[Possible 3.0 Update Coming SOON!]"Dbum's Occultist Essence Drain/Decay with a F***ing Bow!"

"
Draconianpr wrote:
"
Serge91 wrote:
Has anyone managed to kill the Shaper with this build?

Dan,
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCILE2fEUyIn9mYCpPq0t_wQ/videos

Nice, good video.

So. My build relies on two bows while his only on ED bow. This build center on spell damage from passive points to boost ED damage i suppose, while i've taken only proj or chaos damage passives.

Passive tree here:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAFvAx4EBwceDXwOSA5cD6sQexEvEVARlhNtFAkVfhXXFr8bJR1PHdkfQSL0JIsmiCsKLKYsvy9vNAo1uTdmPV9DVEV-SRNJUUmxS65Ms1IpUlNSr1XgVmNYWlxAXGtd8l8qZ_xp2GqMavpsC20ZbWxwu3RVdZ52gnzwfll-oX_GhEiExYauh8uIQongi3qP-pEHknSTH5MnlS6XlZf0m7WhL6LZpyunm6yYsNi0DLTRtUi3MLtNu_y-Or6KwcXDOsNtxvfIDMgUytPPFdAf18_ZE9lb2xrdX9-K4vfmWOd06QLquutj6-TsGO-I7-vw1fRx9W_31_k3?accountName=Serge91&characterName=Freccia_Verde_

What i didn't use against Shaper? The flask with vulnerability. Probably that would boost significantly the dps i have. Also, i need 21/20 ED and an empower 4 i suppose. Right now i have 19/20 ED and empower lv 2 that takes the dot to 24k which is nice but not enough i suppose: i will manage to farm currency to buy a lv 21 ED.

This is the gear:

Spoiler
Last edited by Serge91 on Oct 13, 2016, 7:49:32 AM
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
Why do people craft on reduced DoT damage taken?

good question, seems like proj damage or increased DOT damage could be better.
IGN books
"
ostensibly001 wrote:
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
Why do people craft on reduced DoT damage taken?

good question, seems like proj damage or increased DOT damage could be better.

You go for that if you have a prefix open. Usually you have a suffix open, so you get proj speed or reduced dot damage taken.
El Psy Congroo.
Is it worth keeping Vortex at lower level to prevent elemental reflect or is that not even a problem so go for DPS? Seems like the regen this build offers wouldn't struggle with it. Just hit 50 and got my crummy rolled Decay boy and HOLY $*(# does it destroy. Run, Pop, Run, Pop, Run POp!!

Can't wait to get the ES regen from soul strike, this gonna be a fun build methinks. Blasph/TC/Enfeeble is one of my favorite mechanics in PoE and once that gets going this thing going to be hard to kill.
"
vtsRunty wrote:
Is it worth keeping Vortex at lower level to prevent elemental reflect or is that not even a problem so go for DPS? Seems like the regen this build offers wouldn't struggle with it. Just hit 50 and got my crummy rolled Decay boy and HOLY $*(# does it destroy. Run, Pop, Run, Pop, Run POp!!

Can't wait to get the ES regen from soul strike, this gonna be a fun build methinks. Blasph/TC/Enfeeble is one of my favorite mechanics in PoE and once that gets going this thing going to be hard to kill.

Ele reflect is no problem at all, I can play reflect maps without any problem :)
How does this fare in the uber lab? With CI + wicked ward it's probably easy to go through the traps, but how is the damage when facing izaro?
"
How does this fare in the uber lab? With CI + wicked ward it's probably easy to go through the traps, but how is the damage when facing izaro?

Traps are a joke, and unless Izaro is fully buffed on the damage side, he is as well. with 30k DoT damage, I throw down a wither totem, DoT him, Vortex on him, Witch brew, runs circles. I need to reapply ED and Vortex like once more during the fight or so.

I have ran him fully buffed on the damage side and beat him handily, but you always run that risk of getting one shot. I am not a flasker, so I am sure their are flasks you can run to reduce damage and not take the one shot. 12k ES unbuffed BTW.
"

31k ed dot plus delirium. I've been farming him several times a day, fishing for the ED helm enchant. I don't even use wither totem, only dot and kite. I just tried letting him go fully buffed and it was a pain with font of lethargy, but still never even close.
IGN books
This build is fucking awesome. This was my first character I stepped into CI with, and I've never felt so tanky before. Thanks for this guide. Really enjoy playing my Occultist as the clear speed is pretty awesome, and the single target DoT with Decay is insane.
Last edited by WIZARDBONER on Nov 30, 2016, 4:47:10 PM
Hey, I've been reading through the thread and decided to start this build yesterday!

I think I get most of it but there is one thing I've not been able to find out. The Delirium essence is spread through hits, so through the first essence drain hit. Does it also spread through the essence drain/contagion interaction?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info