Plaguemancer || Beacon of Corruption Degen || EZ Red Maps || Golems?!?!

"
muir wrote:

Let me tell you, conc is a huge mistake.

The cloud is fucking tiny.

This needs Inc AOE, but then the problem is you sacrifice Echo. So you either need to weapon swap all the time or keep spamming.

STRUGGLING HARD HERE.

Need Soul Weaver. FUCK

As the guide says, I recommended just running SRS in reverberation wands till you get soul weaver. I was able to breeze through merc lab at 68 without changing anything to my passive tree. Recommendations are there for a reason.

conc effect is ONLY for bosses!!

You swap conc effect with Increased Area of Effect when you face bosses. Even then you don't need to swap unless you are doing Atziri, Uber Izaro, Uber Argus, or Red Maps.

Drop a damage gem and keep the quality of life AoE brings you as well as the option to swap in conc effect. You don't need that last damage gem until red maps anyways.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Sep 9, 2016, 5:14:43 PM
Uploading some Red Tier Maps.

T13 Sulphur Waste map added: Rare + corruption : Blind Run
https://youtu.be/l0PG0mDBPew

edit:
added a T11 Crematorium Rare Corrupted map run. Blind Run
https://youtu.be/nbbi_RHU8Es
Last edited by Kartikdon on Sep 9, 2016, 5:58:55 PM
How tanky do I have to be in order to do lab runs? Right now, I've spent practically all my points into getting HP but I'm a little afraid that I don't have enough damage now. I think I went a little overboard.. :X
"
Pracis wrote:
How tanky do I have to be in order to do lab runs? Right now, I've spent practically all my points into getting HP but I'm a little afraid that I don't have enough damage now. I think I went a little overboard.. :X

It kind of depends on the player. When leveling, you should be using SRS.

These are the general guidelines I use for lab on all my characters:

Normal lab: 1200 to 1500 HP is plenty and you can just over level it a bit to make it even easier. Finish act 4

Cruel lab: 2000 to 2500 hp is my goal. Again I over level a it, usually finishing Act 1 Merc.

Merc Lab: 3k+ is a safe bet.

Uber Lab: Min 4.5K + somewhat good gear. Generally people wait till around 80+ before starting this. HC players are going to want to be in good gear and have arctic armour with the aura reservation nodes taken. At this point its also about your ability to dodge and use your defense mechanics in your favor. Argus should be a pretty tank n' spank fight as well.

I have killed him quite a few times. The way I personally fight Uber Izaro is just to stay a medium range so my auras still work vs him and have Arctic Armour up. I have been waiting to re-gear my character before deciding between commander of darkness and spirit eater. Most my currency has been going into trying to keep a red map pool, which as failed :P
Last edited by Kartikdon on Sep 9, 2016, 6:46:36 PM
"
Kartikdon wrote:
"
Pracis wrote:

It kind of depends on the player. When leveling, you should be using SRS.

These are the general guidelines I use for lab on all my characters:

Normal lab: 1200 to 1500 HP is plenty and you can just over level it a bit to make it even easier. Finish act 4

Cruel lab: 2000 to 2500 hp is my goal. Again I over level a it, usually finishing Act 1 Merc.

Merc Lab: 3k+ is a safe bet.

Uber Lab: Min 4.5K + somewhat good gear. Generally people wait till around 80+ before starting this. HC players are going to want to be in good gear and have arctic armour with the aura reservation nodes taken. At this point its also about your ability to dodge and use your defense mechanics in your favor. Argus should be a pretty tank n' spank fight as well.

I have killed him quite a few times. The way I personally fight Uber Izaro is just to stay a medium range so my auras still work vs him and have Arctic Armour up. I have been waiting to re-gear my character before deciding between commander of darkness and spirit eater. Most my currency has been going into trying to keep a red map pool, which as failed :P

Ahh thank you.. :)

I'm using SRS, minion dmg, and multistrike with a reverb rod but I have zero points in increasing minion damage (which is my concern). And then I added Hatred and all is a lot better.. :)

Speaking of gear, are there any unique body armours that could work? I was looking at the minion specific uniques and they don't seem to match this build well.
Last edited by Pracis on Sep 10, 2016, 8:32:34 AM
-deleted-
Last edited by tiali123 on Sep 10, 2016, 11:30:49 AM
* double posted
Last edited by VoidVoidVoidVoid on Sep 10, 2016, 11:42:27 PM
I've theory crafted a build surrounding this for a while now. One thing I noticed is that Minion Life and Minion Damage act as multipliers with each other (not sure if you noticed this).

Depending on how much Minion life you've already stacked, a more multiplier such as Void Manipulation will do more than Minion life.

The difference in calculation is

(x+0.49) * modified damage (minion life gem)

vs

(x) * modified damage * 1.39 (Void Manipulation)

You can model the effectiveness of VM vs Minion Life Support as a function of Minion Life that already exists on the tree. In almost all cases (and certainly in your passive tree) VM wins out.

If you want to take a closer look at the calculations I can whip up a quick scenario for you.

*Edit: I see you've switched Minion Life for VM.
Last edited by VoidVoidVoidVoid on Sep 10, 2016, 11:44:16 PM
What would the jewel Unending Hunger do this build? Seeing as Raise Spectre is essentially the power hit for the build. Would soul eater have any benefit to the build?
Soul Eater shouldn't benefit the build because you're resummoning the spectre after a second or too, HOWEVER, 8% increased AoE can stack up to benefit the build rather hugely. I think 8% hunger jewels present an option over stacking 16% minion damage jewels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info