commander of Darkness is the definite go to.
So yeah, after slotting 3 of those jewels the area of effect has visually gotten larger. It's still somewhat irregular, sometimes it looks much larger, sometimes it doesn't. Gameplay-wise it feels like it's quite a bit easier to one-shot packs without leaving stragglers running around but on the other hand I could just be biased, knowing I should have more AoE.

Even so, I'm fairly confident that it actually works, though I can't be sure of it. GGG clarification would be helpful.

EDIT: I could post comparison screenshots if anyone is interested.
Last edited by tiali123 on Sep 11, 2016, 4:14:29 PM
I really like the build concept but I can't get over how clunky the mechanics of it are. It doesn't seem to scale with activity, meaning that 2 clouds don't seem to do twice as much damage as 1 cloud. So your max damage is just 1 cloud plus your zombies.

Is there a way to make the mapping ability more smooth? Is there a way to break the dps ceiling of cloud and zombies?
"
Dromidas wrote:
I really like the build concept but I can't get over how clunky the mechanics of it are. It doesn't seem to scale with activity, meaning that 2 clouds don't seem to do twice as much damage as 1 cloud. So your max damage is just 1 cloud plus your zombies.

Is there a way to make the mapping ability more smooth? Is there a way to break the dps ceiling of cloud and zombies?

Try not to think of it as dps. Because that may be what is causing you to think that the mechanics are clunky. Essentially, the build is utilizing Beacon of Corruption to full potential. What that means is that the hp of said minions is what is causing the damage. So the higher the hp, the more damage the cloud will do.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I'm understanding it.
"
Dromidas wrote:

The best QOL improvement for this build would be cast speed. You can get 50+ on a wand using essences and also have more defensive options with Bone Offering. Grab an Essence Worm and use Haste. If you're planning on playing in the HC league, there's no way you can cast as slow as OP does and still clear effectively.

For even more damage on bosses, grab a Vaal Lightning Trap and Wither Totem. With enough cast speed you should clear packs just fine.
There are many ways you can tailor the build to fit your own specifications. Want more cast speed? Ditch the staff and rock a 1h + shield. Don't want to self cast wither, link it with a spell totem. You can put vaal gems or whatever in the build. The primary thing is the DPS is coming from abusing Beacon of Corruption. At T1, the damage is alright compared to most. At T16, the damage is amazing compared to most. The Magic of the build is its ability to scale with map difficulty levels. As builds DPS falls off, Beacon of Corruption keeps going at its same pace.
delete plz.. stupid forum?

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747
Last edited by trashs1 on Sep 13, 2016, 4:20:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info