Hacked Accounts

"
edessiex wrote:
Intersting post. I had my account hacked a few months ago... (details of my post are there for those interested,

I had different accounts for emails and PoE and different passwords of course. I have a strong passwords for my email account (not so much for PoE but heh! what were the chances...). PoE was not played through steam and no script at alls were used.

I do believe that my account was hacked using a tool specifically made to hack PoE accounts...

I did post the link for the tool but it was removed by the admin, so I am not reposting it here, it was just a proof that such tools exists.

I would like to know whether GGG addressed their security or not ? Because I am not investing 3 other years of my life playing this game that I have followed since it was only a few thousands players, playing it, if there is a chance that I could lose it all, again.

Hope that at least my post can help increase security and put other's people minds at rest.

But it would be good to know that GGG addressed this for good...

Cheers all

1) This topic is 3 years old, let it die.
2) Yes GGG has buffed their security a fair bit since then.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Sorry for my rudeness now but ARE YOU F*SERIOUS ? i play this game since early 2013 , ive never even used any mods except for lootfilter RECOMENDED by you , i have new pc since december last year and had poe installed via steam , never have i accesed or given my login info to anyone not even close friends with which i play all the time and we used to know each other passwords on other games . Im not a hardcore grinder playing cookiecutter meta builds i make my own and ahve fun with it , i had maybe 30-40 ex if i sold all my currency into them , i was proud that i still had legacy light coil which i 6l only this year finallly , and alt art whisp ice which i could sell but kept it for personal value of remebering i used to race , for me to get an ex takes a month , maybe even more as i dont ahve that much time and i basically lost everything and would take me 2-3 years to get currency stolen from me back. I never had my accounts hacked not even when i used to play more mainstream popular games like WoW while i had extremely rare items , ranks etc , WoT where i have also huge gameplay time with a lot of ingame collectables worth hundreads of euros , or hell even LoL when it used to be good game and won some rare skins there - NEVER has my account been breached i know what im doing (secure email , extremely har dand different passwords , no strange mods) ,YOU had a leak costing your loyal customers to loose everything and you cant do something as simple as a rollback ? jsut shut down game for a couple fo days sort your mistakes and rollback a week - no items duped and its better to loose 1 week worht of grinding compared to 5 friking years .
SO are you going to admit you fucked up , fix it , return things to how they were ?
OR are you going to refund ingame purchase(stashtabs , skins...) since the game has been wiped clean for them and its as if they have never played .
PS : its not that fucking hard to track the robbers permaban them and track where they got items from and return them ... you jsut dont care about people who were loyal to you since the start and helped you make the game populard - to get you where you are now ... if you do care at least a little bit , at least reply to this message please , and tell us you ARE going to do something about it not only "umm were going to strenghten security buuut we still blame you"

Please i really like this game , and would like to play it , but since i lost EVERYTHING ( they left me with only armorscraps , stole core items from my characters and now i cant play not even if i wanted to since i dont have item nor currency to buy new ones ) this would realyl kill the game off for me for good ....
Last edited by maartin on Oct 23, 2017, 11:19:20 AM
Guessing you play necro since you brought this post back fom the dead...
In all reality you should probably work with support, they are pretty awesome.
"
maartin wrote:
Sorry for my rudeness now but ....

Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info