Hacked Accounts

"
tritonxiv wrote:
I'm done with this game until they implement authenticators or restores.

So much wasted time.

The desync and now the security issues show some real laziness on the part of the developers.
"
"
tritonxiv wrote:

So much wasted time.

The desync and now the security issues show some real laziness on the part of the developers.

More precisely, it was shortage of staffs going on in GGG. That's not all, their methods of dealing with problems is also one of the main reason PoE is in dipsh*t now.
"
dancaselden wrote:
Please remove the hashed password from game memory after loading the game. It would hopefully require the attackers to obtain full code execution inside the game client, rather than just leak memory. Maybe there are no bugs in the game client, maybe they already have full code execution, and maybe there's some other session credentials that could be used... but as an attacker, the hashed password is the first place i'd go. If it's an easy change, it might buy you some time to implement countermeasures

Sounds like you have no idea what you just said.
Question:

Darkro90 and bluelightningflik... how exactly are your comments constructive or helpful considering the situation?

I could understand if you were trying to be helpful, or even the opposite (though less appreciated of course). however I'm not exactly sure of "what" you're doing at all...
"
"
tritonxiv wrote:

So much wasted time.

Desyncing occurred because the game is still beta and they're working on adding server capacity.

If you get hacked it's your own fault. If you get hacked you can only blame yourself for being an idiot. People think they did nothing wrong.. they think so because they know nothing about computers and security. Then they get hacked, rage and blame everyone else but them selves. It's hilarious. It's comparable to religious rage.
Last edited by Selanmer on Feb 21, 2013, 3:47:20 AM
"
Josephoenix wrote:
Question:

Darkro90 and bluelightningflik... how exactly are your comments constructive or helpful considering the situation?

I could understand if you were trying to be helpful, or even the opposite (though less appreciated of course). however I'm not exactly sure of "what" you're doing at all...
Venting.
"
Josephoenix wrote:
Question:

Like I said before, I would not look at the other way while the game and the community itself is struggling like now. It's up to yourself whether to say my opinion is constructive or not.

But looking at the other way while GGG continue to make mistakes isn't really sits well for me.
"
darkro90 wrote:
But looking at the other way while GGG continue to make mistakes isn't really sits well for me.

Yes. GGG made a mistake because you got hacked.. and you got hacked because you're an idi.. because you don't know how to secure yourself.
"
Selanmer wrote:
"
darkro90 wrote:

Yes. GGG made a mistake because you got hacked.. and you got hacked because you're an idi.. because you don't know how to secure yourself.

Prozon got hacked because he used an insecure email provider. He still got his character and all his stuff back.
"
Selanmer wrote:
"
darkro90 wrote:

How many times do I have to repeat myself here?

"
As much I'd love to do that, fortunately so far I haven't been hacked. But that might pops another question.

"Why do you care so much about the hacking if you're yourself didn't hacked?"

Simple. It is because I loved this game. I've cared things where the majority didn't care. I stand by things where everyone else looks at the other ways, such as this fiasco. That's why I'm questioning GGG's actions on these recent hacking thingy. And in my opinion, so far GGG is handling these things disappointingly, and this was underlined with prozonguy case.

Enough with the sidetracking of the main topic. Right now, what's to be need discussed is how to prevent further hacking and reimbursement of the hacking victims. It is really unfair in my opinion for having a big name streamer get all of his stuffs back while the others didn't got any real support from GGG. Old excuses like "Because it was our fault." is not acceptable anymore, it is public fact right now that your security loophole is being exploited by the hackers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info