[Possible 3.0 Update Coming SOON!]"Dbum's Occultist Essence Drain/Decay with a F***ing Bow!"

"
"
Patchumz wrote:
"
Downed uber lab + argus with this at 75
http://i.imgur.com/cCCebAo.jpg

Spell damage bow?

nope bought cheap 5l bow and used essence on it + leo craft just to test this build gonna buy 6l soon for sure

I'm just impressed by how powerful quality is on those gems, haha. Guess I have a goal today.
El Psy Congroo.
Last edited by Patchumz on Sep 28, 2016, 4:45:06 PM
Last edited by Prxe on Sep 28, 2016, 6:30:43 PM
"
Mishrak wrote:
I noticed you spec'd out of ZO. Are you thinking you have enough ES regen without it? We have a freaking ton of ES regen that's for sure.

Yes, without the constant use of Essence Drain I felt that we could spec out of ZO. (still testing it)

Dbum
IGN @Dbum
"
Gadjou wrote:
I'm tempted to try this build.
I'm looking for a build to run uber lab. Is this build capable of doing 4 keys runs easily?(izaro and traps ... i hate traps)
Thx
Gadjou

ps : i'm a bit confused... are we supposed to use ball lightning, ED or vortex as a main skill?

This build can stand in traps if your Wicked Ward is running. With Soul Strike Quiver and Wicked Ward in Occultist, once your es regen starts it keeps regenerating for 4 seconds. This means, hit a trap, wait for your regen, then run through remaining traps and you will not take any damage.

As far as Izaro, he still hits hard as hell. So you still should be careful by dodging his attacks and dealing with each phase properly.

This build started out as a ED Contagion build and has morphed into a ED and Decay build. So with most ED builds Contagion to spread ED is typically slower than the super fast builds. Procing Decay on mobs with the use of BL or Vortex helps us become that speed clearer with a crazy boss killer, ED.

So you choose your aoe spell for trash BL/Vortex, then use ED for tougher mobs ie: Rare monsters, Bosses, High HP Blue packs.

Dbum
IGN @Dbum
Would the Blast Radius node increase our damage with Vortex significantly? 10% Radius, 30% Area Damage

I'm loving Vortex right now. Burned a lot of fuses trying for a 5L with no success, but I can at least run this in a 4L for now and not really lose any damage.
Last edited by Mishrak on Sep 28, 2016, 10:29:56 PM
"
Mishrak wrote:
Would the Blast Radius node increase our damage with Vortex significantly? 10% Radius, 30% Area Damage

I'm loving Vortex right now. Burned a lot of fuses trying for a 5L with no success, but I can at least run this in a 4L for now and not really lose any damage.

Yes it would increase the damage of Vortex. I am trying to modify the tree atm so changes will come soon.

Dbum
IGN @Dbum
Showing off the Vortex Decay shenanigans

T10 Shaped Peninsula - Minus Max, Temp Chain, +3 Proj, 89% cold dmg, Onslaught
https://youtu.be/V97jmWYo_Eg

Enjoy!

Dbum
IGN @Dbum

this is my planned tree up to lvl 97, I'm taking life regen nodes down the scion to simulate intuitive leap with Potency of Will and Skittering runes.

I didn't believe when they were saying Profane Bloom ruins Contagion spread effect, now I know...
I'm 72 so far, switched from trickster ED. Is there any chance you (or anyone else) could show t12+ gameplay? I'm not totally convinced vortex will be enough damage in the higher content.

My gear for reference:
Spoiler
Last edited by anone on Sep 29, 2016, 8:57:49 AM
Does all of the chaos and damage over time nodes double dip the decay on ed/vortex? If not, it might be worth it to look at retooling some into spell damage?
Last edited by gundorf on Sep 29, 2016, 9:00:02 AM
Whats the good word on Vortex over BL?

I havent gotten to play since Sunday, so itching to get home and play all night :)

I need to snag a good Val ring, get rid of Voidwalkers for some high ES boots and rebalance resists again, but should be at 24k dps on ED (in skill damage, not tooltip) and 11k ES without disc up. Probably respeccing ascend points to be able to run blasph with temp/enfeeble and use flask for vuln for more damage (tri-curse).

I have a 20/20 Vortex sitting, and will test it tonight in my 5 link to see how it goes. I like throwing other spells that do DoT in the mix since we are already specced for it. Might make us a little more susceptible for ele reflect, but I can always go back to BoL if it hurts to bad for those maps.

Hope to be able to play a ton this weekend and as long as maps drop well, should be able to start farming T10+. EXCITED to get back playing! Haven't enjoyed a build this much since getting back into the game from a 2 year break!
Last edited by sheeeeeeets on Sep 29, 2016, 10:44:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info