Hacked Accounts

yep just got hacked too like lots of people. 1st time in 15+ years so i have to blame the game security. my guess is they got the unlock code somehow changed the password and just took all my currency. im free player and very casual so not much was lost so i cant imagine if i was lvl 80+ with hundreds of hours spent and real money involved. hope they can fix this vulnerability in their system or the game will die sooner or later.
Yep I just got hacked as well, lost an amazing orange summoning ammy and all my orbs. Have played just about every other mmo out there without ever having a problem so I'm done.

Note: I'm a Cs major with a background in networking, I am running the newest version of Mountain Lion, have not done any of the stupid stuff like buying items on 3rd party sites, have java disabled and constantly run virus scans. I also monitor both incoming and outgoing connections, and keep an updated anti-virus. I have checked with my mail service and no entries from an unknown ip or any activity on it. Have also used https://pwnedlist.com/ and it stating the account is good. With this I can only come to think that its one of two things, I have been using wine to run the game and there could be an exploit in the executable or its due to GGG security. I'm leaning to the latter after reading a good amount of pages from others how have had similar experiences. I liked the game however due to this I will not be returning, I just feel bad for everyone that there who put a lot more into it then I did, as well as for the future people this will effect before it is corrected. Good luck all.
Last edited by diveblk on Apr 29, 2013, 3:11:41 AM
"
diveblk wrote:
Yep I just got hacked as well, lost an amazing orange summoning ammy and all my orbs. Have played just about every other mmo out there without ever having a problem so I'm done.

Note: I'm a Cs major with a background in networking, I am running the newest version of Mountain Lion, have not done any of the stupid stuff like buying items on 3rd party sites, have java disabled and constantly run virus scans. I also monitor both incoming and outgoing connections, and keep an updated anti-virus. I have checked with my mail service and no entries from an unknown ip or any activity on it. Have also used https://pwnedlist.com/ and it stating the account is good. With this I can only come to think that its one of two things, I have been using wine to run the game and there could be an exploit in the executable or its due to GGG security. I'm leaning to the latter after reading a good amount of pages from others how have had similar experiences. I liked the game however due to this I will not be returning, I just feel bad for everyone that there who put a lot more into it then I did, as well as for the future people this will effect before it is corrected. Good luck all.

If they would have any inside security problems on their end, im pretty sure they wouldn't admit it to prevent panic in community. So we won't find out probably never. As for me, i can belive taht some1 hacked to my account, i was maintaining my own secutiry as far as i could ( antivirus, scans, firewall and whatnot ), but after reading thru this thread i find that its just kinda weird that people like you and friend of my ( whos been working in networking for years ), got hacked just like that.
I can understand their policy -you wont get any stolen stuff back, couse its always your fault, just becouse- and explaining that as it could lead to abusement ruining economy ( which mostlikely wouldn't happen anyways at this stage of game ), but i just can't stand that they leaving their gamers/customers with nothing and in some cases forcing them to actually buy currency from that 3rd party sites to get back on their feet in game, which is absurd if you ask me.
Ive seen so many people here hacked, some time couse of their foult some times not, but anyways, again, its just sad that they are doing nothing to compensate at least something to us/them.
*** NoobCakes *** <NCAKES> guild
IGN: HardCandy
centeral europe time
Last edited by Hard_Candy on Apr 29, 2013, 4:38:23 AM
Today I tried to login but a pop up prompted that I was previously login from another location and I was like "what the heck?"

I only play from my computer at home so this came as a shock for me. Surprisingly nothing was gone but I changed to a more complex password afterwards :(
ign: Ederyirn

Playing on Singapore gateway.
Hardcore mode fan since d2 classic! Afk-ing mostly o_O. Doing Lunaris 3 and slowly progressing :P
"
diveblk wrote:
Note: I'm a Cs major with a background in networking, I am running the newest version of Mountain Lion, have not done any of the stupid stuff like buying items on 3rd party sites, have java disabled and constantly run virus scans. I also monitor both incoming and outgoing connections, and keep an updated anti-virus. I have checked with my mail service and no entries from an unknown ip or any activity on it. Have also used https://pwnedlist.com/ and it stating the account is good. With this I can only come to think that its one of two things, I have been using wine to run the game and there could be an exploit in the executable or its due to GGG security.

Or, your password was poor and was guessed. You being hacked does not automatically mean there was a security breach.
Just logged in today the first time for 1 oder 2 months and got hacked as well. Was using a really safe password which I dont use anywhere else.

Well GGG I guess its time for some kind of authenticator...

€: didnt even get this mystical "login from another location"-email and noone was in my mail account. Now I'm kinda interested in how they do this
Last edited by Qancho on Apr 29, 2013, 7:10:40 PM
Logged in today, noticed I was hacked...

Come to the forums to discover a hacking epidemic, only for the Developers to shrug it off as something we fucked up on our end.

LOL wtg customer support.
I've been hacked. They got all my chaos orbs and my 5L chest. The hacker was using my client. I noticed that Path of Exile was up but I never ran it. Then I saw the mouse moving, taking the regrets and that's when it stopped. Damn, I am now quitting this game. Maybe it's also a wake up call that this is not worth my time.
Also woke up to a hacked account. All major currency was stolen (exalts, regals, chaos etc.).

Would love it if you could have a Mobile Authenticator linked to your Account. That should help solve these ... issues.
Yeah I was cleaned out today too.

Can't work it out though.... very secure computer, 9 digit password with caps and 3 numbers.

I've never been hacked before on any game (not even D2!) so really scratching my head on this.

Not worried about my gear, it was mainly crap, but I don't want this to happen again.

Apart from changing my password, is there anything else I can do?
SATOR
AREPO
TENET
OPERA
ROTAS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info