Plaguemancer || Beacon of Corruption Degen || EZ Red Maps || Golems?!?!

What are the pros and cons of Spirit Eater and Commander of Darkness?

I've been sitting here trying to think of the best one to use.

Cause I'm thinking that I could possibly rework the curses and blasphemy to cast those and then put in some buffs (lowbie levels) to take advantage of CoD.
"
Pracis wrote:

Cause I'm thinking that I could possibly rework the curses and blasphemy to cast those and then put in some buffs (lowbie levels) to take advantage of CoD.

you will get a tiny bit more damage with soul eater. commander of darkness will cap your minion resistances easier but will have have slightly less damage. Spirit Eater will also provide slightly more cast speed.
Have any of you played CA/can compare the two damage-wise?
"
Kartikdon wrote:
"
Pracis wrote:

you will get a tiny bit more damage with soul eater. commander of darkness will cap your minion resistances easier but will have have slightly less damage. Spirit Eater will also provide slightly more cast speed.

Well...it depends. I run a similar ci based build and i use an alphas with 4 auras inside + all aura nodes (which also buff commander of darkness in its effectivness) and so commander of darkness outshines easily spirit eater.

At 1st i played with pledge of hands for the built in echo then i transitioned into ci + bow. My gear isnt best right now but i will craft myself bow, chest, boots, gloves and belt with essences for a huge increase in dmg. In a +1 bow with empower i could get in bis setup lvl 25 spectres which also means 20% more dmg.

I dont run any offering - its not needed and i prefer using the corpses for spectres spam anyways. Its not needed coz commander of darkness and haste provide enough atkspeed for zombies. I run purity of elements, haste, discipline and clarity.

I also use AG for a nice dps increase stone golem with zealots oath 2 regen es and my minions.

For dps i selfcast vuln and use a wither totem and will also fit in a vaal lightning trap. These increases will skyrocket dps. Vuln is 2 gud 2 pass up. It help with both initial attacks oh zombies and the poison + beacon dmg.

Right now i am sitting at 4.6k es with even not maxed res and can walk low maps easily for early grind. I run shitty gear and a tabula aka no es. I will opt for 8-10k es with capped res ofc in the end. Blink arrow is so gud as well since it helps as a defense option and movement skill.

Feel free t check my build in my profile - currently i only have 1 char.
I wouldn't recommend doing this on hardcore but this is an example of what I am doing deathless, bosses included.

@Iorganic : I have not played CA but looking at its base damage, even at gem level 26, Beacon of Corruption should be much higher DPS in red tier maps. Low tier maps, CA might be about the same.

edit: My map RNG is still crap when it comes to getting those T16 maps. So far after running countless Colosseum, Cores, etc... with high pack size, beyound, corruptions, sac pieces thrown in.. not 1 T16.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Sep 15, 2016, 3:06:56 AM
Wat about mistress of sacrifice?
Flesh offering for low to mid lvl farm and bone offering to potentially reach near max block in high lvl mnaps..
"
Artasqweroldy wrote:
Wat about mistress of sacrifice?
Flesh offering for low to mid lvl farm and bone offering to potentially reach near max block in high lvl mnaps..

its a well known solid defense option and totally up to the player. I would say HC should definitely take this option though you will lose the damage provided by zombie poison stacks as there wont be as many. It will be a noticeable difference. SC players may enjoy mistress of sacrifice + flesh offering if they find their cast speed to slow for the style.

edit: added a small bit for HC players on changes they may want to roll with.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Sep 16, 2016, 3:12:44 PM
I just got Soul Weaver and this build is fantastic!
"
WakaJawaka_ wrote:
I just got Soul Weaver and this build is fantastic!

Glad to hear it :)
Hi, i was looking for ur build, and i find it interesting but why u dont have raise spectre in the femurs ? with the +2 gem, a lvl 21 raise spectre and an empower lvl 3, raise spectree is lvl 25, it will give 8% more dmg and 8% more life than a single lvl 21 gem. I would rather prefer put Empower than spell echo, its not like u dont have the time to cast 2 times with 8 zombies facetanking and it give no dmg to raise spectre.
Last edited by Shaen on Sep 17, 2016, 10:03:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info