Hacked Accounts

"

@Chris or any other dev out there:

What do You think about situation, when, in lets say rather small community, so many hacks take place in such short time to so many people?

you have it the wrong way round...the community was sitting around 2 million accounts about a month or so ago the posts in this thread and others in other parts of the forum wouldn't add up to 10,000...do the math.

As for why the don't do roll backs...that is kinda obvious, it will kill the economy eventually AND there is only a very small team to deal with the claims.
They could do it but as soon as the started the claims that someone got hacked would skyrocket as chancing scumbags would falsely claim they were.

I'll also point out that in any MMO they won't give you your currency back(orbs in this case)
Have a look about on other MMO's and see what their policy is...you'll find that they all have the same stance particularly f2p ones, blizz being the exception, but then they can afford to the manpower to work on the claims and even then it is at their discretion
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Apr 26, 2013, 10:15:33 AM
prevent stalking ;)
Last edited by free_at_last on Feb 28, 2015, 1:40:00 AM
"
shovelhead wrote:
I'm willing to bet that if all of the lame gamers that buy stuff from sell sites would stop buying items, the hacking would stop. These sites are nothing but trolls and people buying items instead of playing and finding them are feeding the trolls. It's really not a hard concept.

I bet you're wrong.

Haven't even visited any of those sites let alone bought anything.

OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
Got the double e-mails of doom on my phone...

Add me to the list of hacked accounts here recently. Happened this morning. I know there is nothing to be done about it, but the more people that report it here, the larger subsection of the people who post on the forums will be seen as hacked.

Oddities for me, my main e-mail on my desktop the account was linked to did not have an email from GGG for the attack from Wuban China, nor the new activation code e-mail sent to the hacker to allow them access. However, I have both on my email account on my phone.

Only other time I was ever hacked it turned out to be an NC Soft security problem and I am leaning towards a list from GGG being compromised.

Fun game, I have invested $40 in extra tabs and spell effects to show my gratitude to the creators for the excellent work they have done. I will continue to play however they will most likely not receive more "thank you funds" due to the situation (I won't say never because improvements can be made).

Keep up the great work on the game. Use some of the funds to pay for a new security system asap.

/salute Winterfel
Last edited by Winterfel on Apr 26, 2013, 10:56:26 PM
"
Winterfel wrote:
Got the double e-mails of doom on my phone...

Add me to the list of hacked accounts here recently. Happened this morning. I know there is nothing to be done about it, but the more people that report it here, the larger subsection of the people who post on the forums will be seen as hacked.

Oddities for me, my main e-mail on my desktop the account was linked to did not have an email from GGG for the attack from Wuban China, nor the new activation code e-mail sent to the hacker to allow them access. However, I have both on my email account on my phone.

Only other time I was ever hacked it turned out to be an NC Soft security problem and I am leaning towards a list from GGG being compromised.

Fun game, I have invested $40 in extra tabs and spell effects to show my gratitude to the creators for the excellent work they have done. I will continue to play however they will most likely not receive more "thank you funds" due to the situation (I won't say never because improvements can be made).

Keep up the great work on the game. Use some of the funds to pay for a new security system asap.

/salute Winterfel

know what you feel man -_-'

worst thing is there is no "compensation" for us "hacked" guys. Ive lost all ive been working on since very first day of open beta. Just looks weird for me that devs will just leave us with nothing like nothing happened. They need our help before, we were there. Now we need help from them...
*** NoobCakes *** <NCAKES> guild
IGN: HardCandy
centeral europe time
This thread is starting to look like the D3 forums hack thread very rapidly. By no means do I compare Blizzard staff to GGG but it seems to me that the likelyhood of GGG software being compromised is rising with every respectable player I see posting here.
IGN BearBrew
By the time a security update?'re Sick they do not give any solution, this is getting outrageous.
prevent stalking ;)
Last edited by free_at_last on Feb 28, 2015, 1:40:54 AM
"
free_at_last wrote:
"
gurkenrudel wrote:
This thread is starting to look like the D3 forums hack thread very rapidly. By no means do I compare Blizzard staff to GGG but it seems to me that the likelyhood of GGG software being compromised is rising with every respectable player I see posting here.

Yes, but from Blizz you would get helped.
It seems the guys from GGG are just wants to grab your money and leave you alone.

Just some points:

- Using a mail-adress just for this game (like any online-game i´m playing get an own adress)
- using a password, which isn´t used anywhere else (like any onlingame....)
- using a computer just for games (i do anything other on another computer, except visiting
the official game-sites
- all my computers have a firewall/antivirus, they all are behind a Hardware-firewall

And i really was prospered with it over years in many online-games.

for the hacker-access:
- i got a mail from GGG that the location was changed (from germany to china)
- i got a mail from GGG with the unlock-code because of the location
- the log of my mailprovider tells me, there wasn´t any access between my logins

So anyway the hackers GOT the unlockcode. Maybe the mechanic to create this code is very simple or there´s just a bunch of codes.
But after all i think GGGs safety is pretty much shitty.

For me it means i won´t spent anymore money for this game. Furthermore i´ll suggest all my connections that it is unsafe to play this game, even if they would spent money.

I think with this kind of unsafeness this game wouldn´t have a long half-life period.
And that´s a shame. Until this hack this game was fun. But after it i think, i´ll quit this game. Really don´t have any stimulus to play another four month just to loose all stuff again.

About the unlock code:
Is it bound to 1 account, does it ever change, can hackers re-hack my account with the same code even if i change everything from password to e-mail?
Is it only me that feels that the hackers seem to have some sort of shortcut to the unlock code?

prevent stalking ;)
Last edited by free_at_last on Feb 28, 2015, 1:41:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info