[Possible 3.0 Update Coming SOON!]"Dbum's Occultist Essence Drain/Decay with a F***ing Bow!"

"
Namcap wrote:
So possibly stupid question, but how do you craft the bow? The base doesn't matter right? I was going to use a Crude Bow since it doesn't have any dex requirement (and level 60 bows need like 180+ which is way too much for a caster build). Is there anything wrong with that? I figured 6L a crude bow, put Decay on it and if not +1, add it with Catarina.

Any better way to do this? I can buy 6L bows for like 90c but they are all high dex requirements, but it will likely cost me a lot more than 90c to 6L a crude bow as well so I prefer to check first how you guys did it.

just buy any 6link bow that has ur dex requirement. usually in low 100's. crude bow competes for srs so the prices are high. ED builds usually have 100 ish dex. Also u need like 3/4G so the colours arent hard
"
dbum wrote:
"
Mishrak wrote:
Wow okay. You're absolutely right. Thanks for that dps test. I was trying to find a good place to do it and this ended up being perfect.

Per the wiki: Effect Support and "Area of Effect damage" passive nodes do not increase Ball Lightning's damage (changes to Area of Effect radius still apply).

So Ball + Void Manipulation + Slower Projectiles...what else could go in the chain?

I personally am digging faster proj. I cast then chase it as far as it will go lol.

And thank you windz for this amazing addition to this build.

Dbum

Me too. As we chase the orb mobs are within the influence of profane bloom, which boosts up clearspeed tremendously (and beautiful). Also we can take profane bloom now because we ditch contagion completely.
Last edited by gerremy on Sep 27, 2016, 8:02:47 AM
Can you give me a little more detail on the process to craft the + gem level onto the bow? Does the decay count as a suffix?

If the essence is a suffix, I assume this bow is a good candidate to craft? I want to make sure I'm not missing anything on the mechanics here before I drop 2 ex + whatever it takes to 6l.

Last edited by gundorf on Sep 27, 2016, 9:01:51 AM
"
gerremy wrote:
"
dbum wrote:
"
Mishrak wrote:
Wow okay. You're absolutely right. Thanks for that dps test. I was trying to find a good place to do it and this ended up being perfect.

Per the wiki: Effect Support and "Area of Effect damage" passive nodes do not increase Ball Lightning's damage (changes to Area of Effect radius still apply).

So Ball + Void Manipulation + Slower Projectiles...what else could go in the chain?

I personally am digging faster proj. I cast then chase it as far as it will go lol.

And thank you windz for this amazing addition to this build.

Dbum

Me too. As we chase the orb mobs are within the influence of profane bloom, which boosts up clearspeed tremendously (and beautiful). Also we can take profane bloom now because we ditch contagion completely.

We grabbed profane bloom already didn't we?

I thought I was imagining the conflict between contagion and profane bloom, but I've used it a lot less since I switched to ball and picked up that ascendency.

Where does the wither totem come into play? This is something else I haven't used very much.
Wondering how Skyforth would integrate in the Build (given that you have the Boots/Currency available)?

It would free up the powerful Amulet-Slot and potentially enable Tri-Curse + Discipline on the CI-Version (with Heretic's Veil). The downside would be that you cannot utilize Zealot's Oath and the Life-Regen from Tree/ED.

However i would assume that the normal energy shield regeneration, especially with Quiver/Wicked Ward mechanics would outclass the that part anyway.

Whats your opinion on it, especially against bosses?
"
Mishrak wrote:

We grabbed profane bloom already didn't we?

I thought I was imagining the conflict between contagion and profane bloom, but I've used it a lot less since I switched to ball and picked up that ascendency.

Where does the wither totem come into play? This is something else I haven't used very much.

For me before i switched to BL I avoided Profane Bloom completely.
For wither totem you use that on boss most of the time. Rare just melts once the pack goes boom with profane bloom.

I don't know if you noticed but Vortex is on its own another very sexy option here. It's like other ED, but with AOE, and also have a nice chill effect which helps with Temp chain, but doesnt have as much clear speed as BL.
Last edited by gerremy on Sep 27, 2016, 9:38:00 AM
What if you ran vortex with cwdt? Maybe with increased aoe and something else?

Edit:
My first thought is CWDT + Rapid Decay + Void Manip + Vortex. Dunno if controlled destruction would be better somewhere.
Last edited by Mishrak on Sep 27, 2016, 1:30:34 PM
I've stuck to the spell damage bow option, partially as don't want to spend out on a new bow, or wipe over my current one (can't afford to anyway!) and partially as I still think decay might get nerfed.

Level 89 now, running t15 fine and managed a vaal temple with a few deaths. Only guardian I have done was Hydra, which was fine but very slow going.

10.5k es now, without Discipline - 12.5 with, which I do on hexproof maps.
Could grab a few more es nodes, but went for bit more curse effectivness and AOE instead.
Just under 30k dot damage with a lvl 3 empower (Corrupted, my one is still levelling) and corrupt 20/20 (Mine level soon)

Gear

Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAMeA-4NfA5IEHsRLxFQEZYTbRQJFX4V1xg8GFYYahpsGyUc3B1PHdkfQSL0JognqSj6KlMrCiycLKYsvzQKNbk3ZjwoQnpDVESrSVFJsUuuTm1Sr1WuVmNXyVgHXEBca13yZ_xp2GwLbRltbHC7dZ52gngvenB85XzwfqF_xoIQgseESIauh8uIQo8aj0aPpo_6kNaRB5Mnm6GcMpy-na6hL6XEpwinK6ebsnC0DLVItzC4k7tNu_y9J746vorBxcNtyAzIW8rTzxXXz9lb2xrdX9-K37DndOkC6rrrY-vu7BjviPDV9HH3wffX-Tf56A==?accountName=Carlovski&characterName=EssenceOfBow

Dbum, do you even use Contagion anymore with that BL setup?
"
Vedir wrote:
Dbum, do you even use Contagion anymore with that BL setup?

Still do on high tier maps. Even with BL spreading Decay, ED is much stronger when needed.
El Psy Congroo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info